Road to Simulation

1 hour ago, Arradin said:

Player numbers online have INCREASED since this change.  

Nice try tho.

EDIT: I see you got a youtube channel where you post videos crashing into people going 150+ .   10/10, exactly the kind of people i dont want to meet ingame.

this happened in the past too and in time turned out that wasn't the best decision .

4 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Apparently, a some players are simply not capable of making a choice between two options.
Instead, they demand a third option (or change one of the two given options).

To me, this behavior seems selfish and spoiled and the opposite of the idea and spirit of this community.

Also, I think all substantial and important points and arguments have been discussed long enough by now.
This is why I will not participate in this discussion anymore from this point on.

Its actually not being selfish, its just asking for a middle-ground server as many many players do like the balance between some simulation and speed but there is now no server for that and people are forced onto a full Simulation 110km/h server or a full NCZ server which most don't like as it takes away all Simulation and takes away the feeling of actually driving with other players

Also to people against a server with collisions, don't think that everyone wanting it are players who want to ram and crash into others as most are not, it would attract those type of players too ya but many more good layer want a server like that, it might even improve the Simulation on the Simulation servers as more of the less style Simulation players will move or have the option between the 2

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • True Story 1

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

3 hours ago, Killua // Ireland ^_^ said:

Its actually not being selfish, its just asking for a middle-ground server as many many players do like the balance between some simulation and speed but there is now no server for that and people are forced onto a full Simulation 110km/h server or a full NCZ server which most don't like as it takes away all Simulation and takes away the feeling of actually driving with other players

Also to people against a server with collisions, don't think that everyone wanting it are players who want to ram and crash into others as most are not, it would attract those type of players too ya but many more good layer want a server like that, it might even improve the Simulation on the Simulation servers as more of the less style Simulation players will move or have the option between the 2

If they made one like TMP5 was i would think a lot would go on it. Its what i would do if it were up to me.....At the moment the sim server is fullof trolls causing pile ups ( the speed limit hasn't changed anything ). 

• Like 1

I have been playing the mod since 2015 and I stopped playing it with the last update and not gonna turn back to the mod till I find another one with reasonable restrictions or they revert the changes. I have always played on Europe #2, sometimes reached speeds up to 170 km/h but I have always been careful and tried to be considerate of others. I don't understand why there can't be a middle way but two extremes which are the simulation server and the joke arcade server. Why can not we have an EU#2 like the old days such as back in 2017 when there were no limitations and the server had more variety regarding speeds and people were having fun. What is the reason for both the simulation server and the free server not coexisting? It was up to the freewill to drive however you want; just like in real life. To me, that was more realistic than the limit we have now. And I highly doubt the speed limits will cut down the trolling or any other toxic behaviour. They are likely to increase considering most of the people who play the mod are casuals and these people will eventually get really bored. I think such a radical change was a mistake on Truckersmp's side. Why is this decision forced on casual players like myself who logged in for 1-2 hours every day and enjoyed driving around C-D freely?

Goodbye ETS2mp after 4 years and 600+ hours.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • True Story 1

I have to say i won't get into any argument regarding this post, but the lack of democracy on this platform makes me kind of sad, because i like the original idea. I respect everyone here but i think i need give my 50 cents

First, the people that cause trouble are not the ones on this forum speaking right now, but cheezy kids doing nonsense without regret. I liked the way it was before because if you had enough/ were tired you could just go to EU1 and chill while listening to the radio or if you wanted some action you could go to EU2 and challenge the D-C route. That's what 80% of the people did; 

Now, the problem with EU2 wasn't its speed limits; look: I drove my skoda, and pushed it to its limits, but i knew when to do so. I didn't do it all the time, like a **** but only to have fun on an empty road/autobahn. I'm gonna be honest but EU 2 seriously lacked moderation, because of the way it was done. Sitting in the same place for hours won't show you all, but only the upper part of the iceberg. If only there were active patrols or even traffic management, it would have made things go better imo. Speed limits weren't the problem, plus EU2 was intended to be a place for sharing the road both cars and trucks, something not available on any other server. Another problem? lack of personel, with IMO too few mods to monitor the map properly, because we all know mods aren't robots, and so from all the reports only a bunch actually go to an end. it just makes me cry to  see the same toxic people ramming into us again, even after reporting and doing what we can. and i'm not taliking about casual accidents, i'm talking about an actual will to drive reckless and cause damage all the time. 

