Road to Simulation

@FernandoCR [ESP] I know trolls are everywhere, I play games everyday, I’ve played TMP for a long time so, yes trolls are everywhere, the thing that I said was that this update has accelerated the effects of trolls and made people more brazen to troll. Number of reports sent by 1 user doesn’t make a difference in my opinion, especially between just 2 journeys, it’s subject to time of day, server, route, traffic population and the general mood of said user. So just because you sent 1 less report in a journey that’s of similar length, doesn’t show any significant change, if you had sent only 1 report after driving the same route multiple times before and after the update, then your claims would be more valid. 

I too have been avoiding C-D and surrounding areas more often, hence why my trip from Helsinki to Southampton was via the Scandinavian route to Grimsby/hull then south through England, yet get trolled more times driving this way than driving through German and France at the same time of day. 

I will strongly disagree with you based upon my own person experiences, I’ve seen more crashes either cause by people not paying attention to their mirrors and pulling out in front of people or by overtaking and being stuck in oncoming lanes because the other truck sped up to the limiter, yes, C-D tends to look quieter and less congested at the same times it used to be, but the number of crashes and hold ups have increase, what’s worse is that areas where you knew it was relatively safe to drive without the threat of being rammed or blocked are no longer a thing since the update. 

I would also also disagree that a 30MPH speed difference does NOT make avoiding wrecks and bad drivers easier, it’s the same tarmac, with the same bad driving with, at least for me, similar driving speed, so seeing and avoiding times are identical, yes if you are doing WoT jobs then doing 56MPH is going to let you have more time to react, but for someone who’s old cruise speed on most roads was between 60 and 70MPH anyway, it makes 0 difference, especially with the same road conditions and traffic behaviours.

i stand by what I said, dropping the speed limits hasn’t fix the issues with TMP and the reasons why so many reports are made, all it’s done is enhance the effects and coloured the views of a lot of the community, with a lot of people feeling that essentially, TMP has “dropped the ball” when it comes to making TMP a fair place to be. Like I said, if the most common actions done by trolls, intentionally ramming, brake checking, blocking and hacking are given stronger punishments AND are dealt with in a shorter time frame, then driving in TMP wont be as bad, especially on ETS2.

For me, ATS has become my go to game for driving solo in MP because it’s more fun, you have a speed limit of 80MPH which makes doing 2000mile journeys easier, there are less trolls and if you go to the logging trail near Bellingham, Washington, you’ll see a lot of people in one place at peak times.

• True Story 1

8 hours ago, Neba said:

If the 110 kmh speed limit applies to the CD road and other country road that’s fine. My biggest concern is the underlying problem when driving in a constantly empty highway at this speed.  Did you make a try?

How I said: "Yes, it is really boring driving with 110 on empty roads.".

1 hour ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

How I said: "Yes, it is really boring driving with 110 on empty roads.".

I don't know whether significant numbers of people (including me) also have this mind and just drive on CD road every time, as I think TMP has always been putting effort to encourage truckers to drive outside that area....:thinking:

2 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Number of reports sent by 1 user doesn’t make a difference in my opinion, especially between just 2 journeys, it’s subject to time of day, server, route, traffic population and the general mood of said user. So just because you sent 1 less report in a journey that’s of similar length, doesn’t show any significant change, if you had sent only 1 report after driving the same route multiple times before and after the update, then your claims would be more valid.

4 reports in more than 47000 Km (Simulation 1 with 110 Km/h speed limits) vs. 3 reports in less than 3000 Km (EU#2 with 150 Km/h speed limits). If you don't see any significant change, then I don't see why I should bother explaining. And like I said, I report players who harm my truck/trailer/cargo, moods have nothing to do with it. The routes I drive have something in common: avoid the C-D area. So my reports are based on every other areas of the base map and expansion DLCs. If you showed me evidence that things have turned to worse, then your claims would be more valid. For now, I'll keep thinking that things are a lot better than before. Because I believe in what I see a lot more than in what others say.

