Road to Simulation

1 minuto atrás, KhaosHammer disse:

Eu não penso assim, não.

You are wrong, you are wrong, already the same quantity, is not more, de caminhoneiros playing in different servers.

M10Eygt.png

Fonte: https://stats.truckersmp.com/

Do people play more ETS2 because they prefer European roads or do not want to start a new game in ATS? Because the ATS has fewer players than the ETS2

"It's just driving like it's in real life, it's all right." :)

All i will say is Roll on Infinite Truckers, The only reason people use TMP is because their is no other option Yet. once the other comes along and  actually listens to what the community want, then your numbers will decline. And one last thing playing on a non collision server is boring, you cant even use it for convoys because people drive through you, TMP already had a non collision server that was always empty, and a sim server that was never at full capacity. why change it. I always play on the server with the most people Doesn't matter what it is called, i like to see random people, One last thing, The simulation server (EU2 Replacement), all you have done is renamed it and lowered the speed limit, the trolls will still go on it as it is the most full. Also the Community asked for speed limit to be removed and once again you don't listen and lower it lol, once again the community is ignored and insulted by you lowering it. 

Also just to add the other multiplayer isn't even released and they are already listing to their community suggestions and implementing them lol

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Luk Marston said:

Do people play more ETS2 because they prefer European roads or do not want to start a new game in ATS? Because the ATS has fewer players than the ETS2

ATS just has less players. If you look on steam charts there are less people playing ats overall not just multiplayer. Player count definitely went up with washington dlc though and multiplayer is semi-popular again keeping a consistent 600-700 peak players total and most people driving on the cliff road near bellingham.

2 hours ago, [RUS_LIN] ???????? said:

1 day:
On servers almost 1300 players.

I think it is better to leave 130-150 km / h

1300 players? What?

3 hours ago, Scottish Bloke said:

Also just to add the other multiplayer isn't even released and they are already listing to their community suggestions and implementing them lol

Does someone prevent you to join and enjoy ITMP? 

Okay, here's my take on all of this:

As someone who drives realistic, follows real-life traffic rules (I don't care if the game won't fine you for running stop signs, I am going to stop at stop signs... stuff like that), and drives as if I had a 65mph in ATS or 90kph in ETS2 limiter...

I am tired of getting my doors blown off by people with their huge Scanias with windshields full of thingies and technically illegal lights galore who are going 180 down the highway. If you are going to play multiplayer, you are doing so because you want to drive with other people. By driving with other people, you acknowledge that you are supposed to drive nicely around them because they are real people. In SP, you can make a family sedan go flying into the ocean and nobody will care except you. In MP, people are affected by what you do.

If you want to go extremely fast, apex corners, throw aggressive blocks, and drive like a maniac, go play a racing game like Forza. TruckersMP exists to make the game more realistic in the sense that you can communicate with other drivers, drivers are (in theory) more realistic than in-game AI, and many other things.

I'm just ranting here, but

TL;DR: if you want to drive faster than you would be able to in real life and cut people off, go to Arcade or don't bother with multiplayer.

• Like 6
  • HaulieLove 2
  • True Story 2

Kinda the same Opinion as @CarCat
I obey the speedlimit of the country im driving in and stop at every traffic light or stop sign even if there is no one near me.
I even lowered the physics settings to the lowest (its the most realistic setting according to a dev in the scs software forum)

But the whole community is full of kids and people who dont know the crew or Forza horizon exist where you can openly drive around with your friends.
Even People in those "virtual trucking companies" are a joke..
The people talk about how they want to make things more realistic and then they drive 100kph in huge convoys with a 8x4 Scania.. and when they want to drop off the load they either dont know how to back up a trailer or they simply skip it..
I simply dont get it why people like that dont buy Forza Horizon.. its a great game to cruise around even if its arcade.

I would wish there would be a invite only simulation server where you have to apply with a short application and have to show that you obey the traffic rules and that you drive smoothly..
Even if you would have to pay like 5€ for every month.. i would gladly pay that to have a server like that full of people who also like to obey traffic rules.

• Like 1
  • HaulieLove 1

Well I can safely say that Simulation 1 is literally EU2 with a limiter in place. I drove from Dortmund to Felixstowe via the Channel tunnel and literally saw more reckless driving, I.e, people not maintaining lanes, people tailgating, people overtaking at the worst possible time, you know, the same old thing we had in EU 2. Not to mention the trolls, saw one cause at least 3 wrecks by overtaking then ripping the wheel so that they rammed whoever they passed, then saw a guy blocking the road outside Amsterdam and causing at least 12 trucks to be stuck there with more being caught up in the trolling. 

So to anyone saying the new new rules have got rid of or will stop the bad driving, what server are you driving on? because it sure as hell is not Sim 1. On the plus side, at least content creators who make “idiots of the road” videos won’t run out of content any time soon that’s for sure!