If you set the limit to the same speed it won't resolve problems; most of the people that were on the new S1 and S2 servers weren't really simulating, just like on EU2. see it's not by making stronger rules that people change, it's by actually being stronger with the ones that break them, or at least the ones who disturb the gameplay of many people. Once you'll have understood that, we'll actually start going forward in a more positive way.

I think if we had some sort of level where you have to pass a TMP driving test of some sort/ some skill needed it could help target at least some of the trolls (a bit like driving licenses IRL) where you start with 6/12 points and if you get a certain number of warnings you drop to 0 and can't play. or maybe the ability to let people kick players if they feel it's needed, by voting.

Just saying ;-)

regards

I think the biggest problem here is the interpretation of what we want.

When we say we want to have collisions most people think that we wanne drive reckless and crash with 150 in other peoples.

We did not do this before and we do not have the intention to do this later.

If I can tell the story why I am here: I was first playing Farming Simulator 2019 where you can drive a truck. Then I want to drive on a "real autobahn" as a simulator and got "Euro Truck Simulator 2".

After a few hours of playing solo-mode I was lookig for "more action" because the AI bored me with the correct driving.

I saw the first "Idiots on the road" Videos on youtube by Darwen and Tony and thought: "WOAH! Nice! IDIOTS!".

So I registered here on TruckersMP with the intention not to drive like a reckless asshole. I respected the rules and try to not being dangerous for other drivers. Keeping distance, hold speed etc.

But I needed the action on the streets from all these idiots. Like going to cinema - you are not the actor or have any possibilities to change the plot of the story. You only look what happens on the cinema screen.

And that was exactly the same here. I was driving with respect to the rules and the idiots were my cinema screen - the action I was needed.

Now the action is gone and I still try (with the little exception of yesterday) to keep respect to the rules.

So it is like going to cinema and watching two hours on the cinema screen without any movie. Only sitting in the cinema seat correct. o_O

And how I said: When the routes were empty driving faster was an option.

Here I had made a long ride video (3700 km) 5 months ago and there you can see my safe driving:

You can see at 2:10 that I was going from 135 to 95 km/h as I saw that someone was coming in the front.

This is what I wanna have again: Driving fast when it is possible - driving slow when it is necessary (like on min 4:21)

I was never beeing dangerous for others  (with the little exception of yesterday I lost patience because of the changes ;) ) and I think most ones were driving like me.

I don't think that some one comes here and say: "I wanna have 150 km/h back because I want to crash in other players and troll them beeing an asshole.".

This guys who want to be an troll or driving reckless are still on the server.

It is very hard for me beeing punished for respect the rules. And it is even harder if you know that round about 90% of the current server changes were made because of the C-D-Route-traffic.

23 hours ago, weezy said:

Anyone able to tell me why one of the arcade servers should have collisions enabled? All I read is It's not fun to drive through people! It's boring! 

I haven't seen a valid reason yet.

weezy, please consider making one arcade server with collisions enabled and without speed limit.

The reasons are exactly as "Killua // Ireland" mentioned on previous page, I'm one of players who like semi-realism, I like to take real long routes like these over +2500 KM, often driving on empty highways, I'm usually driving after my full time job and with recent speed limits my eyes are closing on the road so im forced to play on arcade servers with ghost players, this is no fun, knowing i don't have to hit brakes when someone is in front of me because i can just drive thru him. For past few days I turned the game and simply closed it after a while.

What I'm trying to say is - i love speed and it's challenging to drive fast and yet drive safe, that's what keeps me awake.

These who like full realism already have 2 servers, these who like ghost players already have arcade servers, this is leaving players like me (and i believe i'm not alone) with pretty much nothing.