The rest or your reply seems to me just a repetition of things I had already answered, so there's no point in insisting. You see things one way, I see them differently, that's what makes humans so entertaining.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

4 reports in more than 47000 Km (Simulation 1 with 110 Km/h speed limits) vs. 3 reports in less than 3000 Km (EU#2 with 150 Km/h speed limits). If you don't see any significant change, then I don't see why I should bother explaining. And like I said, I report players who harm my truck/trailer/cargo, moods have nothing to do with it. The routes I drive have something in common: avoid the C-D area. So my reports are based on every other areas of the base map and expansion DLCs. If you showed me evidence that things have turned to worse, then your claims would be more valid. For now, I'll keep thinking that things are a lot better than before. Because I believe in what I see a lot more than in what others say.

The rest or your reply seems to me just a repetition of things I had already answered, so there's no point in insisting. You see things one way, I see them differently, that's what makes humans so entertaining.

The thing is, it makes no difference, a more significant difference would be if your reports went to 0 verses x number over y distance. To be honest, if you report for people “harming” your vehicle, well that’s an issue, but each to their own.

from my point of view things are worse than before, you feel it’s better, different play styles equal different opinions, you drive at 55MPH on super long journeys which have a higher chance of being damaged, whereas I drive at 60+MPH with shorter journeys that mean I average less damage per day.

at the end of the day, there are many ways TMP can be made better and still be fun for EVERY player, not just the “sim” players.

@Hecki_Stafman Of course, it is for me. But since I haven't changed my driving style, areas or anything else, I'd hope that other players who have done the same should see the same "effects". Maybe people who didn't bother reporting before have started reporting now, as a "revenge" towards those who said that with the changes there would be less reports?

@megadethsteve666 It clearly made a difference to my game experience. Before, I couldn't drive 3000 Km without being rammed 3-4 times, now I drove 47000 Km (almost 16 times as many as before) with the same amount of ramming incidents. I report players who damage my vehicle because when doing WoT jobs, loading autosaves to repair cargo damage is not an option. My goal when I play this game is to deliver undamaged cargoes. And in the end, my cargo gets damaged by the morons who intentionally or because of driving recklessly, hit my vehicle. That's called RAMMING in the rules. Why would you think that it is an issue to report them? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I personally encourage the new changes; it significantly helps to reduce the number of people in the game that try and ruin it for other people. The new emphasis on following road rules also helps to make ti feel as much of a realistic simulation as possible, with running red lights, ignoring stop signs and undertaking pointlessly being actions considered reckless even more than before. Nice work TMP. 

7 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@Hecki_Stafman Of course, it is for me. But since I haven't changed my driving style, areas or anything else, I'd hope that other players who have done the same should see the same "effects". Maybe people who didn't bother reporting before have started reporting now, as a "revenge" towards those who said that with the changes there would be less reports?

@megadethsteve666 It clearly made a difference to my game experience. Before, I couldn't drive 3000 Km without being rammed 3-4 times, now I drove 47000 Km (almost 16 times as many as before) with the same amount of ramming incidents. I report players who damage my vehicle because when doing WoT jobs, loading autosaves to repair cargo damage is not an option. My goal when I play this game is to deliver undamaged cargoes. And in the end, my cargo gets damaged by the morons who intentionally or because of driving recklessly, hit my vehicle. That's called RAMMING in the rules. Why would you think that it is an issue to report them? 

That’s the thing, it’s made a difference to YOUR game experience, that doesn’t mean that it’s made an impact on the other 6000+ players who are averagely online during the day, for sample, I used to drive from St Petersburg to somewhere in northern Germany, a trip of around 1000-1300 miles, maybe more depending on the destination, yet I never got trolled, rammed or had any run-ins with people that I felt deserved to be reported, now, as soon as I enter northern Poland and track West into Germany, I’ve had many run-ins recently with trolls and other such undesirable people, so from my perspective, the changes have had a more negative effect, especially when none of the changes focused on the real issues in TMP.

The thing is, just because someone hits you, doesn’t mean they had any malicious intent, before the changes, I actually followed you down C-D and to be honest, your latency was getting quite bad, so from my perspective, reporting someone when you have the attitude of “oh they touched my truck, that’s punishable by death” isn’t really a good attitude to have, mistakes happen, whether you like it or not, we are all human, we are not perfect by any means, I only report people if I can clearly see malicious intent, if it’s by accident, whether by lag, bad timing or just having not enough room to stop, then I don’t see why someone should be punished for it, at the end of the day it’s just a game, a load of code, it’s not real life. 

