Road to Simulation

1 hour ago, Baerenhaart said:

There was the Question: Why serious Players leaved EU1 and played on EU2?

Someday in the Past, TMP changed the Server Hoster and the Connection to EU2 was much better than to EU1, while Streaming ( Ping 80- 120 +lags on EU1 and Ping 27- 40 on EU2 without lags)!

Some Player changed to EU2, because they won´t play on an "Empty" Server. To be honest, EU2 was "Empty" like EU1, if you were on the road. On EU2, 1k - 1,5k Players were in an Area around the D-C Road and parking in the Citys to showing their tiny save edtited trucks! 500 - 800 Players were on the roads in that Area and 50 - 100 players main motivation was to causing trouble to the player who passing/driving there. Maybe 50 - 100 Players main motivation was recording and reporting the trouble makers. 1500 Players wasn´t able to leave the Mainmap of ETS2, because they´ve had no DLC´s or their main accounts with all DLC´s are banned! ;)

So, as regular player, the DLC Areas were Empty like Server 1.

But on EU1, even with Just 500 - 800 Players, there were more "traffic" on the whole Map, because the most Players there driving and do not parking all the time! Instead of complaining about the Speed Restricitons, give it a try and explore the Map. There are so many Roads and Locations with much love for details by the Creators, don´t waste this with driving 24/7 inside a small part of the map, only.

And as Sidenote, Truck Driving in Reality is one of the hardest Jobs! You need to be concentrated all the Time, you need to know your Truck and maneuver it through the smallest gaps. You need patience, nervs of steel and must learn to thinking 10 cars ahead and 15 back, around your environment! There is no room for Mistakes. It is up to you, as Driver, that the People around you being safe! 

And it´s truly no fun if you having a accident with your truck.

Well spoken, good motivation too, totally agree.

spacer.png

I don't really know why truckersmp is patronizing it's users. Why have no collision on an arcade server, did the community want that? NO!

I don't get why the truckersmp team is taking the fun out of the game for many players. It still is a truck simulator - you should be able to crash into other people like in real life! 

I really would like to see REAL SIMULATION where accidents happen and you have to wait for the police to get to you in order to continue driving - like a role play. But what if you crash into truckersmp? You'll get banned - very realistic!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The last time that the TruckersMP team had to face such a huge wave of complaints was when the they decided to reduce the maximum allowed speed from 180kph to 150kph. It was the direct consequence of the massive amount of accidents caused by players driving at excessive speed.
With this new change the TruckersMP team listened to their community and successfully accommodated its needs.
You can now drive as fast as you want without any restrictions or the fear of being punished.

So tell me why do so many of you still complain...?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

The last time that the TruckersMP team had to face such a huge wave of complaints was when the they decided to reduce the maximum allowed speed from 180kph to 150kph. It was the direct consequence of the massive amount of accidents caused by players driving at excessive speed.
With this new change the TruckersMP team listened to their community and successfully accommodated its needs.
You can now drive as fast as you want without any restrictions or the fear of being punished.

So tell me why do so many of you still complain...?

on almost empty servers with no need to ever brake except for sharp corners? seems pointless. you also can do that in singleplayer where you have traffic. And driving 110 on entire empty highways seems also pointless to me. Sure its supposed to be a realistic simulator but the roads aren't empty in reality either. 

• True Story 1

I always read "You can drive on arcarde server as fast as you want. Go there if you wanna drive as fast as possible!".

Exact the same we could say to all others: "Hey, if you are angry about the crashing trolls and other idiots crashing in you go to arcarde server. there you have no problems with idiots and trolls!"

We all are on a server with enabled collisions for the same reason: We want collisions for our feeling of realism. We want to see idiots crashing each other. We want to see other stupid driving skills.

If not we could go to arcarde servers.

I can understand all of the mods for changing the servers max. to 110 kmh / 68 mph.

This can reduce the number of trolls and the admins would not have a hard job anymore.

Though I think it would be a shame as ETS MP is my favorite game at the moment. I really enjoyed playing on these servers.

And I'm loosing the fun in this game right now to be honest.

And now for all people that say "ETS is a simulation". Nobody forces you to play on EU2. You are free to play in the SinglePlayer or on EU3.

But in fact more players are for driving faster in MP. If you do not want this I recomment you to play in the SinglePlayer.

For everyone that agrees me, please check out this petition and sign if you are for the old speedlimit again :)

Regards, 

LetFresh

Spoiler

#MakeMultiplayerGreatAgain

• Thanks 2

Just now, Joao Rodrigues said:

So you want to drive fast to ... break? I agree that this seems pointless. :lol:

No, it's supposed to be a driving simulator and not a going forward/accelerating simulator

The thing that made me enjoy tmp is being in traffic and also watching out for other players, but when the road is empty I wanna reach my destination as fast as possible and not "wasting" hours of real time on sitting on empty motorways going 110 without anything happening. And driving through other players without any kind of interaction whatsoever just ruins the immersion of the whole game but so does going 110 on empty roads for ages. 110kph ingame doesn't nearly feel as 100kph in reality, it feels more like 50kph

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, buksee [HUN] said:

@HuskyLusky   If out of the average 8000 online users only 3000 would stay, but all of them would be responsible players on the same server, playing a trucking simulator as they should be, that would be so much more enjoyable than the 8000 users that have 1500 trolls in it. So yeah, thank you, I would pretty much enjoy that! 

