Road to Simulation

1 minute ago, Ru13z said:

Who cares if the numbers drop.

There is one server full of rules, and a server with no rules at all.
If they can't fit in any of these because they can't ram, they are welcome to leave

i'm gonna guess that TMP dev's will care if they numbers drop, especially now that a competing MP mod is in the works.

i also like how you keep assuming everyone that wants EU2 back is a troll and wants to ram people, where as alot of people (myself included) liked EU2 because of the added challenge of avoiding trolls/rammers

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

7 minutes ago, Folriden said:

I also have an adviсe for you: This is Simulator and the game's name is Euro Truck Simulator, so...If you want to race nobody prevents you to play NFS.  

Erm....
Remember?

hix6YQc.png

32 minutes ago, Folriden said:

I also have an adviсe for you: This is Simulator and the game's name is Euro Truck Simulator, so...If you want to race nobody prevents you to play NFS.  

It’s not that everyone wants to race around like it’s some race game, a lot, in fact, the vast majority of people who loved the rules in EU2 played there because it felt more real, the unpredictability, the chaos, the freedom to do what you want and not be restrained yet still having a respect for the rules.

I would like to also point out that ETS2 and ATS are not true simulators, a true simulator would make you do everything manually, from having to do maintenance on your truck to having to get out and lift the landing gear or pump fuel manually. ETS2 and  ATS are casual/arcade simulators where there are aspects that are true simulation, but there’s also a lot that cater to the casual player who wants to drive a truck but don’t want to play ultra realistically. I mean by definition in terms of the gaming world, a “Simulator” can be anything from super Arcady to super realistic, just browse steam and you’ll see what I mean.

the simulation servers are to annoying, with the limiter happening any chance to keep up with friends or to be able to drive multiple runs in 2 hours, plus they are a huge magnet to trolls, speed hackers and griefers. Whereas the arcade servers are too boring, where you can go at whatever speed, but there’s no danger, no what if moments, hence why the servers essentially are like ghost towns.

i mean I bet that there will be just as many, if not more, reports made with the new setup as there were with the EU2 rules, slowing people down does not solve the overall issue, you can make everyone drive at 10MPH everywhere and you’ll still have trolls, hackers and accidents happening, it’s part and parcel of a multiplayer, where there’s people, there is the undesirables causing chaos and ruining the game for everyone. 

• True Story 3

Will be looking forward to Infinite Truckers after this implementation. This can't be regarded as a true sim as not every load will pass the Inspection point. If you want a real truck sim, go become a truck driver, simple! 

There is no Arcade server for US either so no we can't just play in an Arcade server when one doesn't exist.

Bye bye TMP.

P.S. For the White Knight Soyboys who will defend TMP until their last breath, I won't reply to you so don't waste your time.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Seanster said:

i'm gonna guess that TMP dev's will care if they numbers drop, especially now that a competing MP mod is in the works.

i also like how you keep assuming everyone that wants EU2 back is a troll and wants to ram people, where as alot of people (myself included) liked EU2 because of the added challenge of avoiding trolls/rammers

I do not assume who wants EU2 is a troll. I do assume that everyone that wants to play over speed and off-bound rules, and still complains he cant crash people, IS in fact a troll and wants to ram people. What else is to assume?

Just because you find it "challenging" to put yourself infront of a horde of bulls, doesn't mean normal people do. 

About the numbers... A good product relies on numbers. A great product can suffice relying in quality. If the hooligans migrate to said competing MP Mod (which I doubt, since it promises to be even more rigid to infractions), they'd be doing us a favor.

2 hours ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

Erm....
Remember?

hix6YQc.png

@Hecki_Stafman This was a seasonal Special event by TMP, carried out in a closed-in environment. Doesn't relate to the daily routine of TMP gameplay. No point in using that as a "racing game" argument.

