Road to Simulation

Finally, TMP made a light rollback to the roots. Remembering the Early Days, with no NCZ Zones! You´ve needed to wait 20- 40 Minutes to finish your delivery! ETS2 is a Game and SCS gave the Player the option to play the Game like he want.................in Single Player!!!

Truckers MP is a Game Modifikation that make it possible to play the Single Player Game with other People together, for FREE!

So, every Player is a Guest and as a Guest i have to Obey the Rules and Game Restrictions, set by Truckers MP. If i am not willing to do this, i have to play Single Player! I can make Suggestions to improve the Gameplay! It´s just that Simple!

The Fact is, the most Rules and Changings are the Consequences of the Peoples Behaviour the last Years.  ETS2 is barely a Truck Simulation that giving you a View what Trucking means! Unfortunately, more and more Players acting like sociophatic egomaniacs without any respect for other People/ Player and because of this, many regular players left Truckers MP. Maybe they coming Back now.

Many Thanks for this Changing!

1 hour ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

I wonder how you come to this conclusion, as we have never met on the EU#2 server. Do you stalk me? :lol:

You should not take other peoples views and opinions personally. Being a reckless driver/ troll is not the end of the world, and I believe that everybody can improve his/ her behavior. It is just a matter of time.

And what is more:
A hybrid arcade/ simulation experience is what we had on the EU#2 server. As a veteran that you are, I regard you as being experienced enough to understand that this kind of model did not work well at all. Unless of course you define the mayhem that it caused in certain areas as a milestone of success.

Can we not just give the new models a try for some months before complaining and demanding changes?

Please don’t assume that because your thoughts and feelings as a veteran driver are as such, that EVERY veteran driver should share your views and opinions, same as assuming that because someone wants a specific setup for a server, does not mean they are reckless or a troll, as I said, just because you drive in a certain manner, doesn’t mean that it’s shared by everyone, a multiplayer means the meeting of multiple people and multiple play styles.

It's a nice change. Going back to its roots when you simulate together with people not to speed, troll or wreck each other because "fun".

150km/h is dangerous and ridiculous as it defeats the purpose of truck simulation.

The mod is made to bring singleplayer experience to multiplayer not to play it like a hybrid of Beam.NG and Forza/NFS.

Now EU#2 days are over and it's EU#1's comeback with boosted server capacity. AI addition will be great (It's been a year though)

Maybe turning on the collision in Arcade servers will calm them a bit lol

• Upvote 2

I think the changes are fine, i don't notice much of a difference, there are still trollers anyway, Simulation 1 is just EU#2 with speed limiter but i think 110km/h speed limit is fine...

To be honest maybe it's just me but only thing i noticed different is that it is called 'Simulation' now. 

OK I have big problems with this update!

1. Why Did you not warned people a couple of days ago and telling people that the big update will happen in the next couple of days but NO you didn't and you just push the update out with out even telling no one 

2. Why Put a speed limit on the server when in the cites you can only drive at 80 kph .Now you are making people to drive at 110 kph/68mph on the Motorway/Country roads  . i used to like driving at 150 Kph down the motorway  because in real life you cant do that. Now you have taken that way from me and now i have to go at 110 kph down the motorway which i will find so boring and not fun at all .

3. Because of this i have taken the decision to limit my time on truckers mp for Convoys ,Official Events  Which i find a real shame because in my free time i use to like playing on truckers mp but because of this new update  that is the decision i have to take .

4. I Will try the new Arcade  Server But at this moment of writing this i Dont  feel like playing on Arcade  servers 

If You have any questions what i just posted feel free to contact me and i will be  happy to reply .

-Busman 2003 

Road to empty servers

Ok. Did my first route on the new server and I have big big problems with this update.

I am a careful driver. I drive fast, but very carefully. I keep my distance, that other trucks can overtake and fill this distance on oncoming traffic that the overtaker is safe.

Since my registration at truckersMP on 17 Dec 2018 there was no ban for me, not even a kick or anything else.