The thing is though, reckless driving is subject to personal opinion or by laws that are relevant within your country, so something that you see as reckless driving, to someone else, is not. So saying someone is recklessly driving is not specific nor really reliable, I mean, you can break down reckless driving into many, many factors and behavioural traits, the fact of the matter is, those 2 words are just a cop out to say that in your opinion, someone’s driving doesn’t meet your specifications.

• True Story 1

Congratulations TMP, your "road to simulation" attempt is a failure and this is just the beginning.

Everything is still infected with Trolls, CD road is still a black dot on the map and it is also where 65% of all players on the server continue to concentrate, the reports take longer to attend and little by little there are fewer people playing.

I have not played the game for 9 days, so I will continue, since you have destroyed the 150 and entire companies go to the trash for your total inefficiency!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, gusmax1 said:

Congratulations TMP, your "road to simulation" attempt is a failure and this is just the beginning.

Everything is still infected with Trolls, CD road is still a black dot on the map and it is also where 65% of all players on the server continue to concentrate, the reports take longer to attend and little by little there are fewer people playing.

I have not played the game for 9 days, so I will continue, since you have destroyed the 150 and entire companies go to the trash for your total inefficiency!!

BREAKING NEWS: There is no speed limit on the Arcade servers & they are also NCZ, what companies have been destroyed???? While it was nice to drive 93 mph it was rare due to traffic & even if there is none you still got bends. I have maxed trucks out & i can tell you they really don't go much further than 100 mph unless your going downhill! Just like with your average car won't go more than 130 & thats if your really ragging its nuts off

I think that this is the dumbest update there is.

1st reason: Trolls will always be trolls. They are not dumb people, they will hop onto the popular server and try to ruin the experience. If staff were smart about this, they would make it so that if someone has more bans, they should be banned from EU2 instead of limiting the speed limit. Or you should make it so that if trolls get more bans or kicks, their speed limit decreases from the rest. They wouldn't overtake at all. 

2nd reason: TMP staff is 100% the most laziest staff in the world. They do not take the communities decision at all. They use scripts when banning people and they show no care in game. They never interact with the community when they do big updates like this one. Their staff are biased and they will side with this horrible update. They will state the same reasoning over and over again because they always side on people. They don't ever say things in a kind manner. What they should do is that they should see where they are at. They should check in with the community and see how it is going and if they like where EU2 is going. If people say that EU2 is bad, they change to simulation. What they did here was immediately change to simulation. They got rid of triple trailers with NO consent from the community. 

3rd reason: Having an arcade server with max speed and no collisions isn't the right way to go. At least make one with collisions to have the best of both worlds. 

4th reason:  Why speed limitation? I get where people say that this isn't a Need for Speed game but some people may like going a bit fast. If they aren't cautious with it, ban them. Speeding and overtaking is a risk on your own. If you mess up, you're banned. Make the rules a bit stricter. If the speed wasn't locked in, there wouldn't be speed hackers. Going on a highway at a locked speed isn't fun. If you go on a highway today in real life, not every single person goes the same speed. Some people may follow with the speed, some people may speed a bit faster, some may go below the speed limit. Saying that this is realistic is pathetic. ATS is such a fun game on single player because you don't have any limitations. Now if you go on ATS MP, you will go on an abandoned highway going 68 MPH. It is completely boring and I think people would want to go faster. You really REALLY messed up on ATS. Now you've lost a good amount of people from your community from doing this. I, for one might be the next one. For most of the day, you will now see only 3500/4200 people. Before when it was EU2, there was always a queue and I loved that. The community was together. Most people loved EU2 and now you took that from them.

5th reason: Planning on getting rid of the cars is a HUGE mistake. Saying that cars cause accidents is a big lie. The nice thing about cars is that there is variety. I get that it's a trucking game but having cars brings variety. It's nice seeing a car on the rode. Maybe make the brakes a bit better and when you slam on the brakes, you don't go out of control. Make the turning sensitivity better as well. Don't make it so that car players lose control easily. It's nice that car players can get out of accidents easier than trucks can. Car players aren't the main people trolling and causing accidents. It's very hard for a truck driver to overtake a car driver because they accelerate way faster than what a truck will ever do. 

