Road to Simulation

15 minutes ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

Was that when they added an extension to the europort ncz area as everyone was piling up & causing chaos? 

yea it was in that period when also the companies were with collisions and they put ncz everywhere because the trucks fly when they touch each other :) and the devs worked for ncz in company area ports etc. :) 

To be honest I'm not happy at all with this new update. We have already had a simulation server on EU#1 for those who really wanted simulation. If you are not able to make the servers back, at least you could add collisions to the arcade servers, but please do not leave it like this because now the ETS 2 MP is horrible af.

• Upvote 5

So..I've got a question with regards to this "update".  Can we still run red traffic lights if its safe to do so? Obviously, if other players are in the area, you can't run them. I know the rules state we can, but with the whole more "simulation" thing, i just want to double check. Plus, I've heard of players getting getting punished for driving threw red lights, and also for stopping at red lights. :blink:  And for the record, i play only on ATS-US server, which is a simulation server.

Source: §2 - Game only rules

Rules marked with an Asterisk (*) do not apply on Arcade servers with 'Arc' or 'Arcade' in their title. Traffic laws and road signage must be obeyed. This means European road laws and signage must be followed in ETS2 and American road laws and signage must be followed in ATS. Failure to adhere to the respective road laws and signage could result in a punishment. Traffic lights and stop signs can be ignored if no other users are in the immediate area. Also, overtaking can be done if no other users were put in any risk. Speeding, while allowed, is not recommended. Speeding can lead to accidents and therefore factor in a punishment decision.

1 hour ago, Rubberduck665 said:

So..I've got a question with regards to this "update".  Can we still run red traffic lights if its safe to do so? Obviously, if other players are in the area, you can't run them. I know the rules state we can, but with the whole more "simulation" thing, i just want to double check. Plus, I've heard of players getting getting punished for driving threw red lights, and also for stopping at red lights. :blink:  And for the record, i play only on ATS-US server, which is a simulation server.

Source: §2 - Game only rules

Rules marked with an Asterisk (*) do not apply on Arcade servers with 'Arc' or 'Arcade' in their title. Traffic laws and road signage must be obeyed. This means European road laws and signage must be followed in ETS2 and American road laws and signage must be followed in ATS. Failure to adhere to the respective road laws and signage could result in a punishment. Traffic lights and stop signs can be ignored if no other users are in the immediate area. Also, overtaking can be done if no other users were put in any risk. Speeding, while allowed, is not recommended. Speeding can lead to accidents and therefore factor in a punishment decision. 

Yes you can run red lights when its safe, if you cause a crash doing that then you can get banned but it states it there in the part of the rules you posted

Traffic lights and stop signs can be ignored if no other users are in the immediate area. Also, overtaking can be done if no other users were put in any risk. Speeding, while allowed, is not recommended. Speeding can lead to accidents and therefore factor in a punishment decision.

• Upvote 1

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

15 minutes ago, Killua // Ireland ^_^ said:

Yes you can run red lights when its safe, if you cause a crash doing that then you can get banned but it states it there in the part of the rules you posted

Traffic lights and stop signs can be ignored if no other users are in the immediate area. Also, overtaking can be done if no other users were put in any risk. Speeding, while allowed, is not recommended. Speeding can lead to accidents and therefore factor in a punishment decision.

Now you can remove this part with speeding...

16 minutes ago, Killua // Ireland ^_^ said:

ok, thats what i thought. I just wanted to double check since I think there is a lot of confusion about this at the moment...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, weezy said:

Anyone able to tell me why one of the arcade servers should have collisions enabled? All I read is It's not fun to drive through people! It's boring! 

I haven't seen a valid reason yet.

I have said it many times before,the people who overtake like idiots & cause crashes won't use the ncz server to race around because they can't hit anyone & thats exactly what they want to do " hit people ", its never accidental either *comes tearing up behind you like a raging bull* WeightyCheapDiscus-size_restricted.gif

Oh yea that was totally an accident.....admin logs in *opens report system* " ************ its gonna be a long night!!! " 

giphy.gif

• True Story 1

2 hours ago, weezy said:

Anyone able to tell me why one of the arcade servers should have collisions enabled? All I read is It's not fun to drive through people! It's boring! 

I have mentioned why before, there is a large amount of middle-ground players who like partly Simulation/realism but like to speed, yes there are people who love to drive recklessly and hit others but they are not the majority, there are many many others who want to have some parts of realistic play like traffic, the challenges of driving with other players and the consequences, avoiding collisions, having to stop when there is traffic and its too many to overtake, waiting for those safe moments when they can quickly get past someone then there are many players who do jobs just like Simulation players do but they like to go at faster speeds, especially on the quite and big motorways all around the map, some like to speed to fit in more jobs and that is why there needs to be a middle ground server, an arcade with collisions.

Most don't like NCZ servers as its takes everything away, you may aswell be in SP, its like your playing with phantom players with everyone just being able to drive through each other and is 100% unrealistic, yes speeding too as somewhat unrealistic but alot of players do like to have some realism but not be limited in speed

• Upvote 5

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

2 hours ago, weezy said:

I don't have a particular stance on this but how is that not a valid reason? Wanting collisions doesn't mean that you want to go around crashing into people, it means that you want the feeling that the other players are actually there sharing your physical space, and the thrill of having to avoid colliding with them, which I think is fundamental in a multiplayer environment.

