Road to Simulation

1 minute ago, Skibidi said:

This is stupid. There was simulation server which played around 700 players or less, and europe 2 with full server most of the time. Almost all players were driving over 110km/h and they were happy. Make the simulation server and let those players who likes simulate to play in there.

Does the 5000+ web reports and 1000+ game reports daily sound like the players were happy to you? 

They weren't happy they were going where the most players were. This is a Simulation community not Need For Speed or GTA etc.

Simulation is the main focus as it used to be and as it's going to be now.

• Upvote 3
  • HaulieLove 2
  • True Story 1

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Current Advisor of

TruckersMP.com

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

LOL

doing updates and changes without even doing surveys to know what players want, big applause

the feedback is very important, and you, TMP Staff don't seem to take it in consideration

if the number of players drop, don't ask yourself "why?" but better say "we did a mistake"

EU2 was and will be always full because of C-D road, speed is not the reason for this, it's the traffic. EU3 also had no speed limit but it was as empty as EU1,  so stop repeating this, it's not true.
As i already said players were complaining even about the 150 limit, so no matter what you do you can't make everyone happy. This change is for good and time will prove it.
You do not play alone, there are other people on the road and high speed was problem.  Ether accept the changes or quit and play SP. You can even play racing game.
End of story.

• Upvote 1

Give us at least one arcade server with collision and no speed limit(OR 150KPH).  Personally this is just a game and in a game you are supposed to be able to do things you cannot in real life. So I think many of us here would like to have such a server for fun. For example like EUROPE 2 server was.  

I do hope that you consider this as this would be a play or no play factor for many people.

THANKS FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION. @Wheezy @_Russian

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Seanster said:

All that needs to happen is to add collision to one of the arcade servers, i guarantee that server will be the most populated.

"Only trolls are complaining about NC". No, not at all, i've been playing since Late 2014, never been banned on ETS2.

Collisions add a enjoyable danger to driving.

if people want a full simulation, lets do a full simulator then, lets see how many of these ppl praising the 2 new simulation servers complain.

Lets add:

Go through red light = banned

Overtake on solid lines = banned

Overtake in 3rd lane on motorway = banned

Play for longer then 4.5hrs without a 45min break = banned

Take a double into a country that they not allowed = banned.

Force truck speed limit to 56mph/90kmh

Remove text chat.

Remove tab menu.

Remove player icons on map.

People seem to be forgetting that this is a game, games are meant to be fun for all, not the select few full simulator players.

TMP have added some stupid stuff in my time on here but this takes the cake.

you might trigger some people lmao

30 minutes ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

Does the 5000+ web reports and 1000+ game reports daily sound like the players were happy to you? 

They weren't happy they were going where the most players were. This is a Simulation community not Need For Speed or GTA etc.

in a simulation you try to avoid a head to head collision, in a 2 lane road with railguards you will either hit the guy who crashed 20meters in front of you or you will have to make a manevour to not hit the guy and eventually hit the other player who is coming from another direction. this is ramming. one of my mates got banned because of it. you can not force simulation all the way. you can see nothing has changed, hell even worse in most crowded cities. this means these rules made it worse than before.

30 minutes ago, SiKoZ said:

LOL

doing updates and changes without even doing surveys to know what players want, big applause

the feedback is very important, and you, TMP Staff don't seem to take it in consideration

if the number of players drop, don't ask yourself "why?" but better say "we did a mistake"

that was what i tried to tell. feedback is useless.

You know what,

Increase the amount of players in arcade 2, give that server collision, and done, everyone happy.

I understand realism, but you need to give people an alternative to what they had.

And the more I ask people about this subject, I hear time and time again that they want the old Europe 2 server back. And this is a BIG part of the community btw, not a small amount.

Again I understand the problems with the old europe 2 server, but hey, give people a warning before they join that type of server, state what the rules are, and now we have some proper simulations servers, AND we have alternatives.

Please listen to the other part of the playerbase as well, thank you.

happy_trucking_ets2

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Der Joey said:

So seriously now this is a simulator and no GTA let alone a race game. The players who are now sad now have to accept these new rules. 

Ridiculous rule. U can have your simulation server, at least give us a normal one just as ETS 2 game comes.  The map feels dull, and now i think offline is more fun. Post an official voting on the truckers mp page and lets see what the players says. Simulation server and normal server separately you'll see. 

5 minutes ago, TheDuckThatFloats said:

you might trigger some people lmao

in a simulation you try to avoid a head to head collision, in a 2 lane road with railguards you will either hit the guy who crashed 20meters in front of you or you will have to make a manevour to not hit the guy and eventually hit the other player who is coming from another direction. this is ramming. one of my mates got banned because of it. you can not force simulation all the way. you can see nothing has changed, hell even worse in most crowded cities. this means these rules made it worse than before.

that was what i tried to tell. feedback is useless.

well said my friend.  They are giving the mod free thats why they take us for granted. 

This might have been a good change with AI traffic or if many people played the game. But the fact is most of the time I'm driving on an empty highway and overtake 2-5 people max doing a delivery. Going 110km/h on a three lane highway is not challenging or engaging. Before you call me a troll please understand I and many others use good judgement when speeding or overtaking. To me, the fun aspect of this game is in knowing when you can drive fast, and when you should not.