@Hecki_Stafman And I think that you don't see the consequences of what you are saying yourself. You started playing MP after seeing the "Idiots on the road" videos, because that was what you were looking for, funny crashes. Have you stopped to think that probably most of the victims of those funny crashes didn't like at all to be crashed into by those idiots? That they may be just trying to play the game normally and all of the sudden all goes to hell because of an idiot? This seems to be quite common: I don't care about the constant ramming, as long as it's others who are rammed. And that sounds selfish to me. I also think that you are not getting that the problem was not the people who drove at 150 Km/h with full control of their vehicles, but the other 90% who drove at 150 Km/h with very poor skills (or respect towards others), swerving all over the roads, crashing when taking turns, ramming everyone in their way, etc. And if the speeds are raised, they are raised for everyone, those who, like you, can handle them and those who can't. Something that called my attention: "When the routes were empty, driving faster was an option" And why can't you do this in the Arcade servers? I mean, empty routes are the same with collisions or without... There's no one else to collide with, it's just an empty road and in the arcade servers you can go as fast as your vehicle allows. Then you say "I was never being dangerous for others and I think most ones were driving like me", well, I think that you are wrong here, because if most of the other ones had been like you, the "Idiots on the road videos" would have been only a temporary anecdote. You could avoid ramming others even going fast, it's clear that lots of other players couldn't. And there would have been a lot less reports for reckless driving, for ramming (which seems to be one of the main reasons for this latest change). Yes, the guys who want to troll will keep doing their thing, the reckless drivers will still be reckless, but they will go slower. And you can't deny that when someone is doing 110 Km/h, it's easier to keep control, to stop in time in case of an emergency, to avoid obstacles, than when that someone is doing 150 Km/h or more. It's also easier for the other drivers on the road to avoid been crashed by a not-so-fast reckless driver by taking evasive maneuvers and even if they can't, they'll receive less damage. You think that you've been punished for respecting the rules. But unlike you, I think that the absolute majority (which, let's not forget, it's 51% or more of the whole population) of the players in EU#2 used to drive recklessly and breaking the rules. And IMO that's what caused the TMP team to change things. To some, it's been a good thing, to others, a punishment. You have been punished for other people's wrongdoings, not for playing by the rules.

The solution of enabling collisions in one of the arcade servers would work, maybe. But players using that server would want to have rules too, reports, moderators, etc. Everything would be the same as before, maybe even worse, reports from the Simulation server (because many reckless players would stay there because of the higher population) + reports from this Arcade server. Sorry, but I believe that this is not what the TMP team wants.

An arcade server with collisions but keeping the arcade rules would be IMO so unbearable to players who, like you, want speed but respecting the rules, that it would become almost empty pretty soon. It would only be likeable to trolls and those who don't care about being trolled because they find it funny. No one would be banned unless they use hacks or foul language... Trolls paradise.

What I don't see is why you find the non-collisions servers so bad. It's true that people can drive through others, but that doesn't mean that they have to. IMO, a mixed simulation can be achieved, players would only need to play the same as they did before, trying not to crash, avoiding others, slowing down when needed, as fast as they wanted when the roads are clear. With the added bonus that in case of a mistake, they won't damage others or be banned. And it would probably be even better, because the trolls would never go to that server, the people who don't have the skills to control their trucks wouldn't harm yours. Honestly, I don't get it. (But I'm one of the "simulation fans", never faster than 90 Km/h, following all TMP rules and almost all of the real traffic regulations, so I'm probably missing something).

Anyway, it's not for me or you to decide, we can only wait and see how things evolve and what changes (if any) the TMP staff decides to make in the future.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@Hecki_Stafman Have you stopped to think that probably most of the victims of those funny crashes didn't like at all to be crashed into by those idiots?

No. I kept thinking. And asking.

The whishes from #EU1-guys were ignored. They wanted cars on #EU1 and the admin said: "Cars will not be added to EU1". This answer was posted on March 14.

3 1/2 Months later everything changed. Cars were added to the simulation server, but in one point the admin was right: Cars were not be added on #EU1. Because #EU1 is now known as "Simulation 2".

I kept thinking that #Eu1 drivers were on #EU2 because of the cars, the higher population and the possibilty to drive faster.

I kept asking: What would have happened if the TMP-devs added cars to #EU1 and made it a bit bigger. Maybe 3000 slots? Would Players come back to #EU1 that everyone is happy? The "racing" #Eu2 guys on #EU2 and the simulation fans on #EU1?

You see: if you are going to stop thinking you will not get further questions and answers.

For now there are many questions left. And I can not see answers right now.

Or another question you can think about:

TMP let all servers like they are for 1 month. After one month TMP add a new server - the old #EU2 server.

What will happen?

What do you think?

There is no reason for the simulation fans to go to #EU2. For all others there is a reason: The old feeling.

The only reason for changing to #EU2 for the simulation fans is, that the simulation 1 server will be emptier. This in turn means that not so many simulation fans will be simulation fans.

