Road to Simulation

I think 3 Servers would be a good Idea:
Simulation (same rules as Sim 1 & 2)

Arcade (same as Arcade 1&2)

Arcade + (same as Sim 1& 2 but without the Speed limit, basically EU2)

I miss the old Chaos a bit. It made a lot of fun.

In sim 2 you are not able to overtake a Truck quickly, so you are crashing more easily. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dacia1310 said:

if you go there between calais and duisburg, u will find out that the speed is not the problem .. because they are rolling with 40.. km ... the problem is that there are others that want to go a little faster because they want to make a jam and drive slowly

I've been there (a long ago) and speed was always the problem. It's a narrow and curvy road, there are only a few places where overtaking would be safe and only if people on the road were less and not overspeeding. Someone is doing, say, 100 Km/h, finds a truck ahead doing 80 Km/h, logical thing to do would be slow down, wait behind the "slow" truck until it's completely safe to overtake. But 90% of the players on that road seem to ignore what "safe" means. Or, more probably, they don't care. So the incoming traffic or the innocent player who was driving correctly by the speed limits pay the price. Some think that this is fun. I don't, and I'd bet that the players who were driving just fine and were crashed by some speeding idiot don't either.

Arcade servers right now are not without rules, it's only that most of them don't apply (those about ramming, blocking, driving on the wrong way, racing, etc.). But people can still be kicked or banned for insulting, swearing, using hacks... What I was saying is that this should be kept exactly the same if one of the arcade servers is made collisions-enabled. I know that you wouldn't mind this, but lots of the players who want collisions enabled would. They want collisions but also lots of GMs to deal with their problems.

3 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

@Ru13z I would 100% disagree with you, when I first started playing we had way way less rules than we do now, trolls were literally more common than decent players and the chances of finishing a job with 0 damage and a perfect score was extremely low. The only reason the “behaviour degraded” as you say is because to get those who cause trouble banned or kicked, you had to literally make a war and peace website report that might see the person be banned a week after the incident, so people stopped bothering and so trolls got away with causing mayhem. Like I said before, in EU2 trolls were starting to spread away from the busier areas and so the only thing you had to deal with was poor drivers, hell, I’ve driven down C-D at 55MPH multiple times behind other people and STILL seen bad overtaking, lag crashes and poor driving, even with everyone doing under 60MPH average because of high volumes of traffic, so speed reductions have no affect on people’s quality of driving.

it just makes everything happen a little slower, yet you’ll still get bad overtakers, you’ll still get rammers, you’ll still get blocked roads caused by accidents, everyone just takes longer to get to their destinations, the core issues of EU2 still stand strong, it just looks like it’s in slow motion in comparison. It’s lije I said, speed didn’t really contribute that much to the problem, it only made the inevitable  happen quicker.

Plus, the thing is, there are polls on the forum that show the VAST majority of people hate the new rules, last I check it was over 70% who were against the new rules, so factually you are incorrect.

@Joao Rodrigues If you bothered to read my statements properly you would recognise that I stated that people do NOT like have no collision, hence why the arcade servers are super empty, even at peak times, that is why people begrudgingly play on Sim servers where there are collisions, stop trying to twist my words in inaccurate ways please. 

Exactly, have no Collide literally means that you can’t make mistakes that have consequences, I.e you can’t go 90MPH, not pay attention, cause a spectacular accident and consequently be banned for reckless driving, by saying that arcade servers are perfect for those who want to drive fast is wrong, the fact that having no Collide encourages MORE reckless driving in other servers having a snowball effect. If you can do 90MPH and phase through people, then obviously the bad drivers are going to go to Sim 1 or sim 2 and floor it everywhere and cause accidents thinking it’s no Collide like in arcade. 

The thing is, reducing the limit to 68MPH has the knock on effect that if you have a troll who is stopping traffic passing on motorways, for example, there’s no way to get passed them because everyone is limited to a specific speed. Same as trolls can troll more people for longer at a speed limit, fact, if you are doing the limiter, a troll can match your speed, meaning they can ram you, flip your truck time and time again and the only escape is to either alt F4 or F7 and take a different route, at least with unlimited speed you could back off, let a troll try and ram you, then floor it while they recover and thus build a gap between you and them. 

Again, please read statements before making claims sir.

because unlike some people, I’m not a selfish person, I’m mostly pointing out that if you read the polls and the statements made by fellow drivers, then there is a general agreement that the new rules suck, hence the WE, meaning general consensus that I know of. Yes you can still break the rules at 68MPH, but the risk factor is way lower and if you ever drove down C-D which I suspect you never, joy would know that it’s not necessarily speed that’s the issue, it’s more poor decision making, driving areas, lack of concentration or just plain trolling, that were the causes of most incidents.

I mean, I find it funny that off peak time, driving C-D at 70-75MPH was a piece of cake, and before you decide to jump on the band wagon of, oh you are driving reckless doing that speed everywhere there, there are things called brakes that reduce your speed for traffic, sharp turns and other such reasons that require the need to reduce speed, it’s actually a lot more fun to know your own driving limitations and to drive to them than it is to be pinned to specific speed for no reason, especially on roads where there is literally 0 traffic around.

again, I think you misread my statement completely as I never mention anything about EU2 being a anarchy server, please don’t try to put words in my mouth that I clearly did not say or try to tar me to the brush of many trolls and undesirables, if you want proof of what kind of driver I am, by all means check my punishment history, you’ll see no driving related incidents in the entire time that I’ve played TMP and I’ve had the same play style pretty much the entire time I’ve played TMP, if I want to play ultra realistic, I go to my SP profile with my realistic mods, FOV mods and my stricter fines mods and play.