1 hour ago, megadethsteve666 said:

It’s not that everyone wants to race around like it’s some race game, a lot, in fact, the vast majority of people who loved the rules in EU2 played there because it felt more real, the unpredictability, the chaos, the freedom to do what you want and not be restrained yet still having a respect for the rules. (1)

I mean I bet that there will be just as many, if not more, reports made with the new setup as there were with the EU2 rules, slowing people down does not solve the overall issue, you can make everyone drive at 10MPH everywhere and you’ll still have trolls, hackers and accidents happening, it’s part and parcel of a multiplayer, where there’s people, there is the undesirables causing chaos and ruining the game for everyone.  (2)

(1) - "yet still having a respect for the rules" I laughed at this oneTotally fake, and the facts prove hands down otherwise. Ask how many reports were being handled daily. Little tip, your freedom can't cross the freedom of another player who wants to play by the rules (or even if not). Chaos... nobody liked the chaos, the ramming, the insults. Rules are needed everywhere in the world to keep a healthy society environment. But I assume you already know that.

(2) - There will always be bad sheep, as in anywhere else. That is why rules are needed, to ensure this percentage of abusing decreases, and if not, gets punished accordingly. Slowing players down and incentivate a more simulative gamestyle is THE way to go, wether you like it or not, or argument that the game isnt this, or isnt that - not only is the goal of this genre of game, but so is the goal of TMP, from the very first day. They made mistakes with EU2 by loosening the rules and the ban hammer, and therefore letting it reach havoc, but these changes came to show that they are making amends.

I get why you did this but the speed limit thing was terrible enough before.  Now its even worse.  Seems like by road to simulation you are also heading down the road of NO FUN ALLOWED!    Might as well put the trucks on rails and just hit go and sit and wait for the truck to get where its going on its own.   This whole update looks like a complete overreaction to a small minority of players that like to ruin peoples good time.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

7 minutes ago, sgt.sickness said:

I get why you did this but the speed limit thing was terrible enough before.  Now its even worse.  Seems like by road to simulation you are also heading down the road of NO FUN ALLOWED!    Might as well put the trucks on rails and just hit go and sit and wait for the truck to get where its going on its own.   This whole update looks like a complete overreaction to a small minority of players that like to ruin peoples good time.

Arcade 1 or Arcade 2. You have two to pick.
Unless your "NO FUN ALLOWED" translates into crashing players at 150km/H. That is not in fact allowed from now on, and in that case, might be a good idea to "have fun" in a Derby genre game.

• HaulieLove 1

On 7/2/2019 at 5:57 PM, S̶ ̶p̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶ ̶k̶ ̶i̶ ̶e̶ said:

EDIT: @TeamDeer You can't delete your message from someone else quoting it, just saying. If that's not what you intended to say, deleting your message doesn't change anything. If you want to be professional about it, and not prove the point that TMP doesn't even bother to listen, don't delete your message.

I wasn't the one that deleted it. ;) 

29 minutes ago, Ru13z said:

Arcade 1 or Arcade 2. You have two to pick.
Unless your "NO FUN ALLOWED" translates into crashing players at 150km/H. That is not in fact allowed from now on, and in that case, might be a good idea to "have fun" in a Derby genre game.

Unless you're strapping down loads manually, filling your tanks with an actual fuel bowser and recording your logbooks and handing them to your supervisor, you CANNOT dictate what others can do in a GAME! I get that it is Truck "Simulator" but it's not really. It's a simulation in the sense that you can drive trucks around city and countryside and deliver loads but that's where the similarities end. It's impossible to have an overweight load detected at the weight stations (illegal but it happens in RL), no random load inspections, no police RBT's, the list goes on.

You can't simply say "You can't do this because it's meant to be a simulator" when the GAME does not simulate ALL real-world scenarios. It is a GAME, not a true-to-life simulator. Some people just don't understand the difference.

• True Story 1

18 minutes ago, Ru13z said:

@Hecki_Stafman This was a seasonal Special event by TMP, carried out in a closed-in environment. Doesn't relate to the daily routine of TMP gameplay. No point in using that as a "racing game" argument.

The point is: The people here say "The game is called "Euro Truck Simulator" and not a racing game."

So, we take a look what this mean.

"Euro Truck Simulator" simulates what? Right. It simulates driving a truck.

