Road to Simulation

1 hour ago, THEREALDETONATOR said:

They only need to do one simple thing: just add collisions in one of the arcade servers and thats all we need , free speed and collisions.

Then the new simulation servers will barely have players just like EU1 used to and everyone will just want to go onto the arcade server. And as @Ru13z said above, adding collisions in arcade server without any speed limits will result in chaos just like EU2 was before they added the 150 km/h limit.  Truckersmp wants simulation in their multiplayer because this game is not NFS or GTA and is meant to play as a simulator. If you don't like the changes play those games, no one is forcing you to stay here.

29 minutes ago, Ru13z said:

The thing you gotta understand:

EU2 didn't allow for users to freely play as they want, because some humans can't understand that Everyone is Free, but your freedom ends immediately where the next person's freedom starts.
That's why it makes perfect sense to see this overcomed finally.

As for collisions on Arcade, why would you need them? So you can keep ramming and crashing freely, disrespecting the other people's freedom to play? I couldn't care less about Arcade, as I'm most likely to never set foot there.

But giving collisions to Arcade Server is rebuilding EU2, this time with no speed limit. And for that, I am all against.

You are funny, because:

1. Old EU2 was a proof, that large group of people dont mind and like system of this server. EU1 was little populated. Many people want play style between strict simulation and arcade.

2. As was mentioned many times, no one want destroy simulations servers, co You can be happy anyway.

3. Is very interesting, that You write as justify Your opinion with text: "Everyone is Free, but your freedom ends immediately where the next person's freedom starts", and immediately in the next sentence You try force Your opinion to all players as only one possible.

4. World is complicated, is more than two boxes black and white.

I finally see what is the point most of strict simulations players here - they were angry, that old EU1 was empty and a only few people want play with this style only. So now they are happy, that people who want play with colisions are forced play only simulations and they dont want change back, because they will have less populated servers again. That's how it feels all this reply for me. I do not get it, because no one want destroy their (now two!) simulations servers, so why they dont want satisfied other players with different style of gaming too?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Sooner or later ETS2 servers will open independent of TMP, so I care very little what happens here, I just hope that those who defend this change stay where they are, why it is undeniable that they played alone as in the old EU1, 300 or 400 people rotting on a map of several thousand kilometers, sure they end up yearning for the Trolls xDD.

• Haha 3
  • HaulieLove 1

29 minutes ago, PepaJahoda said:

You are funny, because:

1. Old EU2 was a proof, that large group of people dont mind and like system of this server. EU1 was little populated. Many people want play style between strict simulation and arcade.

2. As was mentioned many times, no one want destroy simulations servers, co You can be happy anyway.

3. Is very interesting, that You write as justify Your opinion with text: "Everyone is Free, but your freedom ends immediately where the next person's freedom starts", and immediately in the next sentence You try force Your opinion to all players as only one possible.

I finally see what is the point most of strict simulations players here - they was angry, that old EU1 was empty and a only few people want play with this style only. So now they are happy, that people who want play with colisions are forced play only simulations and they dont want change back, because they will have less populated servers again. That's how it feels all this reply for me. I do not get it, because no one want destroy their (now two!) simulations servers, so why they dont want satisfied other players with different style of gaming too?

@PepaJahoda
Again, nobody is forcing you to nothing. Neither am I forcing my opinion over anyone, altough I am allowed to express it as well as you are free to express yours.
Old EU2 was the proof of only one thing: that we who want to play as a Sim have to cope with rulebreakers in a Rule-bound Server. And if we were unhappy, be thrown in an empty server, because some children want to rather to make havoc out of this game. You saying that people don't mind... well, I don't agree. In fact if any Admin could throw a listing of the amount of reports dealed due to this matter, I bet both you and I would be surprised to see how few come from Sim drivers. Even the admins (the oldest ones mainly) are fed up with this bullcrap and with the course TMP has taken, their job is not to clean the mess and babysit the community 24/7.

Years of EU2 passed and are finally gone, to leave the lesson that you can't make Greeks and Trojans happy at the same time, at the same place. So give both of them their own thing. TMP could have just shut the doors on people unwilling to play by the rules, they are rightfully returning to the purpose and ideology of this original mod. Did you know EU2 was a Simulation server before? Also did you notice by all this time, that EU2 required you to follow the road rules - speed limits included?

Think again when you say "we" the "strict ones" want to destroy your servers lol. Its a simple fact that players who have fun ruining the game, or simply non-simulating ones, have brought this on themselves. You got two servers to play however the hell you want with no rules other than common sense ones - be grateful. 