I think that this is an amazing concept but you took it in a wrong position. What you should have done is make it that people with more kicks and bans should have limitations. The whole community shouldn't have impact just because all of the staff want to get rid of trollers. Also, make your staff interact with people in game. All of you game moderators never talk to the fellow truckers. You just sit there and kick people. Note that having 3500/4200 people on a day like this is a very bad move. I am living in the U.S. and I play at 12:00 EST. That is more in the evening in Europe and that is when people get on. I would expect a queue in EU2. Now, it's sad how I don't see that in simulation mode. You staff members really messed up this one. Just listen to everyone and not the people you side with. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

The thing is, just because someone hits you, doesn’t mean they had any malicious intent, before the changes, I actually followed you down C-D and to be honest, your latency was getting quite bad, so from my perspective, reporting someone when you have the attitude of “oh they touched my truck, that’s punishable by death” isn’t really a good attitude to have, mistakes happen, whether you like it or not, we are all human, we are not perfect by any means, I only report people if I can clearly see malicious intent, if it’s by accident, whether by lag, bad timing or just having not enough room to stop, then I don’t see why someone should be punished for it

Really? When was that? Because I can't even remember when was the last time I drove on that road... It must have been more than a year. And since you mentioned it, how many people did I hit during that drive? How many people hit my truck? My latency was quite bad, how about my speed? Or my driving? Was I overspeeding, driving on the grass, overtaking with oncoming traffic, invading the other lane? These 4 examples, I call reckless driving and those who usually do those things are never "punished by death", at most, with some days of ban. I don't do those things, so obviously everyone else can do the same thing, only they don't want to. And to me, that's malicious. They chose to drive in an unsafe way and ruined my (or other player's) journey. Their choice, never an obligation.

The only times I can remember rear-ending others (and that would be all of my "rammings") have been after being overtaken, by players who merged too soon and stopped dead for whatever reasons (were hit by oncoming traffic or simply braked hard) when I hadn't have time to slow down and leave enough distance. And I apologized immediately and knew that even then, I could be reported and banned. Another thing I consider before assuming "malicious or not". Players who go fast, hit your truck and keep going fast or disappear immediately (F7, disconnect, loading autosave or whatever), no apologies at all. Reckless and malicious. And there are lots... Players with that attitude "It's just a game" so they don't care. Forgetting, apparently, that it's also an online multiplayer game where other people are playing too and that those other people deserve to be respected.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

ÚLTIMAS NOTICIAS: no hay límite de velocidad en los servidores de Arcade y también son NCZ, ¿qué compañías han sido destruidas? Si bien fue agradable conducir a 93 mph, fue raro debido al tráfico e incluso si no hay ninguno, todavía tiene curvas. ¡He agotado al máximo los camiones y puedo decirles que realmente no van más allá de 100 mph a menos que vayas cuesta abajo! Al igual que con su automóvil promedio, no irá a más de 130 y eso si realmente está arruinando sus tuercas

Latest news ..... if you do not know which companies are being destroyed is that you are lost, and that in the arcade servers there is no speed limit and no collision is not fixing anything, on the contrary, everything has been destroyed.

The funny thing about all this, is that the  ̶a̶u̶t̶i̶s̶t̶s̶ of the "simulation" already had a server, EU1, but of course, they were totally and absolutely alone since on that server there were 4 cats playing, and now for the terrible decision of a large minority the vast majority are paying for the broken plates.

• Upvote 1

@gusmax1 Can you explain why are companies being destroyed? I can't see a (valid) reason for something like that. The autists of the Simulation played where most players could be found, exactly like now, the autists of "racing" play in the speed limited server when they have 2 servers without speed limits. And the decissions about TMP will always be made by a minority, they are called TMP staff and it's their mod and their servers, so it's for them to decide. Players can make decissions too, they can choose to play in the Simulation server, or play in the Arcade servers, or stop playing MP and go to SP, or play other games. Simple as that.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

1 hour ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@gusmax1 Can you explain why are companies being destroyed? I can't see a (valid) reason for something like that. The autists of the Simulation played where most players could be found, exactly like now, the autists of "racing" play in the speed limited server when they have 2 servers without speed limits. And the decissions about TMP will always be made by a minority, they are called TMP staff and it's their mod and their servers, so it's for them to decide. Players can make decissions too, they can choose to play in the Simulation server, or play in the Arcade servers, or stop playing MP and go to SP, or play other games. Simple as that.

