Road to Simulation

4 minutes ago, TheDuckThatFloats said:

so lets say all these unnecessary rules are to prevent trolls and help staff, if you want to deal with that many reports, why not make ingame report system like if a player gets reported 10 times he will be at the top of the list? this way so many reports would be collected at the same time. this was recommended many years ago by the way. do feedback system really work now? :D

How are simulation rules "unnecessary"? I hope the rules are gonna stay like this. This IS a simulation game if you want to race then play Forza.

• True Story 1

I have not read everything, so I apologize if I repeat the subject ... 

I do not see a problem when it comes to TruckersMP's attempt to create a simulation model, but I think that players should be able to choose the server and the rules they want to drive. After the last changes we can choose only two types of rules on the servers (Simulation and Arcade), where there were four before and now it is difficult to find a compromise: /
and from here the question arises: Can not you create servers, everyone on other rules ??
In my opinion it would ideally be if there was an Arcade server on the principles of EU3, only with a maximum speed of 130km / h :) you ?? :)

spacer.png

Like i said on side 9! The most "Complainers" forget 2 Things:

1. Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a Single Player GAME, which allows you to do whatever you want, while you playing it. With any Mods which are available!

2. TMP is a GAME MODIFIKATION, that giving you the possibility to play ETS 2 in Multiplayer, for FREE, but it having Rules and some Restrictions! 

To precising, that means, all the Rules, Modding Restrictions and some other stuff are needed to keep a fluid Gameplay with the best Performance for all, which is possible, even for Players that having a Potato PC and barely can run ETS2 in Single Player. The Rules are also the result of the Behavior of the Players. TMP changing the Rules and giving you the Pinky Finger, not long ago and Some cropping out the full Arm and starting to chewing the Chest!

Imagine, this Gamemod is played by People from all over the World, mostly as it means without any form of violence and the People having fun! And that is Awesome, unfortunately the most don´t thinking about that!

For all who wanna play TMP with their Friends without taking care for each other or risking to get banned due to rule violations, you can doing this on the Arcade Servers, as long you obeying the small bunch of rules there.

If you wanna Drive with your Friends with collision on, you can do it, but need to take more care for your environment. And believe me, you can do enough Damage, even with 110 kp/h!

But be aware, a lot of Players having a recordings in the background and the knowledge to use them! ;)

TMP is the Host, the Player is the Guest. TMP giving the Rules and the Gameplay, the Guest have to obey it! If he can´t or won´t, the Guest have to face the Consequences or leave the Servers!

You having always the Option to make a Suggestion here in the Forum, if you having an Idea that improves the Gameplay for all!

You want complaining about new changes, use the feedback system!

You want more GM ingame, wait till the recruitement is open and try to be One!

You playing TMP only to causing Trouble, be aware, it won´t need long and some GM take care of you!

You causing accidently Trouble ingame, i tell you one of the Secrets that also works in Real Life! Say "Sorry, it was my fault, are you ok?" and mean it so!  ;)

TMP is a Game, not Real Life, but you playing with real People so Real Life Rules are also needed and valid in this Game! Some need to learn the Rules, some forget the Rules and some giving a **** of Rules, like in Real Life! ;)

1 hour ago, akuponcture said:

How are simulation rules "unnecessary"? I hope the rules are gonna stay like this. This IS a simulation game if you want to race then play Forza.

i just love the way kind of you players blame anyone who go against a decision and say if you want to race play nfs play forza etc. Are you getting triggered?

Isn't it an idea to have some "points" system?

As an example:
Having a collision on purpose gives you 10 points, with a maximum of 100 points. Every hour you play it decreases 1 point (because sometimes you can't avoid a collision)

If you reach those 100 points, you only have acces to an arcade server so you still can play and have an opportunity to decrease your points..

Don't know if something like that is possible? Again: It's just an idea :P

2 minutes ago, CTuned said:

Isn't it an idea to have some "points" system?

