Road to Simulation

To be honest the new changes for me is a bit Meh Because of reasons:

1. Two Arcade servers for A NCZ?

2. Need to Bring back the No cars Server Simulation (as that really helped things)

3, WHY in need of 2 Arcade Servers? (Sorry for the Complation) 

I would have more reasons to say, but I don't want to as this could be heartbreaking for you guys.

Hope you understand :)

Yoshi

Slowly I got used with it. There are many idiots left - even with 110 km/h.

Reports have been "raced" (what a pun...) to 75 now. How I can see for my own I write the same numbers of tickets as before. But the crashes are not so "BZchRkrrrrRRckRrkKKz!".

They are more "Bz.". Sometimes "BzZ."...

1 hour ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

Slowly I got used with it. There are many idiots left - even with 110 km/h.

Reports have been "raced" (what a pun...) to 75 now. How I can see for my own I write the same numbers of tickets as before. But the crashes are not so "BZchRkrrrrRRckRrkKKz!".

They are more "Bz.". Sometimes "BzZ."...

Yep same *censored* different settings, they now force past causing chaos at 68mph instead of 93mph! 

14 hours ago, dacia1310 said:

Se nós jogarmos rápido, isso não significa que todos nós somos responsáveis por arruinar suas "despesas", não somos os trolls de que todos vocês estão falando, você sempre tem alguém para culpar, mas você só pensa em um caminho, e é isso que me incomoda .. e não só eu.

Vocês estão ouvindo apenas um lado da comunidade do outro lado você acha que é uma piada.  

a velocidade não é o problema real, o problema real é o motorista que começa as crianças que jogam este jogo e assim por diante assim para ele se ele bate em você é apenas uma coisa divertida para fazer porque ele é apenas uma criança na maioria das vezes.

todos nós expressamos nossa opinião, mas não estamos escutando ... somos um dirigível no radar e é isso ... 

o tempo resolverá todos os problemas.

I even drive fast on a straight for example, but if I see someone on the GPS I slow down, on a curve too, accidents happen in real life, the more on a simulator, the speed is not guilty of anything, I agree with you , yesterday I was fast, I reduced to a driver to overtake me, he simply threw the truck against my load, I lost half the payment, but life that follows, that's not why I'm going to be angry, are drivers that are exesions in the game.

• Upvote 1

"It's just driving like it's in real life, it's all right." :)

19 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

You seem to agree that what "the majority of the community" wants is "To have fun and collide with other people". Which is exactly what "trolls and reckless drivers" want. Interesting...

The difference there is that the "majority" don't play this game to crash into other people all the time, but they enjoy an occasional crash to "spice" up their experience, which is pretty common because the physics in this game is pretty whack. I understand trolls and idiots are an issue but reducing the speed limit is not going to stop most trolls, just give them less of an experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • True Story 1

On 7/8/2019 at 2:45 AM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I also think that you are not getting that the problem was not the people who drove at 150 Km/h with full control of their vehicles, but the other 90% who drove at 150 Km/h with very poor skills (or respect towards others), swerving all over the roads, crashing when taking turns, ramming everyone in their way, etc.

And there are still 9 billion idiots who do the same thing but with 110km/h, didnt change anything other than the amount of damage you recieve, from 100 to 99

• Like 1

@AnonVodka It's not just that at 110 Km/h the bad driver will give less damage than at 150 Km/h. It's that now, bad drivers have it easier to keep control of their vehicles even at max speed. With the 150 Km/h limit, you could see lots of players who could not just keep their vehicles within one lane. Lower speeds limits can be a pain in the *** for the players who can (and only want to) handle high speed, but it's always a good thing for all those other players who are not so good at speeding (but insist on doing it). And as a consequence, a good thing to all those who were usually "victims" of the bad drivers.

Do you really not see this? Drive some long distance trips and you will. I'm almost in shock seeing how now I can finish 2000+ Km jobs with 0% damage, while before the changes, I wouldn't even try, unless the route was something like Catania - Riga, always on "DLC territory".