The fact that they dont work hard is real. Now web reports takes more than 7 days. This wasnt like that before the bs rules update.

Like before nothing has changed. Trollers are still trollers drivers still crash. I just dont get the mentality of people who decided to take this step. I mean even if you set 60kmh limit, they still crash. So why ruin others?

Doesnt matter which city you are in in europe liege paris amsterdam rotterdam anywhere except c-d, people still suck at driving. By forcing half of the server to drive slow to avoid crashing  you are not going to stop other rest. Now thanks to 110kmh limit people spam horn, flash long range lights or even crash into you because you are going at 110kmh and not letting them go. I have seen many people crash cause the player behind him wants to pass him and then he crashes into the guy's trailer.

Now what this update gave us;

1-Some stupid rules that will not work out as it is not working out right now

2-web reports started taking a long time to get reviewed

Now this means staff is worse than before, players are the same. 

I wonder when tmp leaders will understand what they need to do properly? It is not so hard to use common sense...

I have checked previous tmp rules updates, what i see is tmp leaders cant think properly and just go straight. Set 5kmh max and then see if it will stop rammers? Haha. People who made up these bs rules are like trying to fill a bucket with water that has holes on it everywhere.

Well sadly not everyone can see the bigger picture...

People who want to have fun will play in arcade ok. People who want to drive ralistic with collision will play in simulation ok. People who want to ruin others will play in arcade? No.

Unfortunately this is not the road to simulation. It is the road to killing the community. At least once try to understand what community wants. As the votepoll which was put onto trash topics(didnt suprise) was clealry showing what people wanted. Remove speed limit of 110, make it 120 on narrow 2 lane roads, make it 150 on highways. We are playing a game, driving 110kmh is just cancer. It is like forcing players to drive slow in arma 3 map

3 minutes ago, TheDuckThatFloats said:

The fact that they dont work hard is real. Now web reports takes more than 7 days. This wasnt like that before the bs rules update.

Like before nothing has changed. Trollers are still trollers drivers still crash. I just dont get the mentality of people who decided to take this step. I mean even if you set 60kmh limit, they still crash. So why ruin others?

Doesnt matter which city you are in in europe liege paris amsterdam rotterdam anywhere except c-d, people still suck at driving. By forcing half of the server to drive slow to avoid crashing  you are not going to stop other rest. Now thanks to 110kmh limit people spam horn, flash long range lights or even crash into you because you are going at 110kmh and not letting them go. I have seen many people crash cause the player behind him wants to pass him and then he crashes into the guy's trailer.

Now what this update gave us;

1-Some stupid rules that will not work out as it is not working out right now

2-web reports started taking a long time to get reviewed

Now this means staff is worse than before, players are the same. 

I wonder when tmp leaders will understand what they need to do properly? It is not so hard to use common sense...

amen.

I don't even bother playing anymore. Last time I tried going c-d I had to F7 back to service for like 5 times because people crashed into me and made my truck flip over. Maybe my fault for using double trailers, which makes it even harder for people to overtake me, but they'll try anyway no matter if I go 109kph already.

2 minutes ago, CaIifornia said:

amen.

I don't even bother playing anymore. Last time I tried going c-d I had to F7 back to service for like 5 times because people crashed into me and made my truck flip over. Maybe my fault for using double trailers, which makes it even harder for people to overtake me, but they'll try anyway no matter if I go 109kph already.

It is not only c-d other cities also suffer. 

Well seems like TMP staff want us to play the game slow and cause traffic. K also dont care anymore. I will drive with my mates at 50kmh in a convoy with 60tons and not let anyone pass. Here is your simulation you want. You want realism? We can bring it to you easily. 

@TheDuckThatFloats And the reason you quoted that post of mine was...??? I don't see in your replay anything related to what I posted. About doing  convoys with your friends going deliberately slow and blocking others from overtaking, good luck with that... In-game reports may not work and web reports may work slowly, but you do that BS you speak about and you'll see.