As an example:
Having a collision on purpose gives you 10 points, with a maximum of 100 points. Every hour you play it decreases 1 point (because sometimes you can't avoid a collision)

If you reach those 100 points, you only have acces to an arcade server so you still can play and have an opportunity to decrease your points..

Don't know if something like that is possible? Again: It's just an idea :P

It is easy to farm points. Even if you idle afk, people can use any script to not get kicked

I'm not sure how qualified I am to have an opinion on this, given that my playtime includes 2 hours on my friend's computer at the weekend and a handful of runs after I went home and bought it myself. Indeed, we had a wee run together last night just to give the mp a bash and it was great fun.

Since I haven't experienced much pre-rifting gameplay I'm not sure that I will feel the impact of a lower speed limit, so it's somewhat moot as far as I'm concerned whether it goes up or down or to the sides or whatever. What I would say is that how on earth can anybody argue that restriction of choice is a good thing, an improvement?

It sounds like the facility for sim-heavy gaming was already there in the form of euro 1, so why the need to restrict the relative freedom of euro 2? Why are the sim players coming out in a triumphalist blaze of glory over a problem to which the solution was already present?

It sounds to me, if I may make such a vulgar comparison, that it's like a cod player wanting to play search and destroy, the s+d server is already there, but instead joins the team death match server and complains that nobody is planting the bomb. So shut down the team death match server and force everyone to play s+d.

7 minutes ago, Captain Crumb said:

I'm not sure how qualified I am to have an opinion on this, given that my playtime includes 2 hours on my friend's computer at the weekend and a handful of runs after I went home and bought it myself. Indeed, we had a wee run together last night just to give the mp a bash and it was great fun.

Since I haven't experienced much pre-rifting gameplay I'm not sure that I will feel the impact of a lower speed limit, so it's somewhat moot as far as I'm concerned whether it goes up or down or to the sides or whatever. What I would say is that how on earth can anybody argue that restriction of choice is a good thing, an improvement?

It sounds like the facility for sim-heavy gaming was already there in the form of euro 1, so why the need to restrict the relative freedom of euro 2? Why are the sim players coming out in a triumphalist blaze of glory over a problem to which the solution was already present?

It sounds to me, if I may make such a vulgar comparison, that it's like a cod player wanting to play search and destroy, the s+d server is already there, but instead joins the team death match server and complains that nobody is planting the bomb. So shut down the team death match server and force everyone to play s+d.

Right, except its the complete opposit. 

People Who want to troll and go 170 can play arcade. Why go to a simulation server if you dont want to play realisticly?

Jimmy 'Arradin ' Stigsjöö

TruckersMP

se.gif - gb.gif

Facebook - Twitch - Youtube - Steam

" One Minute in Heaven "

27 minutes ago, TheDuckThatFloats said:

i just love the way kind of you players blame anyone who go against a decision and say if you want to race play nfs play forza etc. Are you getting triggered?

I'm not triggered, i just want to play an online Simulation game without getting struck by every single player because they can't control their truck.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

25 minutes ago, TheDuckThatFloats said:

To be honest, you are the one Whos angry and triggered. 

These changes are good because it makes it more realistic, and the majority here is looking for realism. 

• Upvote 3
  • True Story 1

Jimmy 'Arradin ' Stigsjöö

TruckersMP

se.gif - gb.gif

Facebook - Twitch - Youtube - Steam

" One Minute in Heaven "

28 minutes ago, Arradin said:

To be honest, you are the one Whos angry and triggered. 

These changes are good because it makes it more realistic, and the majority here is looking for realism. 

At least they could make 2 different servers in arcade, it's no use to have 2 servers with only 200 people max. Make one with and one without collision, so they can choose to hit others if they want, now those who want to hit surely will go to the simulation server.

And i also support the changes though

Edited by CTuned
Added something

There was the Question: Why serious Players leaved EU1 and played on EU2?