Sometimes it was very close for overtaking others. That was ok, but I never crashed because of overtaking another player.

Now overtaking is absolutly impossible for me. Especially when the driver in front of me have double trailer.

Even when the driver in front of me is driving with 80 km/h I can't overtake. In every try I was too slow to complete a overtake like I could do it before. I had to evade on the gras or ramming the driver I was overtaking and risk a ban for "reckless driving".

And then, a moment later, someone else who do not care about bans or kicks overtake and drive inside the oncoming traffic.

With this update you are punishing the wrong ones: the careful drivers who overtake when it is safe.

I think I will get my first ban in few days because of this stupid update.

*edit* Maybe if it is possible you can create a free roam server with no rules, where you can`t report other players for ramming or reckless driving and accept the risk of this server.

3 hours ago, ATBboss said:

Give us at least one arcade server with collision and no speed limit(OR 150KPH).  Personally this is just a game and in a game you are supposed to be able to do things you cannot in real life. So I think many of us here would like to have such a server for fun. For example like EUROPE 2 server was.  

I do hope that you consider this as this would be a play or no play factor for many people.

THANKS FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION. @Wheezy @_Russian

How I said, this is a simulation game. The whole point of the game is to drive like in real life. If you want to full speed and ram into people. This aint the game to do it, sir

19 minutes ago, _Russian said:

How I said, this is a simulation game. The whole point of the game is to drive like in real life. If you want to full speed and ram into people. This aint the game to do it, sir

in real life, trucks can overtake each other when the road is clear, in real life car drivers easily overtake trucks. now tell me, can you overtake a truck(any truck) that accelerate faster than the skoda? i am afraid not. people now try to overtake at low speeds and cause many crashes, more than before. hell if i open live map now im pretty sure i will see chaos. NOT TO FORGET THAT people still yell-spam-scream over voice channel saying admins are sleeping admins are ... etc. it is obvious that the staff members are not really doing their jobs completely. filling out quotas and switching games is easy. it really shows the staff how much they care. dont take it on you if you believe you are doing what is right. but it is certain that almost half of the staff team is not caring about the game.

now thanks to the staff who discussed these stupid rules and decided how speed limit must be, we are just stuck behind lagging people.

normally i dont overtake if not necessary, but not only speed limit, other rules are worthless

16 minutes ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Please don’t assume that because your thoughts and feelings as a veteran driver are as such, that EVERY veteran driver should share your views and opinions, same as assuming that because someone wants a specific setup for a server, does not mean they are reckless or a troll, as I said, just because you drive in a certain manner, doesn’t mean that it’s shared by everyone, a multiplayer means the meeting of multiple people and multiple play styles.

I assume that you confused "assume" with "regard".

1. regard - to consider or have an opinion about something or someone
2. assume - to accept something to be true without question or proof

And I regard you as being experienced enough.

Talking about assumptions, you wrongly assumed that I expect every veteran driver to share my views and opinions. I do not expect that from any being. IMO, that would be completely absurd anyway.
You (and everybody else) are perfectly entitled to not to agree to my views and opinions.

• Like 1
  • Woah! 1

3 minutes ago, TheDuckThatFloats said:

in real life, trucks can overtake each other when the road is clear, in real life car drivers easily overtake trucks. now tell me, can you overtake a truck(any truck) that accelerate faster than the skoda? i am afraid not. people now try to overtake at low speeds and cause many crashes, more than before. hell if i open live map now im pretty sure i will see chaos. NOT TO FORGET THAT people still yell-spam-scream over voice channel saying admins are sleeping admins are ... etc. it is obvious that the staff members are not really doing their jobs completely. filling out quotas and switching games is easy. it really shows the staff how much they care. dont take it on you if you believe you are doing what is right. but it is certain that almost half of the staff team is not caring about the game.

This is an game update I dont get why are you comming after staff, but anyways I will say it once and then this topic is closed,for me. Each staff member gives the best of him. As a person that has never been in the staff team, how did you came to the conclusion that we are not doing our job? We cannot cover the whole map with admins. What you are saying is non-sens. You dont know how many people are dedicating their time to this even tho they could be enjoying another game or beign out with their family. This is the second time at least I see you complaining about staff, perhaps instead of complaining about the job we are doing. Maybe you should at least try to do something?