One thing I don’t get is the argument of “if you want to speed and be reckless, go play on the arcade servers”, first off, having tried the arcade servers for literally 5 minutes, it’s the worst place to be, no collisions equals no realism, there’s literally no one around and when you do find someone, they’re usually upside down in a field nearby after rolling their vehicle. As we all know, EU4 was no Collide and it was the quietest server of them all, along with the EU1 server where most people there wanted the simulation experience. 

Its as as I said before, and driving in SIM 1 only solidified more point more, dropping the speeds and focusing purely on speed alone doesn’t change a thing about the dynamics of traffic and how people behave in traffic, this update feels like a government looking at a road that’s had its fair share of crashes and fatal accidents and saying, “ I know what will solve the issue, let’s stick a speed camera there with the same speed limit in place as before”, then wondering why there’s still accidents happening in the same places. 

Its seems to be that hat too many people think speed is the cause of the issues in TMP, when in reality it’s poor driving skills, impatience and just general people not caring about or not paying attention to the rules. While I’m behind making TMP have a more RolePlay scene where things are more true to real life, discounting any other play styles other than hardcore sim drivers. Isn’t a good perspective, give people the freedom to pick and choose what suits their play style, a multiplayer is made up of multiple people meaning multiple ways people will play, trying to force everyone to share the same play style that isn’t there’s isn’t fair, I mean, many sim players would complain if TMP had 0 rules on all servers and let people only do above 70MPH everywhere. 

I fully support anyone who agrees agrees that the new update is a bad deal for the community in general.

it has literally sucked most of the fun factors about TMP out and just left behind the horrible trolling, terrible drivers and the feeling of being helpless in situations where you’re being trolled and know the chances of them being banned is less then the chance of being struck by lightning.

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

The past 25 pages have just been people saying "if YoU WanT To DRivE FaSt gO oN tHE ARCaDe sERVer!!!11111" and i still don't understand how some people don't realize that people are not going to go to the arcade servers, because they're trash. No one wants to play without collisions, even if there isn't a speed limit. This update is not stopping trolls or reckless drivers. They want to have fun and collide with other people, that's why they play multiplayer. What you think was such a great update just makes them collide at a lower speed - which sure makes the people who enjoy complete simulation happy, but doesn't make anyone else happy. You aren't stopping trolls - you can't do that.

TL;DR - this update is pointless and it sucks and was not what the majority of people wanted

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Terry A said:

Having fun and colliding with other players at the other players' expense? So the reckless driver is allowed to enjoy the game by causing a wreck but the normal driver who had their load destroyed has no right to have fun?

That is what has happened, is happening, and will happen forever unless there is some sort of change. I don't like how trolls collide at other's expense, hence why i dislike the update and want a compromise so all demographics can enjoy themselves. 

8 hours ago, KhaosHammer said:

I don't think so, no.

Unfortunately for you, you're wrong as we have the same amount, if not more, truckers playing on the different servers.

M10Eygt.png

Source: https://stats.truckersmp.com/

For now everything is fine.

The question is if the stats will be fine, too, escpecially a few weeks after the release of IT.

And this is this is the reason I answered on weezys question for a valid reason for bringing collisions on one Arc-Server (and someone deleted my answer): Time.

Time does not lie. Time always tell the truth.

*edit* It is like a wildlife documentation: seeing a careless zebra (TMP) drinking at the river and than you see a closer coming crocodile (IT).

*dramatic music*

5 hours ago, Suchergebnis said:

Kinda the same Opinion as @CarCat
I obey the speedlimit of the country im driving in and stop at every traffic light or stop sign even if there is no one near me.
I even lowered the physics settings to the lowest (its the most realistic setting according to a dev in the scs software forum)

But the whole community is full of kids and people who dont know the crew or Forza horizon exist where you can openly drive around with your friends.
Even People in those "virtual trucking companies" are a joke..
The people talk about how they want to make things more realistic and then they drive 100kph in huge convoys with a 8x4 Scania.. and when they want to drop off the load they either dont know how to back up a trailer or they simply skip it..
I simply dont get it why people like that dont buy Forza Horizon.. its a great game to cruise around even if its arcade.

I would wish there would be a invite only simulation server where you have to apply with a short application and have to show that you obey the traffic rules and that you drive smoothly..
Even if you would have to pay like 5€ for every month.. i would gladly pay that to have a server like that full of people who also like to obey traffic rules.

It would indeed be fantastic for me to pay for it, for example, 1 or 2 friends. Preferably with Promods and AI.
I would certainly have a subscription for that.
Unfortunately I don't think this will be possible soon. Until then I hope to drive MP as realistic as possible.

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Luk Marston said:

I am a driver who drives ETS2 and ATS.
A large proportion of ETS2 drivers probably think that the ATS cards are a bit boring and long-winded. Furthermore, I personally think that the European trucks are nicer, more beautiful and more realistic. More happens in the same time in ETS2, with ATS you drive longer parts and this is a bit quieter.