• Upvote 4
  • True Story 1

I see more accidents and crashes now than I did before. One factor is probably because these bad drivers can’t overtake fast enough going 110km/h. 

I’m not saying the 110km/h speedlimit is bad, I just wish these players were banned for much longer than just a few days. Ban them for a month, but allow them to play on Arcade servers. 

To make it short, ban players for longer but let them play on Arcade. 

• Like 2

SHeDTix.png

On 7/8/2019 at 7:11 PM, KhaosHammer said:

I don't think so, no.

Unfortunately for you, you're wrong as we have the same amount, if not more, truckers playing on the different servers.

M10Eygt.png

Source: https://stats.truckersmp.com/

"unfortunately for you"

assuming i give  a ****

i didnt say that this is the end of ets2mp, i said that this is the death of it, and it is

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@AnonVodka It's not just that at 110 Km/h the bad driver will give less damage than at 150 Km/h. It's that now, bad drivers have it easier to keep control of their vehicles even at max speed. With the 150 Km/h limit, you could see lots of players who could not just keep their vehicles within one lane. Lower speeds limits can be a pain in the *** for the players who can (and only want to) handle high speed, but it's always a good thing for all those other players who are not so good at speeding (but insist on doing it). And as a consequence, a good thing to all those who were usually "victims" of the bad drivers.

Do you really not see this? Drive some long distance trips and you will. I'm almost in shock seeing how now I can finish 2000+ Km jobs with 0% damage, while before the changes, I wouldn't even try, unless the route was something like Catania - Riga, always on "DLC territory".

no one forced them to drive 150 km/h, that was their own decision and if they fucked it up its their problem, not mine or yours. i just report them whenever someone has the need to overtake with max km/h in a 30km long traffic jam and causes a huge crash. thats why there is the report reason "reckless driving"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

but it's always a good thing for all those other players who are not so good at speeding (but insist on doing it).

so now we are saying that people who actually drive realistically and use it as a- dare I say- simulator are just "not good at speeding"? I drive at the speed limit because it's a simulator, not because I can't handle speed.

1 hour ago, AnonVodka said:

no one forced them to drive 150 km/h, that was their own decision and if they fucked it up its their problem, not mine or yours. i just report them whenever someone has the need to overtake with max km/h in a 30km long traffic jam and causes a huge crash. thats why there is the report reason "reckless driving"

True, same as no one is forcing them to drive 110 Km/h now, and they are doing exactly that, it's not only their problem, it's a problem for everyone around them.. Yes, report, but the damage is already done. I'd rather not need to report anyone.

29 minutes ago, CarCat said:

so now we are saying that people who actually drive realistically and use it as a- dare I say- simulator are just "not good at speeding"? I drive at the speed limit because it's a simulator, not because I can't handle speed.

Nope. You missunderstood. "Players who are not so good at speeding (but insist on doing it)" = Those who used to go 150 Km/h and who now go 110 Km/h, everywhere, and can't keep their vehicles straight, can't take a curve without invading the adjacent lanes, etc. At 110, their lack of control/skills has smaller consequences than at 150 or 180.

• True Story 1

3 hours ago, Nick812k said:

"unfortunately for you"

assuming i give  a ****

i didnt say that this is the end of ets2mp, i said that this is the death of it, and it is

Morituri te salutant.

(That's latin for "those who are to die are greeting you")

1 hour ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Those who used to go 150 Km/h and who now go 110 Km/h, everywhere, and can't keep their vehicles straight, can't take a curve without invading the adjacent lanes, etc. At 110, their lack of control/skills has smaller consequences than at 150 or 180.

There is even a joke in the community:

If you can't handle and drive safe with one trailer, try two or even more trailers.

But to be serious. Instead of debating this kind of stuff up and down the road, wouldn't it be better to come up with better solutions if you really dislike the newest changes?

