Road to Simulation

55 minutes ago, xXBlazieXx said:

Or they could keep one arcade server a collision and one as full non collision as EU4 used to be..

@ClooneyClown I thought of that too :P. Not a bad idea tbh.. 

5 hours ago, Ru13z said:

Arcade 1 or Arcade 2. You have two to pick.
Unless your "NO FUN ALLOWED" translates into crashing players at 150km/H. That is not in fact allowed from now on, and in that case, might be a good idea to "have fun" in a Derby genre game.

Fun for me was travelling at fast speeds and enjoying myself. The arcade servers are just boring. @Ru13z   

I’m fine with the update because there’s no reason to go above 110 kilometers anyway. I like simulation and think that the update could help the situation on EU2/SIM1. Would be nice to have at least one arcade server on ATS to ward off trolls further but I digress.

I’m NOT fine with the TMP team just springing this on us with no opportunity for community input. Sounds a lot like certain game companies and developers (ahem, EA) who push their own prerogatives instead of listening to what their community wants. It’s a slippery slope that the TMP team has chosen to go down.

I don't think some people support this rule. Some people think that there is not a server before the speed limit is slow. If you can choose why you want to go to the second service, you are completely going to a service. I think that the speed limit behavior is not a simulation. The speed is not a server problem, but a problem for the driver. Personally think that you can let the player choose a server, I request an arcade server unlimited speed, there is a collision, I don't hit other players, my good friend overturned the car, we can rescue. 110 speed is too slow, of course, my personal opinion will not be adopted, my friends around me have the same opinion on this update rule.

19 hours ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

The reason we are where we are today with the chaos is because for all these years we've done what the community wanted. We need to regain the seriousness this mod once had by making decisions players may disagree with. Think back to 2014/15 when the mod was so serious people were scared to cross lines accidentally. We're not saying we want completely serious like that again however, we need this to be a simulation community not Need For Speed.

I just want to point thie out to the people still complaining about there being no community vote. 

1 minute ago, xXBlazieXx said:

I just want to point thie out to the people still complaining about there being no community vote. 

Again I’d say it’s a slippery slope to not listen to the community. I’m not saying there should have been a vote but there should have been a way to input suggestions before the feature was implemented. The TMP team is great but it’s naive to think that they can operate completely independently from the community they serve. Iron sharpens iron and I think it’s a bad precedent to set that the community has no say in what happens around here. I think it worked out okay here because I do enjoy most of this new system. But I hope it doesn’t backfire on the future.

Just now, MtnDewCodeBlue said:

Again I’d say it’s a slippery slope to not listen to the community. I’m not saying there should have been a vote but there should have been a way to input suggestions before the feature was implemented. The TMP team is great but it’s naive to think that they can operate completely independently from the community they serve. Iron sharpens iron and I think it’s a bad precedent to set that the community has no say in what happens around here. I think it worked out okay here because I do enjoy most of this new system. But I hope it doesn’t backfire on the future.

Yes I agree. However as they said. The Mod got this way with voting. Sometimes you need to dive down a slippery slope to get back on the straight and narrow. 

Just now, MtnDewCodeBlue said:

I just hope the team gets back to the straight and narrow at all. The TMP team without the help of the community is nothing.

They created a MOD that SCS couldn't do solo. They provide a service for us, for free. Tbh, they honestly don't need to listen on what we have to say? Just be happy they did this long before retracting. 

1 minute ago, xXBlazieXx said:

They created a MOD that SCS couldn't do solo. They provide a service for us, for free. Tbh, they honestly don't need to listen on what we have to say? Just be happy they did this long before retracting. 

Depends on what they want to build here. If they want to build a service, they don’t need to listen to us. If they want to build up a thriving multiplayer community, one of the best in all of gaming, I think they absolutely need to listen to the people. Unfortunately that decision doesn’t rest with us, that lies with the team.

So yeah everyone is mad because they can't ruin the game anymore, i got hit by few trucks who had the tag "Remove Speed Limiter", gotta get Shadow Play on today :^)

EDIT:

Also, i like the fact that Arcade is no collisions, trolls will get bored of trolling and play normal (or just leave, which is better)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, akuponcture said:

So yeah everyone is mad because they can't ruin the game anymore, i got hit by few trucks who had the tag "Remove Speed Limiter", gotta get Shadow Play on today :^)

Set it to HD and sit back. Love shadow play for this reason. 

23 minutes ago, MtnDewCodeBlue said:

I just hope the team gets back to the straight and narrow at all. The TMP team without the help of the community is nothing.

We're only trying to get back where we used to be before all the trolls and 5000+ reports daily.

I'm in support of this update because I know what's it's going to bring back. If you watch videos of when the mod started back in 2014 with ETS2MP there were no constant rammers and trolls people played it seriously and was a hella lot of fun. We just want that to be the case again today. Have faith in these changes and great things will come.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Current Advisor of

TruckersMP.com

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

Just now, Nameless Ghoul said:

We're only trying to get back where we used to be before all the trolls and 5000+ reports daily.

I'm in support of this update because I know what's it's going to bring back. If you watch videos of when the mod started back in 2014 with ETS2MP there were no constant rammers and trolls people played it seriously and was a hella lot of fun. We just want that to be the case again today. Have faith in these changes and great things will come.

It is a good change and I like it! Excited to see good things happen from it.

• HaulieLove 1

On 7/3/2019 at 2:33 AM, TheDuckThatFloats said:

trollers are everything, not the people who want to have fun jumping above bridges.

I've seen these funny people many times. They jumped above bridges and crashed into other players who were driving in this place. Now they're free to have fun on arcade server and jump above the bridges as much as they want.
Why? Cus they need 150 km/h to do that. Otherwise, what are all these comparisons for?

1 minute ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

mind that there was no speed limit whatsoever in the beginning, i could go 170 km/h on empty roads and yet we still have rammers and trolls now with the speedlimit enabled. If the server back in 2014 was as populated as it is now (~2000-2700 slots back then - 4200 now) you would have gotten 5000 reports daily aswell. the speedlimit doesn't help at all, people will still try to overtake even if theyre only 5 kmh faster than you, IMO this update leads to more crashes as people can't overtake as fast as they used to and crash into oncoming traffic...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Folriden said:

This mod turned into a race a few years ago. Now, when they are trying to get it back in the right direction, all the racers began to complain that they're not allowed to have fun.

Yeap, pretty much seems that way lol

11 minutes ago, Folriden said:

I've seen these funny people many times. They jumped above bridges and crashed into other players who were driving in this place. Now they're free to have fun on arcade server and jump above the bridges as much as they want.
Why? Cus they need 150 km/h to do that. Otherwise, what are all these comparisons for?

they could do it in freeroam server where every place was nc zone, seen many youtube videos even the admins were doing the jumps. new servers dont change anything.

so lets say all these unnecessary rules are to prevent trolls and help staff, if you want to deal with that many reports, why not make ingame report system like if a player gets reported 10 times he will be at the top of the list? this way so many reports would be collected at the same time. this was recommended many years ago by the way. do feedback system really work now? :D