TMP, for a lot of people, has always been used as a place to play casually, get away from the simulation, realism etc of SP and be able to just enjoy driving with friends respectfully but at our own pace. 

I completely agree with you, I think if the truckersmp team leaves everything as it is and will not pay attention to many disgruntled users, when truckersmp has a competitor in the example "Infinite Truckers", many players will go exactly there.. As a result, truckersmp with its "Rules" will not be interesting to anyone.

23 minutes ago, Dallas said:

I completely agree with you, I think if the truckersmp team leaves everything as it is and will not pay attention to many disgruntled users, when truckersmp has a competitor in the example "Infinite Truckers", many players will go exactly there.. As a result, truckersmp with its "Rules" will not be interesting to anyone.

I really hope that Infinite Truckers MP mod comes alive. With a bit of luck, all of the "idiots on the road", hackers, trolls, ban-evaders, etc.  from TMP will go there. TMP would become even better than it is right now.

• True Story 3

And Again People didn´t understand the Difference!

ETS2 is developed by SCS, and SCS gave the Player the Option to play this Game like he want!

TruckersMP is a Game Modifikation and the TruckersMP Developers giving the Path, where their Modifikation go. By the Way, Someone said he is YT Content Creator and afraid that he were not able to record "funny" stuff for his Channel. Well, here is an Example that "funny" stuff  still happen, even with speedlimiter:

https://streamable.com/oxzb3

13 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I really hope that Infinite Truckers MP mod comes alive. With a bit of luck, all of the "idiots on the road", hackers, trolls, ban-evaders, etc.  from TMP will go there. TMP would become even better than it is right now.

Yes, tmp will get better, with an online max of 100-200 users on the server... :D

13 minutes ago, Seanster said:

Went on Simulation 1 today, it's basically EU2 with a lower speed, same amount of trolls, same amount of reckless drivers.

This new server system is pointless.

You must have gone into what I call the hellhole (C-D area). The rest of the map, from what I've seen so far, is nothing like EU#2 used to be. Reckless drivers can only do 110 Km/h so they have better control over their vehicles and trolls... I've yet to find one.

Well this was a big mistake... I understand what you are trying to do, but as someone who has been here from the start this is NOT how you do it. We have all said it many times. 

"Collisions will be inactive so the server will be fully non-collision and you will be able to drive through other players without causing a collision."

No, this is not how you remove trolls, by making the arcade server small only 2,000 players , and no collision, all the trolls will stick to the larger sim server... also a speed limit , of 110 on the sim server?? With collision on!? Its still the same trolls, but its SO MUCH worse now that you are stuck at a slower speed. 

Just make an anarchy server , where people can have fun, do whatever , as long as they are not hurting other players, and then make a sim server for players who like to go slow and spend all day playing with wheels and so on. This is a great fix, and will not divide the playerbase so much.

Sadly I will not play this anymore until correct fixes are made. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

You must have gone into what I call the hellhole (C-D area). The rest of the map, from what I've seen so far, is nothing like EU#2 used to be. Reckless drivers can only do 110 Km/h so they have better control over their vehicles and trolls... I've yet to find one.

That's exactly like EU2, C-D is hell, very rarely see trolls anywhere else.

No matter what server it is, it's always gonna be the same.

27 minutes ago, Seanster said:

Went on Simulation 1 today, it's basically EU2 with a lower speed, same amount of trolls, same amount of reckless drivers.

This new server system is pointless.

What did you expect? That all Player now driving like professional Truck Drivers?  The Rules and Game Restrictions changed, the People are still the Same! To see a Effect it takes Time and as far that i can say, there are less crashes and more "controlled" Trucks on the Road and not in the Sky, or beside the roads on the back and beggin for a belly rubb! ;)

The D-C Area is as "normal" and there happen enough Things that can be used for Compilations, but there is also more serious traffic on the whole map!

4 minutes ago, Baerenhaart said:

What did you expect? That all Player now driving like professional Truck Drivers?  The Rules and Game Restrictions changed, the People are still the Same! To see a Effect it takes Time and as far that i can say, there are less crashes and more "controlled" Trucks on the Road and not in the Sky, or beside the roads on the back and beggin for a belly rubb! ;)

The D-C Area is as "normal" and there happen enough Things that can be used for Compilations, but there is also more serious traffic on the whole map!

Everyone won't drive like professional truck drivers because that's not what everyone wants to do, some people will drive like its a game (because that's what ETS2 is).

There will be no effect because people won't change just because the name of the server has changed.

There's always been serious drivers away from C-D road, no matter what server.

I have like 1027 hours on Euro truck simulator 2, wanna know why its my most played game(or was). It was the funny crashes and the idiots they made the game actually fun. And with the 1.35 update omg I couldn't stop laughing the amount of people that would go flying.

And that's what made the game fun, now its basically just nothing but boaring playing alone. Yes I can get a bit of enjoyment with driving about with my freinds but no where near as much fun as I had driving fast alone.

I cant see why they just cant make a arcade server collision, and before anyone can say that's not not what tmp is about now, it would still be an arcade server as you wouldn't drive seriously on it like it was a simulation server.

If some sort of change doesn't happen,

me and many others will leave tmp for infinite truckers or HGVMP when they are released as we want a game that's fun not boring.

Tmp will soon  realise that if they dont make changes that many of there players will leave and the servers mostly the arcade servers will be empty.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1