If the goal is to combat trolls, how about speed limits for first two weeks on new accounts? Perhaps localized speed limits, e.g. 110km/h on Calais-Duisburg road? Speed limits imposed on trolls - every time a player is kicked from the server, give them a 110km/h limit for 2 days?

All of these solutions deal with the problem of trolls without driving players like me away from the game.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

Just a 5-minute in-game time in duisburg, I am trapped due to traffic congestion. No admin was monitoring, witnessed a NCZ hacker during the jam.

I guess there will be 50+ game reports and 20+ web reports just related to these 5 minutes.

You just slowed down the trolls, or the kids who only knows press-and-hold “W” in the popular area. 

I don’t think you can convince me to agree to this point. I expect you will make a statistic showing the new numbers of report this week, compared to that of last few weeks and also make a comparison of the player base, of course, to prove me wrong.

1 hour ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

The reason we are where we are today with the chaos is because for all these years we've done what the community wanted. We need to regain the seriousness this mod once had by making decisions players may disagree with. Think back to 2014/15 when the mod was so serious people were scared to cross lines accidentally. We're not saying we want completely serious like that again however, we need this to be a simulation community not Need For Speed.

But the thing is, it’s NEVER been serious, TMPs original purpose was to be able to drive trucks, with friends and enjoy the game as it is with friends. Bringing in all sorts of undesirable things like, capped speed limits on 2 servers, no collisions with uncapped speed limits on the other two takes away any fun that you have with friends. 

I can understand the whole “dealing with chaos” situation, but there are far simpler ways of fixing the problems instead of just slapping no Collide and limiters left, right and centre. 

At at the end of the day it’s a game, a game that is practically 50/50 arcade and simulation. I mean surely it’s easy to see that the most popular server was EU2 where you had collisions, no limiter but had the same rules as EU 1 and 3, so why essentially remove what is undoubtedly the best mix for all play styles in favour of the play styles that are the least played? It doesn’t make logical sense, EU1 was “simulation”, was mostly half full at best, EU4 was “No Collisions”, yet was almost always less than 300 players... it doesn’t make sense to force everyone to play that way.

If the goal is to dwindle the number of total players playing TMP, then mission accomplished in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, megadethsteve666 said:

You’re an exception to the friendly drivers on EU2 rule in my book tbh, especially tarring people who want to have a hybrid arcade/simulation experience with those who just want to cause pain, misery and destruction. 

I wonder how you come to this conclusion, as we have never met on the EU#2 server. Do you stalk me? :lol:

You should not take other peoples views and opinions personally. Being a reckless driver/ troll is not the end of the world, and I believe that everybody can improve his/ her behavior. It is just a matter of time.

And what is more:
A hybrid arcade/ simulation experience is what we had on the EU#2 server. As a veteran that you are, I regard you as being experienced enough to understand that this kind of model did not work well at all. Unless of course you define the mayhem that it caused in certain areas as a milestone of success.

Can we not just give the new models a try for some months before complaining and demanding changes?

they must put it back the way it was.

like maybe if someone crash into someone make a way that you can transfer money from one account to another and then you can pay the damage and to turn the speed limiter off and then cameras on the highways and then if you go over the speed limit a fine it will be awesome ..

45 minutes ago, megadethsteve666 said:

But the thing is, it’s NEVER been serious, TMPs original purpose was to be able to drive trucks, with friends and enjoy the game as it is with friends. Bringing in all sorts of undesirable things like, capped speed limits on 2 servers, no collisions with uncapped speed limits on the other two takes away any fun that you have with friends. 

I can understand the whole “dealing with chaos” situation, but there are far simpler ways of fixing the problems instead of just slapping no Collide and limiters left, right and centre. 

At at the end of the day it’s a game, a game that is practically 50/50 arcade and simulation. I mean surely it’s easy to see that the most popular server was EU2 where you had collisions, no limiter but had the same rules as EU 1 and 3, so why essentially remove what is undoubtedly the best mix for all play styles in favour of the play styles that are the least played? It doesn’t make logical sense, EU1 was “simulation”, was mostly half full at best, EU4 was “No Collisions”, yet was almost always less than 300 players... it doesn’t make sense to force everyone to play that way.

If the goal is to dwindle the number of total players playing TMP, then mission accomplished in my opinion.

It was a sign when some admins were corrupt, it doesnt look that good what will happen to tmp

Wow. You really did it.

You reduced the maximum speed to 110.

But it doesn't change anything. It only means that Idiots do not crash with 150 km/h, but with 110 km/h.

The next problem would be the overtaking when some one is driving 90 km/h and you could only accelerate to 110 km/h. It takes longer to overtake and that will increase the crash-rate, too.

And yes: Under this scenario idiots WILL overtake.

10 minutes ago, [TR]matrixlord said:

Bad drivers everywhere, speed limit don't important.

150km/h or 110km/h no differe..

please set max speed to 10km/h. 

You correctly figured out that a speed limit will not reduce the number of bad drivers.

However, a speed limit increases the chances of success of an evasive maneuver. Lower speeds equal less traveling distance in the same time, so speed limits eventually do matter.

If you think that the speed limit is of no importance, why do you ask for one after all?

8 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

You correctly figured out that a speed limit will not reduce the number of bad drivers.

However, a speed limit increases the chances of success of an evasive maneuver. Lower speeds equal less traveling distance in the same time, so speed limits eventually do matter.

If you think that the speed limit is of no importance, why do you ask for one after all?

He was being sarcastic lol