For now we are forced to be simulation drivers and have to drive on Simulation 1-server. And this could change the argument in to "The simulation 1 is full. that means you like it." - No. That just means that we have no choice because the arcade server has no collisions.

22 minutes ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

The whishes from #EU1-guys were ignored. They wanted cars on #EU1 and the admin said: "Cars will not be added to EU1". This answer was posted on March 14.

3 1/2 Months later everything changed. Cars were added to the simulation server, but in one point the admin was right: Cars were not be added on #EU1. Because #EU1 is now known as "Simulation 2".

I kept thinking that #Eu1 drivers were on #EU2 because of the cars, the higher population and the possibilty to drive faster.

I kept asking: What would have happened if the TMP-devs added cars to #EU1 and made it a bit bigger. Maybe 3000 slots? Would Players come back to #EU1 that everyone is happy? The "racing" #Eu2 guys on #EU2 and the simulation fans on #EU1?

You see: if you are going to stop thinking you will not get further questions and answers.

So what is Simulation 1 if Simulation 2 is EU1( they both have the same settings ) You got 4 servers of which are actually running as 2 ( Sim 1 & 2 / Arcade 1 & 2 ) unless they plan to add some differences i.e traffic or special transport " examples " then they might as well save money & turn off two while adding more slots on the remaining servers. The whole dam thing is confusing as hell 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/7/2019 at 2:26 AM, weezy said:

Anyone able to tell me why one of the arcade servers should have collisions enabled? All I read is It's not fun to drive through people! It's boring! 

I haven't seen a valid reason yet.

I think I have found a reason:

donate.png

Let's make a win-win-situation:

What would it cost to bring collisions on arcade server? ;)

1 hour ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

I think I have found a reason:

donate.png

Let's make a win-win-situation:

What would it cost to bring collisions on arcade server? ;)

@Hecki_Stafman you don't get that i think they already made ther mind to let the servers like they are right now ..

in the past when they force our hand and did a major change like this (the speed limiter) they didn't listen to everyone just one side of the players with "simulation" the other part i think was uninterested for them.

even though u bring more and more explications and whatever reasons why this thing of ours is good and they still won't listen ... maybe we will have some luck this time as third attempt and they will listen to all community not just one side .

We will see what the managers will decide .

3 hours ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

Excuse me?... That's some guys (allegedly) from EU#1 asking for cars, not EU#1-guys. You seem to assume that because one person suggested that, everyone in EU#1 wanted cars and that's too much to assume. Same as it's too much to assume that because some of the EU#2 drivers were trolls, everyone in EU#2 were trolls, don't you agree? About why many simulation drivers (if you don't mind me changing the name) used to play  in EU#2, you are 66% right: the cars and the population, but not the speed. I've said it several times, I used to play in EU#2, because of the population. Not the cars, never drove one, not the speed, most of the time slower than 90 Km/h. IMO, a player who wants to drive a truck at 150 Km/h can't be considered a "simulation driver". That question has been answered, in a way. The DEVs could not make EU#1 bigger, same as they now can't make Arcade 1 bigger. I asked that myself: Why not make Arcade 1 with 4200 slots, same as Simulation 1, to have things balanced? The answer was: "We only have one server powerful enough to handle 4200 players at once, it can't be done". But I believe that if they could've done that, change EU#1 to 4200 slots, making it as big as EU#2, lots of players would have switched back, eventually. And who knows? Maybe that solution (if doable) would have been better than the current one. Maybe it would have made things worse. Instead of an almost dead server (old EU#1 with 2300 slots) and an almost always full one, they'd have 2x4200 slots servers, each one almost full of people, generating reports...

The question I asked was not to be taking literally... I don't know about others, but for me, it's simply impossible to stop thinking... I should've used "considered", I guess. But your answer worries me...Because you said No. Which can be seen as if you don't care if others are rammed because you find it funny. And that sounds selfish. Let's try again: have you considered that probably most of the victims of those funny crashes didn't like at all to be crashed by those idiots? I have, because I've been one of those victims, lots of times and I never liked it, I hated it when it happened. Some people may not care to be rammed and destroyed, but again, "some" is nothing like "everyone".

• Confused 1
  • True Story 1

21 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Excuse me?...

I excuse you.

22 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

That's some guys (allegedly) from EU#1 asking for cars, not EU#1-guys. You seem to assume that because one person suggested that, everyone in EU#1 wanted cars and that's too much to assume.