6 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Really? When was that? Because I can't even remember when was the last time I drove on that road... It must have been more than a year. And since you mentioned it, how many people did I hit during that drive? How many people hit my truck? My latency was quite bad, how about my speed? Or my driving? Was I overspeeding, driving on the grass, overtaking with oncoming traffic, invading the other lane? These 4 examples, I call reckless driving and those who usually do those things are never "punished by death", at most, with some days of ban. I don't do those things, so obviously everyone else can do the same thing, only they don't want to. And to me, that's malicious. They chose to drive in an unsafe way and ruined my (or other player's) journey. Their choice, never an obligation.

The only times I can remember rear-ending others (and that would be all of my "rammings") have been after being overtaken, by players who merged too soon and stopped dead for whatever reasons (were hit by oncoming traffic or simply braked hard) when I hadn't have time to slow down and leave enough distance. And I apologized immediately and knew that even then, I could be reported and banned. Another thing I consider before assuming "malicious or not". Players who go fast, hit your truck and keep going fast or disappear immediately (F7, disconnect, loading autosave or whatever), no apologies at all. Reckless and malicious. And there are lots... Players with that attitude "It's just a game" so they don't care. Forgetting, apparently, that it's also an online multiplayer game where other people are playing too and that those other people deserve to be respected.

Well seeing as I only started playing TMP again in late March after 2 years away due to illness, that would put it way sooner and unless someone has the exact name you have, it’s most likely you, to answer your torrent of questions, you hit 1 person who was turning into the fuel station, both parties at fault, no one “hit your truck” seeing as I was the truck behind you and would rather put my vehicle in a ditch or guardrail than hit someone else, your speed was slow, I clocked you at a blistering 37MPH. 

The thing is, someone who is “speeding” in your mind is NOT recklessly driving, you can argue black is blue, but it’s just a game, if someone wants to do 70MPH everywhere, let them, If someone wants to do 37MPH everywhere, let them, to be fair, what you are calling “reckless driving” to me at least, doesn’t mean it at all, so what if someone’s driving on the grass, as long as they don’t fly out into traffic, it’s fair game, if someone passes with oncoming traffic, so what, sometimes with how traffic can pop in super close to you, it’s easy to go for an overtaking and be caught unawares, so what if someone is “invading” the other lane, perhaps they can’t afford a £1000 steering wheel setup and so have to use keyboard steering to drive. That’s the thing, there are more than one answer to every scenario, it’s just laziness to label someone doing and action as a “reckless” driver, but in reality there could be very simple explanations to the situation. 

Have you ever ever considered that a player “stopping dead” might simply be desync between yourself and them? On their screen they may have cleared you by miles, but on your screen they are 3 inches in front of you. Yes I agree that there are malicious people out there, but at the same time, there are shy people, who want to avoid verbal conflict so F7 to avoid conflict, there’s people who don’t want to have a verbal chat while potentially being banned for blocking, again there are more than 1 answer to said circumstance. 

At the the same time though, yes it’s a multiplayer, that means multiple people, multiple personalities, multiple ideas about right and wrong, so trying to tar everyone to the same brush and saying that oh, because someone didn’t do the exact same thing that I would do in that situation, they must be a trolling, malicious person, is like saying anyone who wants to play as if 30MPH in a 50MPH zone is a disgraceful, ungrateful and dangerous person. 

Its the age age old thing, those who want to play like it’s an RP 1:1 ratio world telling anyone who doesn’t want to do what they do, to go and play on SP, to people like that I say, stop being selfish, share the road with your fellow trucker whether they share your driving style or not, it’s only a multiplayer GAME after all.

• Upvote 1

tbh i don't see the point in removing the 150 speed limit since it doesn't change how the majority of players behave in-game. it's not like not being able to drive at 80 kmh in the city has made leaving duisburg easier, plus driving long distances on highways is more tedious now since you're stuck at 110 km/h. yeah, it's a simulator and technically trucks aren't even supposed to go over 90 km/h, but at the end of the day it's just a game. 

sometimes the change has made traffic on really busy roads worse since both truck (especially those with doubles, wtf?) & scout drivers try to overtake the person in front of them who is going 108-110 km/h.

then again i wasn't a fan of the 150 speed limit either.

Awesome: I've wanted this for years, mind you it has been painfully obvious that the playerbase is seperated into simulation and arcade players for many years so kinda slow clap on that one. The argument to do this has been going on since we wanted the global 56mph limiter off. Maybe the devs can actually listen more now?