Someday in the Past, TMP changed the Server Hoster and the Connection to EU2 was much better than to EU1, while Streaming ( Ping 80- 120 +lags on EU1 and Ping 27- 40 on EU2 without lags)!

Some Player changed to EU2, because they won´t play on an "Empty" Server. To be honest, EU2 was "Empty" like EU1, if you were on the road. On EU2, 1k - 1,5k Players were in an Area around the D-C Road and parking in the Citys to showing their tiny save edtited trucks! 500 - 800 Players were on the roads in that Area and 50 - 100 players main motivation was to causing trouble to the player who passing/driving there. Maybe 50 - 100 Players main motivation was recording and reporting the trouble makers. 1500 Players wasn´t able to leave the Mainmap of ETS2, because they´ve had no DLC´s or their main accounts with all DLC´s are banned! ;)

So, as regular player, the DLC Areas were Empty like Server 1.

But on EU1, even with Just 500 - 800 Players, there were more "traffic" on the whole Map, because the most Players there driving and do not parking all the time! Instead of complaining about the Speed Restricitons, give it a try and explore the Map. There are so many Roads and Locations with much love for details by the Creators, don´t waste this with driving 24/7 inside a small part of the map, only.

And as Sidenote, Truck Driving in Reality is one of the hardest Jobs! You need to be concentrated all the Time, you need to know your Truck and maneuver it through the smallest gaps. You need patience, nervs of steel and must learn to thinking 10 cars ahead and 15 back, around your environment! There is no room for Mistakes. It is up to you, as Driver, that the People around you being safe! 

And it´s truly no fun if you having a accident with your truck.

47 minutes ago, Arradin said:

Right, except its the complete opposit. 

People Who want to troll and go 170 can play arcade. Why go to a simulation server if you dont want to play realisticly?

Is it really such a stretch for the mind to comprehend that some people would like the freedom of 'arcade', with some of the challenge from having to avoid collisions and behave responsibly? That some people would like to think that they are capable of being in control of their own decisions and how much risk they can take without hard limits being imposed upon them? That Euro 2 seemed to cater exactly for these types of people, and that it was why that server was so popular? Is it hard to grasp that players can exist outside this apparent binary state of 'sim' or 'troll'?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Captain Crumb said:

Is it really such a stretch for the mind to comprehend that some people would like the freedom of 'arcade', with some of the challenge from having to avoid collisions and behave responsibly? That some people would like to think that they are capable of being in control of their own decisions and how much risk they can take without hard limits being imposed upon them? That Euro 2 seemed to cater exactly for these types of people, and that it was why that server was so popular? Is it hard to grasp that players can exist outside this apparent binary state of 'sim' or 'troll'?

And that was the problem with EU2... There were people who played the game how it should be played, and there were other players who just wanted to go fast on a busy server. And they were going fast only because they had the option. In the end, the people who only played on EU2 for the speed and traffic started overtaking, cutting people off and causing accidents, thus making themselves banned.

And the only thing I don't understand is: If someone wants to get themselves banned and not being able to play in MP, why would they even launch the MP client? Like whats the point of that? Why would someone buy the game in the first place? The answer is: To troll others and make their day worse that it was before.

So this update was a big step towards something amazing and big! Keep up the good work TMP! You are about to be something incredible! Thank you for everything so far, and can't wait to see the "final" product!

2 minutes ago, buksee [HUN] said:

And that was the problem with EU2... There were people who played the game how it should be played, and there were other players who just wanted to go fast on a busy server. And they were going fast only because they had the option. In the end, the people who only played on EU2 for the speed and traffic started overtaking, cutting people off and causing accidents, thus making themselves banned.

And the only thing I don't understand is: If someone wants to get themselves banned and not being able to play in MP, why would they even launch the MP client? Like whats the point of that? Why would someone buy the game in the first place? The answer is: To troll others and make their day worse that it was before.

So this update was a big step towards something amazing and big! Keep up the good work TMP! You are about to be something incredible! Thank you for everything so far, and can't wait to see the "final" product! 