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 2

15 minutes ago, _Russian said:

This is an game update I dont get why are you comming after staff, but anyways I will say it once and then this topic is closed,for me. Each staff member gives the best of him. As a person that has never been in the staff team, how did you came to the conclusion that we are not doing our job? We cannot cover the whole map with admins. What you are saying is non-sens. You dont know how many people are dedicating their time to this even tho they could be enjoying another game or beign out with their family. This is the second time at least I see you complaining about staff, perhaps instead of complaining about the job we are doing. Maybe you should at least try to do something?

first of all i didnt say all staff, second of all not only me but many people know how the tmp staff are. i remember many times i have waited more than one hours on a road that was blocked by a ncz blocker. an admin came after 1.5 hours. so where were all staff in that 1.5 hours?
where is the staff when they can see which place is the most crowded and have problems with in the "Live MP Map". now what do you expect me to do something? enable no clip hack and open the road then eventually get permanent banned? hahah no. i record people and upload their videos but what is the point when other people wait like me in those places for hours? staffs are not being so helpful. no matter what you say, you cant change the reality. players know you. at least more than me who gave upvotes to me.

also it is not only a game update. it is rules updates, aside from that i have tried to explain why such rules will have no proper effect on the simulation and the experience.

1 minute ago, TheDuckThatFloats said:

first of all i didnt say all staff, second of all not only me but many people know how the tmp staff are. i remember many times i have waited more than one hours on a road that was blocked by a ncz blocker. an admin came after 1.5 hours. so where were all staff in that 1.5 hours?
where is the staff when they can see which place is the most crowded and have problems with in the "Live MP Map". now what do you expect me to do something? enable no clip hack and open the road then eventually get permanent banned? hahah no. i record people and upload their videos but what is the point when other people wait like me in those places for hours? staffs are not being so helpful. no matter what you say, you cant change the reality. players know you. at least more than me who gave upvotes to me.

true. as someone being from the old times, admins are just trying to get the day done. i can be an admin and fill my quota, close the day and play another game like other staff do in discord.

34 minutes ago, _Russian said:

The problem is: drivers who don't care that this is a simulation game.

The rest of the game is now a slow motion movement. There is no traffic jam, but you drive with around 50 - 60 km/h a route of 400 km because the careful drivers (like me) do not dare to overtake anymore. And you could drive 80 km/h.

That doesn't make fun anymore.

I prefered the 150 limit and driving as same carful as now with the possibilty to overtake faster.

Idiots on the road doesn't care if they are stupid with 110 or 150 km/h.

12 minutes ago, TheDuckThatFloats said:

people now try to overtake at low speeds and cause many crashes, more than before.

12 minutes ago, TheDuckThatFloats said:

normally i dont overtake if not necessary, but not only speed limit, other rules are worthless

If you cannot ensure that during your entire overtaking maneuver no other road traffic participant is obstructed and/ or endangered, do not overtake.
If you want to overtake but you cannot drive at a much higher speed than the one that you want to overtake, do not overtake.

It is really as simple as this.

• True Story 2

2 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

If you cannot ensure that during your entire overtaking maneuver no other road traffic participant is obstructed and/ or endangered, do not overtake.
If you want to overtake but you cannot drive at a much higher speed than the one that you want to overtake, do not overtake.

It is really as simple as this.

then why need the speed limit where it will prevent overtaking which is done in real life? im not gonna argue about this as all of you who are blindly supporting tmp whatever they do will not understand the facts. cya.

I just think this idea isn't worth it. The whole point of trollers/hackers coming into the game is to ban them. They make a horrible experience to the game and they should be banned from the game. Making 2 different modes is nice and all but arcade mode having no collisions plus unlimited speed is a bad idea. People will just troll on there then. It's seems like a great concept but to me, it doesn't look like this will turn out successfully.