The Devs give us the possibility to tune up our truck with better engines, retarder etc. With better engines you drive faster. Without mods and the vanilla version of the game up to 160 km/h.

And this is what it simulates.

The truck driving.

This game is not called "Euro Traffic Rules Simulator".

Most of us don't want to drive with 160 km/h in the next traffic jam and ramming everything what looks like a truck or a car.

Most of us are careful drivers with the possibilty to drive a bit faster if the streets are empty. This is our argument for the speedlimit of 150 km/h.

I did this since my registration over half a year. The result: 0 bans, 0 kicks. Admins can check this.

How I said in a previous post I keep my distance to the guy in front of me. I was fair enough to hold a distance, that some one who wanted to overtake had enough space to drive in the hole between the guy in front of me and myself, if there was oncoming traffic.

I hold the speed and overtake when it is absolutly safe.

So, I never crashed in someone. I speeded up when the streets were emtpy and braked when a driver was coming. I don't thought: "Oh, a Truck! I have to kick him off the road! Brrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmm. YEAH!".
That's why I have 0 bans and 0 kicks.

Now we have to pay for all these reckless drivers, who still drive reckless. And now we drive the whole route with 70 - 80 km/h because no one of the former careful drivers want to overtake. They don't want to risk a ban because it is nearly impossible to overtake correctly now without crashing in oncoming traffic.

But sometimes you see a reckless driver who is going to overtake and crash, like he'd done this before.

The speed limit is a punishment for every careful driver and not for the reckless drivers.

1 hour ago, Ru13z said:

I do not assume who wants EU2 is a troll. I do assume that everyone that wants to play over speed and off-bound rules, and still complains he cant crash people, IS in fact a troll and wants to ram people. What else is to assume?

(1) - "yet still having a respect for the rules" I laughed at this oneTotally fake, and the facts prove hands down otherwise. Ask how many reports were being handled daily. Little tip, your freedom can't cross the freedom of another player who wants to play by the rules (or even if not). Chaos... nobody liked the chaos, the ramming, the insults. Rules are needed everywhere in the world to keep a healthy society environment. But I assume you already know that.

(2) - There will always be bad sheep, as in anywhere else. That is why rules are needed, to ensure this percentage of abusing decreases, and if not, gets punished accordingly. Slowing players down and incentivate a more simulative gamestyle is THE way to go, wether you like it or not, or argument that the game isnt this, or isnt that - not only is the goal of this genre of game, but so is the goal of TMP, from the very first day. They made mistakes with EU2 by loosening the rules and the ban hammer, and therefore letting it reach havoc, but these changes came to show that they are making amends.

Players can speed and still respect the rules,  what megadethsteve666 has said is true and very well worded too. Thousands of players play this game every single day, with many of those player going above speed limits, many of those players would have no issues whatsoever. Yes there was an awful lot of reckless speeders who clearly cannot control a truck or car and who have no respect for the rules or anyone else on the road, they are they trolls and the players who caused alot of the issues but they where not the majority, many many more players liked to be able to speed but would still respect the rules and other players. I have seen this myself in game both driving and when monitoring C-D, many players speed and would slow down for other players, traffic, corners etc many would overtake safely too waiting for safe moments and places, I've also seen this all from a streamers perspective who drove C-D at the speed limits, many many people would pass safely with no issues but sometimes the reckless ones would come and cause problems and crashes and they get reported and banned but the fact is they are not the majority of player who go above speed limits.

As an example or reference think of the traffic jams on C-D at the Brussels - Rotterdam Junction or the railway crossings, the majority of players whether they where speeding before or obeying the limits would stop and wait in the traffic where as a small number of players would try to overtake the entire traffic.

People wanting to speed for most its not at all about racing around the place at 150 at all times,  its about being able to speed up and go at those faster speeds sometimes when the roads are quieter but slowing down and enjoy the traffic when its busier and not safe to overtake, being able to go fast speeds on long trips when your driving on the quite motorways around the map and being able to go a bit faster to fit in more jobs, there is so much more to the majority of players who like to speed then those players who be reckless drivers going 150 all the time not respecting the rules or anyone else but it seems many consider everyone who speeds or like to speed sometimes as being those types of players and that is just not true.