The final product with a small amount of online, enjoy :3

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, buksee [HUN] said:

To everyone who thinks, that the sim servers souldn't be restricted to 60-110 km/h:

You are completely right! It should be 50-90 km/h with only AI cars and player driven trucks, like a trucking simulator should be, but that game-mode is long ways away sadly...

Completely understandable opinion, totally agree with you.
On the positive side, TMP is making great and good efforts for me to bring back Simulation.
For us Simulation drivers it may feel like slow but I really think that this new policy is a very good big step.

I am very happy with it, who knows what is coming soon about improvements in TMP,

Cheers, Happy Trucking ..

spacer.png

@Ru13z the thing is, ask yourself this, how many reports daily are either false, have no evidence or are made by people who don’t understand the rules and regulations and so report for something legal? Then look at the number of reports acted upon daily and the type of punishments handed out for said incidents. 

You can can still do 70, 80 MPH and still follow all traffic laws, slow down for turns, avoid accidents and still follow all rules stated for TMP. 

A multiplayer should always be about compromising for the majority and keeping those people who enjoy the experience and return day after day happy, that’s game industry 101. I would agree with 100% simulation, so much as break a rule and you’re banned for a week, kind of attitude if the game was a full simulation, but it’s clearly not, just because it says simulator on the box doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a true to reality simulation, otherwise the map scale would be 1:1 and it would take 12 hours to drive 700miles real time. 

Like me I said before, it doesn’t matter if you play an FPS game, a racing game or a multiplayer simulator, you’ll always have trolls and by taking away many avenues to avoid said trolls and hackers, the likelihood of being trolled goes up.

Rules are only as good as those who enforce them and the punishments that are attached to said rules, if an admin watches an intersection and sees someone blow through yield signs and ram someone yet doesn’t ban them, that’s a failing on their part, you can have a billion rules, down to the microscopic level, but if they aren’t toughly enforced, then what is the point? 

Like me I said before, I would not be surprise if the level of reports and trolling increases with the new rules because a troll is a troll whether your limit their speed or not, I mean, from my experience, the most common time to be trolled is when everyone is moving slow anyway, so making everyone go slow just gives trolls more of an incentive to cause chaos, especially if you can’t out accelerate the. Because of the limiter meaning they can keep ramming you over and over and you can do nothing to avoid it.

3 hours ago, xXBlazieXx said:

They created a MOD that SCS couldn't do solo. They provide a service for us, for free. Tbh, they honestly don't need to listen on what we have to say? Just be happy they did this long before retracting. 

The thing is, TMP relies on its community, it relies on the backing of the people who play and enjoy the game, so not listening to that key part of their mod will end up biting them in the future, especially if they want the communities support on something. 

Thers a fine line between making a mod for just or just a few friends to enjoy where you don’t have to worry about opinions and making a mod that serves thousands of people daily. It’s pretty simple, keep your community happy, that keeps your project rolling, ignore your community and do thing without consulting anyone and the community will fall apart. As I said before, it’s a balancing act that every game developer from AAA to indie deals with in every project, most end up keeping up with what the majority want and ignore the minority, others try to cater for both, it’s just part of the world of gaming and gaming development which TMP essentially falls into the category of. 

Yes its free, yes it’s just a mod, but it’s also a community driven project.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, buksee [HUN] said:

And they were going fast only because they had the option. In the end, the people who only played on EU2 for the speed and traffic started overtaking, cutting people off and causing accidents, thus making themselves banned.

Forgive me, I understand you are angry and frustrated at the trolls spoiling your gaming, but that sounds like a bit of a generalisation. I think the majority of truckers probably did behave themselves reasonably well, but a rather conspicuous minority decide to cause mayhem.

Anyway, I digress. Like I said, I have no problem with the new speed limit. If it does have a reducing effect on the amount of grief that more serious players encounter then why the hell not. The main tragedy for me is that the choice of this, that or the next thing is now shrunken to simply this or that.