Don't say the change is bad if you can't come up with something that would be better and more successful in

a. reducing the amount of reports, rammers and trolls

b. without overthrowing everything that is already in place

c. and that is a realistic approach

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

23 hours ago, Luk Marston said:

I even drive fast on a straight for example, but if I see someone on the GPS I slow down, on a curve too, accidents happen in real life, the more on a simulator, the speed is not guilty of anything, I agree with you , yesterday I was fast, I reduced to a driver to overtake me, he simply threw the truck against my load, I lost half the payment, but life that follows, that's not why I'm going to be angry, are drivers that are exesions in the game.

yeah i agree, speed is not the problem. I think the problem is the people that dont respect the others. I use to drive fast but i respect others, and in the case the accident is unevitable i always minimize the damages crashing into a barrier instead into an other player for example.

So the thing is that the people that dont respect others players or dont have the enough common sense to drive in a server with 4000 other players around just dont drive. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, sergi_59 said:

yeah i agree, speed is not the problem. I think the problem is the people that dont respect the others. I use to drive fast but i respect others, and in the case the accident is unevitable i always minimize the damages crashing into a barrier instead into an other player for example.

So the thing is that the people that dont respect others players or dont have the enough common sense to drive in a server with 4000 other players around just dont drive. 

No the problem is simple, they simply do not give a single F about other players! If they did they wouldn't carry on ramming through people after saying sorry for the 9999th time only to hit someone else & say lag instead

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, RayRay5 said:

But to be serious. Instead of debating this kind of stuff up and down the road, wouldn't it be better to come up with better solutions if you really dislike the newest changes?

Don't say the change is bad if you can't come up with something that would be better and more successful in

a. reducing the amount of reports, rammers and trolls

b. without overthrowing everything that is already in place

c. and that is a realistic approach

Was this really meant for me? Because, ahem...

Spoiler

07.10.2019-23.42.45

How could I dislike the changes? Or say that the change is bad? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Was this really meant for me? Because, ahem...

Hide contents

07.10.2019-23.42.45

How could I dislike the changes? Or say that the change is bad? 

i think he really wants to say that you speak too much about the changes made and so on but u`re thinking it just from your point of view as you mention in your hidden post over there ...

your ideas have been always in your win, but your thinking one side because the other side clearly is against all of these changes

the speed here is not the real problem, the real problem are the rekless drivers who doesn't know how to drive on road - road traffic rules : signs/stops everything and the kids don't know these rules  and of course they don't care.

if u want to do something right, you should think about others too. 

i read that post and i`m amased right now i understood why @RayRay5 gived to those comments and i liked what he said at b. without overthrowing everything that is already in place.

i think we all express our opinions on this topic too much, i think its time to the managers to decide what will they do after they read all of our opinion expressed regarding this change and at least they will consider to listen also to the other part of the community and not  to be one sided.

• Like 1

The problems are the crashes, right?

When nobody likes beeing crashed why do not deactivating collisions everywhere?

Your whish not get crashed will be come true.

Like weezy I couldn't find a valid reason for collisions. Even on simulation server.

@Hecki_Stafman 
I truly think that you should send that idea as a Suggestion. It seems that collisions are not going to be enabled in the arcade servers, so maybe the best way to end with all of this controversy is to disable collisions in the Simulation servers.

- Chance of being rammed, blocked, etc. disappears from all of the servers. Trolls and reckless drivers problems solved

- Speeding fans would have no further excuses ("we want to collide") to keep using Simulation servers, they'd go to the Arcade servers where they can drive as fast as they want. Speed limits problem solved.

- Simulation fans would keep driving the same, only without chance of having their vehicles/cargoes destroyed by others, the Simulation servers would be more relaxed without the trolls and the speeders. Huge amount of reports problem solved.

- Speed fans would have speed and no collisions, simulation fans would have speed limits and no collisions. No side would have "that thing" that the other wants. Alleged favoritism issues solved.

So, please, go for it!

• Upvote 3

This topic has even got to ridiculous for me to add my comments.

So I ain't gonna fight against this new update anymore, because tbh I've pretty much left tmp, in a week now I only go on it about 4/5 hours a week. 

As now my number one played game is minecraft java edition and I get so much fun out of playing that with my freinds.

This is the road tmp took, and they personally rewined the game for me so all I can say is good luck tmp with keeping your player count high.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 4