The problem now for alot of players is that there is no server option for them, there is no middle in between server,  the push for Simulation play and making that more of a focus is a great idea but at the same time some balance is also good,  for alot of people the ncz arcade servers are no good as they do not want to be on a server where everyone just drives through each other and thats why so many people who do like to speed sometimes are so unhappy, its not that they want to be able to crash into each other or anything like that but it takes away so much from the game,  the more relaxed style of play is still valid even with this game being a Simulator.

• Like 2
  • HaulieLove 1

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

I really like playing ETS as a simulator so I'm really glad and I'm on board with the staff's sentiment of improving the simulation experience for everyone, but I don't think speed limiting is the way to go. Trolls and people who can't drive are a minority; annoying yes, but still a minority, and this feels like punishing everyone for the deeds of that minority. Sometimes I need higher speeds to catch up with people in a convoy, or some jobs have me go to some deserted routes that are better done quickly, so I feel like I'm being punished for what trolls do. Besides, people who drive well will drive well no matter what speed limit, and people who can't will still ram into others, overtake recklessly, etc. even if there's a speed limit.

So I don't think it'd improve things that much. But we have to see. In my view a better solution would be to have more moderators in-game, since every report I've sent in-game has been ignored so far except for one (although web reporting works very well! But not everyone has the time to prepare video evidence for every single thing that happens so they go unnoticed).

But we have to see, maybe things will improve. I think experimenting is good.

• Upvote 1

I have never seen so much salt in one topic. Either the Forum Mods are slacking, or actually allowing people to voice themselves. In my perspective of how the mods has changed over the years. I am actually on board with these changes. I was never one to make crazy changes to my trailers as triples bug out all the time. The speed limit was never really an issue to me. I actually prefer it slower. Can you imagine how much damage we can save with the slower limit? You speed up behind someone doing 150 and they lag. What happens? A cluster (Insert curse word). I totally approve with going back to the original roots of the game that @RootKiller @I<3VODKA and @mwl4 Originally were doing in the beginning.. However, to the people who bash TMP staff for not doing a community vote? We got this bad from a vote. It was time for TMP to pull up the pretty frilly panties. I back them up every step of the way. I was staff at one time. I used to see what others didn't. Everything is done for a reason AND it is done with a meeting with Devs and TMP Staff. So Before you cry over your little "Racing" Game gone down the funnel. Xbox Game Pass has Forza Horizon 4 for free. They have trucks. Go race those. As for this "Simulation" Game. Leave it well alone. There is a new need for speed coming out around Xmas and if you play PS4. Grand Turismo is on sale. Enjoy. As for TMP. 

Keep up the good work my guys, I am still here and not going anywhere. 

1 hour ago, Killua // Ireland ^_^ said:

The problem now for alot of players is that there is no server option for them, there is no middle in between server,  the push for Simulation play and making that more of a focus is a great idea but at the same time some balance is also good,  for alot of people the ncz arcade servers are no good as they do not want to be on a server where everyone just drives through each other and thats why so many people who do like to speed sometimes are so unhappy, its not that they want to be able to crash into each other or anything like that but it takes away so much from the game,  the more relaxed style of play is still valid even with this game being a Simulator.

There could be an option: a individual speed limit. if you will be reported, the game moderator checked this and when he accept the offence the driver get a speed limit for 6 months, a year or life time.

1 minute ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

There could be an option: a individual speed limit. if you will be reported, the game moderator checked this and when he accept the offence the driver get a speed limit for 6 months, a year or life time.

Or they could keep one arcade server a collision and one as full non collision as EU4 used to be..

18 hours ago, Kintuke said:

I agree 100% with this..It seems that alot of people are having problems with the speed limit and collisions.Why? cause you cannot run 150mph and crash into other people trying to play that game as it should be played.

I totally agree with you. Create a simulation server with even lower speed and especially without cars.

The other simulation server with higher speed and the cars there.
Then 2 arcade, one with collisions.
I think this reduces most of the complaints I read here on the forum.

spacer.png