I drive ATS to find peace. I love to tour for a while with vast landscapes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Scottish Bloke said:

All i will say is Roll on Infinite Truckers, The only reason people use TMP is because their is no other option Yet. once the other comes along and  actually listens to what the community want, then your numbers will decline. And one last thing playing on a non collision server is boring, you cant even use it for convoys because people drive through you, TMP already had a non collision server that was always empty, and a sim server that was never at full capacity. why change it. I always play on the server with the most people Doesn't matter what it is called, i like to see random people, One last thing, The simulation server (EU2 Replacement), all you have done is renamed it and lowered the speed limit, the trolls will still go on it as it is the most full. Also the Community asked for speed limit to be removed and once again you don't listen and lower it lol, once again the community is ignored and insulted by you lowering it. 

I think you are absolutely and completely wrong.
The competitor of TMP does not focus on the same drivers, at least until now. With the positive change of TMP, this will mean that fewer realistic drivers will switch en masse.
The trolls and Formula 1 drivers are not at all interesting to both in my eyes. But time will tell .....

Cheers,

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Terry A said:

Having fun and colliding with other players at the other players' expense? So the reckless driver is allowed to enjoy the game by causing a wreck but the normal driver who had their load destroyed has no right to have fun?

If we play fast that doesn't mean that all of us are responsible for ruing your "expense" we are not the trolls that you all are talking about, you always have someone to blame but you only think one way, and that is what bothers me .. and not just me .

You guys are listening just one side of the community the other side u just think its a joke.  

the speed its not the real problem, the real problem is the begining driver the kids that play this game and so on so for him if he hits u its just a fun thing to do because hes just a kid most of the times.

we all express our opinion, but we are not listen ... we're a blimp on the radar and thats it .. 

time will resolve all the problems.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Boomer8824 said:

The past 25 pages have just been people saying "if YoU WanT To DRivE FaSt gO oN tHE ARCaDe sERVer!!!11111"

Are you sure? What about the people saying "Remove speed limits from the simulation server" or "Enable collisions in the arcade servers"? I'd bet that they are like 50% of the replies

No one wants to play without collisions, even if there isn't a speed limit.

Clearly untrue:

Spoiler
07.09.2019-07.42.19

This update is not stopping trolls or reckless drivers. They want to have fun and collide with other people, that's why they play multiplayer.

It seems to me that the text in bold is exactly the same thing that so many people are asking for in this same topic...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Are you sure? What about the people saying "Remove speed limits from the simulation server" or "Enable collisions in the arcade servers"? I'd bet that they are like 50% of the replies

I was referring to what the simulation players like to say to people who disagree with the update

48 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Clearly untrue:

Reveal hidden contents

07.09.2019-07.42.19

"No one" referring to the majority of truckersmp players

51 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

It seems to me that the text in bold is exactly the same thing that so many people are asking for in this same topic...

Yes, because this update was against the majority of the community's opinion.

• Like 1

@Boomer8824

Next time try to be clearer about that. Because the way you said it... Simply not true.

Again, try to use "few" instead of "no one" if you don't want to sound as if you are faking things.

You seem to agree that what "the majority of the community" wants is "To have fun and collide with other people". Which is exactly what "trolls and reckless drivers" want. Interesting...

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Terry A said:

The thing is, with this update, there are just as many trolls and accidents happening as there was pre update. No one likes their cargo being destroyed by some idiot, but sadly there isn’t a much to be done unless the punishments are made stricter and there are IGAs every 500M in busy areas, but then all it takes is a trigger happy admin to start banning people for the littlest thing and ruin the game further.

All this update has proved is that reducing top speeds and doing away with the more popular server hasn’t changed a thing in terms of people’s driving behaviour and the number of trolls, in fact I would say that it feels as bad as TMP did back when Europoort would be blocked for hours by trolls, even then we had speed limiters and it made no difference then.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ClooneyClown said:

It would indeed be fantastic for me to pay for it, for example, 1 or 2 friends. Preferably with Promods and AI.
I would certainly have a subscription for that.
Unfortunately I don't think this will be possible soon. Until then I hope to drive MP as realistic as possible.

They were looking at put promods on one of their server if you go to there infinite truckers forum they do have a server called ProMods Server 1,Launcher links, guidelines, and bug reporting.

Will this change down the road nobody knows.  I would be willing to pay a yearly subscription if they end up implementing it

14 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

no collisions equals no realism

Also, going 150kph equals no realism. Yet here we are.

4 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

The thing is, with this update, there are just as many trolls and accidents happening as there was pre update. No one likes their cargo being destroyed by some idiot, but sadly there isn’t a much to be done unless the punishments are made stricter and there are IGAs every 500M in busy areas, but then all it takes is a trigger happy admin to start banning people for the littlest thing and ruin the game further.

I agree, but I do propose an idea:

Maybe TMP could add a rank of people like game admins, but only to an extent. Not allowed to ban, so no banning everyone, but then there could be a lot more scattered. They could be allowed to give out warnings and have some form of authority over normal players, and if they find anyone who they think (from a professional standpoint) should be banned, they could report it to Game Admins. Also allowed to control traffic, do some more of the traffic managing to take some of the load off of the admins so that they can focus on reports and such.

I don't know, this is a lose-lose situation.

Edited by en_field
Removed unnecessary quote.
  • Like 1