For all the time spent in the game, I have never seen such people, but i only crashed into fences, without disturbing anyone

13 minutes ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

I always read "You can drive on arcarde server as fast as you want. Go there if you wanna drive as fast as possible!".

Exact the same we could say to all others: "Hey, if you are angry about the crashing trolls and other idiots crashing in you go to arcarde server. there you have no problems with idiots and trolls!"

We all are on a server with enabled collisions for the same reason: We want collisions for our feeling of realism. We want to see idiots crashing each other. We want to see other stupid driving skills.

If not we could go to arcarde servers.

Exactly,

I mean c'mon guys. MP would be boring without all of these idiots ramming and driving like morons.

Don't you all like watching Darwen, Toast, Tony or whoever? It is a simulation indeed. But the Multiplayer became more like a "Driving just for fun".

If you really want to behave like a real trucker does, go into the SP or somewhere else 

But in fact the majority of all players here is for removing this new update.

• Upvote 3

The fact the people think this will solve the trolling issue is laughable, troll have and always will go onto the busiest server, it doesn't matter what the speed limit is.

What's the point of having 2 NC arcade servers?

Do you really expect trolls to voluntarily go onto a server where they can't cause trouble?

• True Story 2

@LetFresh But the staff is clearly against removing it, or they wouldn't have implemented it in the first place... And it's because of that "majority of players" who decided that TMP was a playground for all kind of stupidities, not because of the ones who played by the rules.

5 minutes ago, Seanster said:

Do you really expect trolls to voluntarily go onto a server where they can't cause trouble?

Obviously not. But if they stay in one server, it will be a lot easier to get them reported and banned eventually, don't you think? With collisions in all servers, like so many people are asking for, trolls would have 4 places to mess around, right now they are probably always in Simulation 1. And BTW, after almost 8000 Km in this server, I haven't yet found one single troll or reckless driver (I reckon that it's more difficult to be reckless at 110 than at 150, but still). The point of having arcade servers is not just making them non-collisions, it's more about removing speed limits, which so many people were also asking for. But if EU#2, with speed limits, was game moderators' nightmare, 2 arcade servers without speed limits and collisions would make that nightmare double.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Seanster said:

What's the point of having 2 NC arcade servers?

I think the overall purpose of this update is to achieve long-run improvement of quality of the multiplayer.
If you believe that of two non-collision arcade servers is one too much, you are entitled to make a suggestion to close one of them.;)

1 minute ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

With collisions in all servers, like so many people are asking for,

i only seen people asking for Collisions on 1 Arcade server, not them all.

2 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I haven't yet found one single troll or reckless driver

i could spend an entire day on EU2 and not see 1 troll, it depends on where you are.

4 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

The point of having arcade servers is not just making them non-collisions, it's more about removing speed limits, which so many people were also asking for

2 arcade servers are pointless, i highly doubt 1 will get full, never mind 2. i've not seen anyone asking for complete removal of the speed limits, 150kph was fine.

11 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

after almost 8000 Km in this server, I haven't yet found one single troll or reckless driver

8000 km in C-D road and 8000 km outside C-D road are two different stories regardless of the old EU2 or the current Simulation 1 from what I see :troll:

I could only agree less reckless or trolling drivers outside CD road but I, as a casual driver, could not stand the strict simulation because of the boredom of driving slow on the "everyone 110kmh motorway"...  I quit after a 5 min motorway drive.  haha

This whole move was to cater the the needs and wants of the hardcore sim players, which is fine i agree with it.

But the main problem is that with this move they are neglecting the rest of us who want a casual gameplay (150kmp with collisions).

if TMP doesn't listen to the community then what's the point of having a community?

• True Story 3

3 hours ago, Captain Crumb said:

Is it really such a stretch for the mind to comprehend that some people would like the freedom of 'arcade', with some of the challenge from having to avoid collisions and behave responsibly? That some people would like to think that they are capable of being in control of their own decisions and how much risk they can take without hard limits being imposed upon them? That Euro 2 seemed to cater exactly for these types of people, and that it was why that server was so popular? Is it hard to grasp that players can exist outside this apparent binary state of 'sim' or 'troll'?

No, thats not why the server was so popular.  Do you know why? Because its STILL so popular, even after the changes.

I dont have anything against making one of the arcade servers collition ( with no rule enforcement ) but without speedlimit. I can guarantee you that that server wouldnt be popular, but why not try it? 

However, people that complain about Euro 2 being more realistic when they have another server to go to?

The absolute majority of the players WANT realism, that is an FACT.

Maybe some people want to go 170+ with collision  and then load a save when they crash into people doing WoT contracts...  But those players ruin the game for others, and that is why this is such a fantastic change.