1 hour ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Well seeing as I only started playing TMP again in late March after 2 years away due to illness, that would put it way sooner and unless someone has the exact name you have, it’s most likely you, to answer your torrent of questions, you hit 1 person who was turning into the fuel station, both parties at fault, no one “hit your truck” seeing as I was the truck behind you and would rather put my vehicle in a ditch or guardrail than hit someone else, your speed was slow, I clocked you at a blistering 37MPH.

Definitely, not me. This year, I haven't driven on that road, 100% sure. I'd say that I didn't drive on it during all 2018, but I'm not certain about that. And I've been completely away from TMP since April 5th until July 1st.

1 hour ago, megadethsteve666 said:

someone who is “speeding” in your mind is NOT recklessly driving, you can argue black is blue

Not argueing, black is black. Overspeeding is reckless, in the game and IRL, unless you are playing SP where there's no chance of hitting other players. Driving on the grass is usually due to a traffic jam that "needs to be" avoided (reckless, because traffic jams are supposed to be dealt with by waiting), overtaking with oncoming traffic is reckless, no matter what color or label you want to put in it. And invading the other way of the road (I meant this on single lane per way roads, sorry if I explained it badly) is reckless because someone can be coming as fast as the invading one and that's a sure "accident" scenario. Bad controlling methods are no excuse, I used to drive with a cheap controller and that's precisely when I "learnt" to drive by the speed limits or slower. It was the only way for me to keep my truck always where it had to be. "I drive with keys and mouse", that's fine, so drive slow enough to maintain your vehicle within its lane. Simple. All these situations are avoidable just by willing. But many players just don't bother, because "It's just a game", and then, "Unfair ban", "Admin abuse", etc. And I know lag and desync, I'd never report a player who hit me because of any of those, but when you see the brake lights of the truck ahead shining, that's not lag or desync. "Sorry" takes less than 3 seconds and lots of players use it, many of them continuously, so even "Sorry" does not save them from being reported. But it can help in most other situations.

Finally, yes multiple ideas, personalities, styles, ages, but only 1 set of rules which every player has agreed to follow before playing. So it's up to each idea, personality, style or age to follow the rules or not. They follow it, good, no problem, they don't, they should know that they can be reported and banned, so if they don't like MP rules, there's only one solution, like it or not... Single Player. To those people who only see TMP as another game where they can do as they want, I say: Stop being selfish, share the road with your fellow trucker whether they share your driving style or not, it’s a MULTIPLAYER game after all. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@TheDuckThatFloats And the reason you quoted that post of mine was...??? I don't see in your replay anything related to what I posted. About doing  convoys with your friends going deliberately slow and blocking others from overtaking, good luck with that... In-game reports may not work and web reports may work slowly, but you do that BS you speak about and you'll see.

Yea yea, going at 90kmh on country side small roads with a convoy. Goodluck with that. It is convoy for a reason. Also it is not blocking if you just go at a certain speed with heavy trailers on your back in a convoy.

You people wanted simulation, have your simulation then. Dont forget that most of the countries minimum speed limit for trucks are starting from 40km/h. If me and my 10 friends go at 60kmh on a convoy, noone can kick us or ban us because it is not against the rules. Min speed limit is 40-45, it is not our problem if those people cant overtake with 110km/h. As tmp states 25+ players counted as crowded. So there you go. Try if you can overtake. I just hope that this was the realism and simulation you have wanted. Want us to drive slow? We will drive slow.

4 hours ago, TheDuckThatFloats said:

I will drive with my mates at 50kmh in a convoy with 60tons and not let anyone pass

This is what you said: "and not let anyone pass". Now you change to a version where people can pass... And they'll try. You are saying that you'll do exactly what so many people (like you, probably) complained about when the limit was 150 or when there was no speed limit: Players who go slow and make it difficult to overtake. Congratulations, you showed yourself for what you really are.

Just for the record: I will never be bothered by what you describe, I find slower vehicles and I just slow down and drive behind them, WoT advantages, they give plenty of time to deliver. It's those who drive like you usually do (as fast as they can) who will be bothered. They are the ones who will try to overtake, who will probably cause "accidents", who will be reported and banned. So, thank you, you'll be doing me and many others a favor by getting those reckless drivers away from the servers :troll:

• Confused 1