• True Story 5

2 minutes ago, Killua // Ireland ^_^ said:

I have mentioned why before, there is a large amount of middle-ground players who like partly Simulation/realism but like to speed, yes there are people who love to drive recklessly and hit others but they are not the majority, there are many many others who want to have some parts of realistic play like traffic, the challenges of driving with other players and the consequences, avoiding collisions, having to stop when there is traffic and its too many to overtake, waiting for those safe moments when they can quickly get past someone then there are many players who do jobs just like Simulation players do but they like to go at faster speeds, especially on the quite and big motorways all around the map, some like to speed to fit in more jobs and that is why there needs to be a middle ground server, an arcade with collisions.

Most don't like NCZ servers as its takes everything away, you may aswell be in SP, its like your playing with phantom players with everyone just being able to drive through each other and is 100% unrealistic, yes speeding too as somewhat unrealistic but alot of players do like to have some realism but not be limited in speed

This is the other side of the argument in response to your comment weezy, i am one of the players killua is ref to.We like to go flat out where we can but also like the traffic as it brings the realism in.If it wasn't illegal to remove limiters irl i bet you many companies / independent drivers would do so,even if it is 10 - 15 mph extra as the gearing wont allow them to go any faster. Modern buses could probably do 80 but they would be absolutely screaming their nuts off 

I don't think that we will find a "valid reason" for collisions on one arcade server.

Every reason for collisions will amount to the situations on #EU2 - and this is what the devs want to avoid as is apparent from weezys question.

We will not get a new #EU2-Server and this is what Infinite Truckers plays in the cards.

A few days ago I heard about "Infinite Truckers" here in this thread and still thought that this project will fail because TruckersMP is too famous.

Then I saw that they are already have 2000+ registered players - still without a playable client.

So they have already a stable player base and more and more interested players, pushed by TMP. (me +1)

With this player base a good basis exists.

The most stupid thing you can do is do nothing.

I beg you: steal a march of InfT and give the players the damn collisions.

Yes, reports will increase and yes, you could reduce your work by reducing the limit of reports for each user, that he have to set the priority for his reports. It's not necessary to report every little crash.

I reported every little crash on #EU2 because it was possible for me with my 67 report possibilties. With only 10 reports I would have choose the dumbest ones and would still be happy with it.

This is just the same word as "Everyone, I don't understand why you are unhappy with EU1, you have EU4 to fulfill your need." and "I don't understand why you don't like EU4, it allows you to do everything you want."

If I take such attitude to this discussion, I'd say "Why you think removing EU2 & EU3 and forcing people to play on EU1 can reduce report? There is no valid reason as well."

Disappointing, really.

31 minutes ago, Neba said:

This is just the same word as "Everyone, I don't understand why you are unhappy with EU1, you have EU4 to fulfill your need." and "I don't understand why you don't like EU4, it allows you to do everything you want."

If I take such attitude to this discussion, I'd say "Why you think removing EU2 & EU3 and forcing people to play on EU1 can reduce report? There is no valid reason as well."

Disappointing, really.

@Neba 

why is disapointing?, and who said something about eu1 here we talked about the arcade server to enable the collisions, and we can't do what ever we want as u said, because we have the ncz and thats nothing.

16 minutes ago, dacia1310 said:

@Neba 

why is disapointing?, and who said something about eu1 here we talked about the arcade server to enable the collisions, and we can't do what ever we want as u said, because we have the ncz and thats nothing.

The setting for the "Simulation servers" is very closely identical to that for EU1, I think you can understand.  The line you referred was the expression from someone above, and not my words.

As you can see there are comments came up with "understand nothing" conclusion, from some influencing persons who disagree to the comments against this change.

I don't think I have any more idea to a solution in this topic given that the direction of development has been deadly locked to what TMP currently be.

Apparently, a some players are simply not capable of making a choice between two options.
Instead, they demand a third option (or change one of the two given options).

To me, this behavior seems selfish and spoiled and the opposite of the idea and spirit of this community.

Also, I think all substantial and important points and arguments have been discussed long enough by now.
This is why I will not participate in this discussion anymore from this point on.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, weezy said:

You will see valid reason on player numbers in few weeks

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, #Sikora said:

You will see valid reason on player numbers in few weeks

Player numbers online have INCREASED since this change.  

Nice try tho.

EDIT: I see you got a youtube channel where you post videos crashing into people going 150+ .   10/10, exactly the kind of people i dont want to meet ingame.

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

Jimmy 'Arradin ' Stigsjöö

TruckersMP

se.gif - gb.gif

Facebook - Twitch - Youtube - Steam

" One Minute in Heaven "

9 minutes ago, Arradin said:

Player numbers online have INCREASED since this change.  

Nice try tho.

EDIT: I see you got a youtube channel where you post videos crashing into people going 150+ .   10/10, exactly the kind of people i dont want to meet ingame.

The thing is I still can go into game and crash into you, so that speed limit only made game boring and fixed nothing

2 minutes ago, #Sikora said:

The thing is I still can go into game and crash into you, so that speed limit only made game boring and fixed nothing

This comment speaks for itself.

It fixed alot for non-trolls, TMP servers are more fun and more full of people than ever!

• Haha 1

Jimmy 'Arradin ' Stigsjöö

TruckersMP

se.gif - gb.gif

Facebook - Twitch - Youtube - Steam

" One Minute in Heaven "

I actually like the new changes and I have nothing against them. In my opinion the whole server became a little bit more peaceful and people seem to not fly out of the road as much as they did when 150 was allowed. There are of course still trolls, who keep driving although the traffic lights are red and there are still trolls who overtake although they can't see if someone's coming from the opposite direction, but I still could notice that there are less such trolls as there used to be - so, I like it ;) 

I'm saying that as a person, who only drivers on Simulation #1 with speeds of 80-90km/h :D

• HaulieLove 1