Jimmy 'Arradin ' Stigsjöö

TruckersMP

se.gif - gb.gif

Facebook - Twitch - Youtube - Steam

" One Minute in Heaven "

13 minutes ago, Arradin said:

The absolute majority of the players WANT realism, that is an FACT

Saying it's a fact doesn't actually make it true, most the people i know like going faster then the speed limit

What the fact actually is, is that ETS2 is a game, and everyone has different play styles,

it's like saying everyone who has GTA wants to go around and kill people even though there is racing communities, Roleplay Communities, LSPDFR etc.

it's ridiculous to think everyone has the same play style as you.

• Thanks 1
  • True Story 2

1 minute ago, Seanster said:

Saying it's a fact doesn't actually make it true, most the people i know like going faster then the speed limit

What the fact actually is, is that ETS2 is a game, and everyone has different play styles,

it's like saying everyone who has GTA wants to go around and kill people even though there is racing communities, Roleplay Communities, LSPDFR etc.

it's ridiculous to think everyone has the same play style as you.

I hate to break it to you, but you will not be able to put words in my mouth.   I said a majority, i didnt say everyone. Majority is 51% or more, that is not equal to "everyone".

You are absolutely correct that there are many different game styles, and that is WHY WE HAVE DIFFERENT SERVERS. Stop arguing about a change when there are servers catering to your playstyle.

Stating its a fact doesnt make it a fact - Correct.  But its not my word, its the truth. Go look at server stats right now, which one has most players?   What is the total amount of players on realism servers vs free speed servers?    Ohhh, Okey, how strange?!

• Like 1

TruckersMP

se.gif - gb.gif

" One Minute in Heaven "

1 minute ago, Arradin said:

I hate to break it to you, but you will not be able to put words in my mouth.   I said a majority, i didnt say everyone. Majority is 51% or more, that is not equal to "everyone".

You are absolutely correct that there are many different game styles, and that is WHY WE HAVE DIFFERENT SERVERS. Stop arguing about a change when there are servers catering to your playstyle.

Stating its a fact doesnt make it a fact - Correct.  But its not my word, its the truth. Go look at server stats right now, which one has most players?   What is the total amount of players on realism servers vs free speed servers?    Ohhh, Okey, how strange?!

Assume this is a valid reference

There is no majority to a particular style of play.

Troll is Troll and Trolls doing Troll-Stuff where ever it is possible! It doesn´t matter how Fast they can drive. By the Way, i know some Trolls, who permanently banned here at TMP,  who doing the same Things in Elite Dangerous ( Ganking/Griefing/killing harmless Players and so on), as Example. So, Trolls are Trolls, but thats not the Point.

The Point is, TruckersMP was at the Beginning a Game Modifaktion for playing ETS2, as it means, in Multiplayer, with your Friends!

The Rules, the Banning System raised with the growing "Community" and the behaviour of some Players. No One expecting that every Player is a well trained Truck Driver with best social Skills teached by his Parents! 

For One who is new to TruckersMP, but experienced with multiplayer games, is the situation maybe "normal" if he reading in Chat: " You fucking asshole, learn to drive or i fuck your mother harder than you ever be able too" but for the Player who staying with TMP longer than 4 Years, it´s not normal!

The Problem is not the missing Collision on the Arcade Server, or the Speedlimiter on the "sim" Server. The Problems are the People itself and their differences!

We now having day 3 since the changing, you can complain, you can write a feedback ticket or you be patient, waiting a little time and see what happen the next Days/Weeks and starting then a constructive conversation and discuss what is good, whats going wrong and what can be better.

Sometimes, changes can be better than you thought and no changings means you gave up. No System is perfect and not all are happy with the current system. But the only solution would be a compromise and this is the reason why we needs collect the datas first.

5 minutes ago, Neba said:

Assume this is a valid reference

There is no majority to a particular style of play.

What? Actually, yes. YES it is.

A part from Question 1, the others are multiple answer questions, meaning you can not draw any conclutions about them.

But question 1 clearly states that 76% of all who voted agree with these changes , i have no idea how you cant claim that there is no majority, lol?

( Answer #3 , changing one arcade to collision doesnt take away the core fact that whoever voted that, including me, agree with the general changes done )

• Upvote 1

TruckersMP

se.gif - gb.gif

" One Minute in Heaven "

2 minutes ago, Arradin said:

Your words:

7 minutes ago, Seanster said:

The absolute majority....

Which means "a majority over all rivals combined; more than half." Not putting words in your mouth, just reading what you wrote.

7 minutes ago, Arradin said:

i like going faster then 110kmp but like collisions to have a some realism also its fun to avoid crashes. Please tell which server is for my play style since you said there is a sever for my play style.

9 minutes ago, Arradin said:

Stating its a fact doesnt make it a fact - Correct.  But its not my word, its the truth. Go look at server stats right now, which one has most players?   What is the total amount of players on realism servers vs free speed servers?    Ohhh, Okey, how strange

people are going on Sim1 because the arcade servers are a joke. Did you look at the stats when EU1 and EU2 were still here? EU1 (basically Sim 1 but without cars) barely got 1000, EU2 was nearly always full. How strange...

• Haha 1