It doesn`t care what I assumed.

I linked to a statement of an admin from the car-suggestion on #EU1 where he said that there will not be cars on #EU1. Now we have cars on every simulation server.

If not everyone wanted to have cars on #EU1 then that is even worse, because now they have it.

36 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

The DEVs could not make EU#1 bigger, same as they now can't make Arcade 1 bigger.  I asked that myself: Why not make Arcade 1 with 4200 slots, same as Simulation 1, to have things balanced? The answer was: "We only have one server powerful enough to handle 4200 players at once, it can't be done".

Ok. Are this private servers of the devs or were they rent somewhere?

1 hour ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

The question I asked was not to be taking literally... I don't know about others, but for me, it's simply impossible to stop thinking... I should've used "considered", I guess. But your answer worries me...Because you said No. Which can be seen as if you don't care if others are rammed because you find it funny. And that sounds selfish. Let's try again: have you considered that probably most of the victims of those funny crashes didn't like at all to be crashed by those idiots? I have, because I've been one of those victims, lots of times and I never liked it, I hated it when it happened. Some people may not care to be rammed and destroyed, but again, "some" is nothing like "everyone".

Well, if it's any consolation: I am not always in ghost mode or indistructable. The idiots are crashing in me, too. Many times.

In Germany we would say: "Es ist eine Hassliebe." - google translate this with "It is a hate-love relationship.".

Means: I hate it  when stupids are crashing in me, but I login every day to see this stupids again and again. I loved it.

I am german. I love to hate. I think that would explain everything well.

@Hecki_Stafman Firstly, thank you! ;) 

Not everyone in EU#1 asking for cars to be allowed there doesn't mean that they didn't want cars or that they did want them. I don't mind if cars are allowed, as long as people drive them responsibly and caring about others. Even when I don't drive cars, I am mostly OK with them being in the Simulation server. Because the person that now crashes my truck with a car would crash it the same with a truck if there were no cars. It's not about the vehicle, it's about the driver. And TBH, it feels more like a simulation with cars on the roads. IMO, it's not worse than before, it's way better, let's not forget that cars in Sim1 are also limited in speed.

About the servers, I can't say because I don't know. But I don't think that there's really a difference between being private servers or rented ones, in the end, more powerful servers are more expensive, to get and to maintain (this is just a guess, I've never owned or maintained a server and my PC is average or even low-end). It's up to DEVs to buy or rent more powerful servers, and money being involved, I don't see fair to ask for them, we are playing MP for free, we can donate, but maybe the donations are not enough to fund this kind of hardware/internet connections  (more powerful servers capable of handling more players would need also more powerful internet links to handle all of the increased amount of data).

Honestly, it's no consolation... I don't like to be crashed and I don't like to see others being crashed. I can understand the whole love-hate thing, in Spain, we have a saying that would translate into "Each person has their own likings". I may not like something, but I understand that others will like it. In an MP online environment, I give my best to try and not do things that I may like when I know that others won't. I's all about compromise.

@FernandoCR [ESP]

I mean: for now TMP is going to create an excellent starting position for Infinite Truckers. Every frustrated player from here is one more player there. The more frustrated players the better is basis for the release of IT.

So, on the view of the Infinite Truckers-Team the TMP team is doing everything right.

2 hours ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

@FernandoCR [ESP]

I mean: for now TMP is going to create an excellent starting position for Infinite Truckers. Every frustrated player from here is one more player there. The more frustrated players the better is basis for the release of IT.

So, on the view of the Infinite Truckers-Team the TMP team is doing everything right.

I just checked on Infinite Truckers - wow, looks like truckersmp is not the only one, thanks for letting me know, it looks  like good alternative.

6 hours ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

Ok. Are this private servers of the devs or were they rent somewhere?

Servers are provided by OVH & host thousands in software & hardware to run, the server that was eu2 has software on that the others dont & has a higher clock speed ( in short it costs a *censored* lot ), The servers are located in Rubex, France in a datacentre called " The Cube "

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

@FernandoCR [ESP]

Just.. lol.

Yes im sure there will be a mass exodus from TMPs full servers to Infinite Truckers 2000 registrered players.

Jimmy 'Arradin ' Stigsjöö

TruckersMP

se.gif - gb.gif

Facebook - Twitch - Youtube - Steam

" One Minute in Heaven "