11 minutes ago, gusmax1 said:

Sooner or later ETS2 servers will open independent of TMP, so I care very little what happens here, I just hope that those who defend this change stay where they are, why it is undeniable that they played alone as in the old EU1, 300 or 400 people rotting on a map of several thousand kilometers, sure they end up yearning for the Trolls xDD.

@gusmax1 And you really think that if this Multiplayer platform was official from SCS, they would stay years putting up with the kind of ingame behaviour we had on EU2? LOOOL.:lol::D:wesmart:

• True Story 1

On 7/3/2019 at 10:10 AM, PepaJahoda said:

You are funny, because:

I finally see what is the point most of strict simulations players here - they was angry, that old EU1 was empty and a only few people want play with this style only. So now they are happy, that people who want play with colisions are forced play only simulations and they dont want change back, because they will have less populated servers again. That's how it feels all this reply for me. I do not get it, because no one want destroy their (now two!) simulations servers, so why they dont want satisfied other players with different style of gaming too?

I can't agree with you more. Basically what you just write is exactly what I am thinking. Expanding Simulation 1 slot are those players who want to enforce people to play his rule and don't want to admit they are actually the minority. Since EU2 is always full on weekends, it shows that the majority want to have something that EU2 have but EU1 not. EU2 is a sweet balance of speed and realistic. You can't lose either one.

What is the meaning of driving 300km/h in an empty server? They want to stick together and enjoy traffic (that's why they still drive on C-D). You might ask, how 150km/h is realistic? Then, what about Autobahn for cars? The speedometer scaled to at least 75mph or 120km/h, that means if the engine is powerful enough, the trucks in real life could accelerate to over 120km/h (forget about speeding). Driving at 120km/h or 150km/h is also part of the simulation (just like the manufacturer needs to perform some tests to make sure the truck is capable for some safety margin). And I don't know why only following the real-world traffic rule can be the simulation and any speed further than 110km/h needs to be at Arcade server tagged like only welcome for kids.

If someone thinks collision is important than speed, like me and most of the drivers, will stick to Simulation 1 because they still want to drive together. Driving at 110km/h or more doesn't mean they are not going to ram somebody. Most of them get banned aren't due to crashing into someone intentionally for fun, they just don't know how to brake or overtake. A no collision server isn't the proper way to teach them to learn how to drive. If penetrating each other on C-D is fun, half of the players should've sticked to EU4.

Forcing them to play in Simulation 1 only turn the minority into the majority. Trolls are still there because they need a collision server to ram you. EU1 is kinda empty, but at least you can drive there peacefully. But now, they have no choice but to go to Simulation 1. So they are now coming for you if you can't drive 90km/h+ (especially most of the EU1 players drive slower than 80km/h). Reckless (more precisely, novice) drivers will take the risk of getting a ban but still stick to a server which most of us are there. They aren't accepting the Simulation servers, but they simply have no choice.

And finally, what I think the funniest part of this change is, TMP made two RACING CHAMPIONSHIP CAMPAIGNS this year. It is completely contradicted to chasing realistic.

• Upvote 7
  • True Story 2

6 hours ago, Igoropolak said:

In my opinion... This change SUCKS. You can't stop trolls from doing what they're doing. Driving through big crashes or traffic jams is a lot more fun than just driving like singleplayer. If someone needs true trucking experience shouldn't he just play singleplayer? I'm okay with adding those "Simulation servers", but i'd love to Have at least one old server back (like Europe #2)

Remember, this is just my own opinion.

i totally agree

4 minutes ago, Skazochnik said:

I do not know what to say, you need to try. :thinking:

this is a dissaster  please bring back EU2

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

I'm so glad the changes were finally pushed! This game is called American Truck SIMULATOR! Now I did a few runs with the crew tonight and it was lovely seeing people actually driving like they have some home training and actually following traffic laws. The most important thing is that they were enjoying it and so was I!

• Like 1

647122462_NewBanner.jpg.82c9c4d67a006b4db2f6122ce7c100b1.jpg

Guest Fallen Werewolf
3 hours ago, Miyu* said:

EU2 is a sweet balance of speed and realistic.

I totally agree. I hate full simulation, but don't like full arcade.

3 hours ago, Miyu* said:

Trolls are still there and they are now coming for you if you can't drive 90km/h+

I have  4 years exp of driving in TMP, so i agree.

P.s. Sorry for bad English, i am from russian forum (which dead).

Hey, does this mean that the restriction zone of double trailers is now off and you can use them everywhere in Germany?

7 hours ago, MarsKiller said:

Sounds great! Only hope that the speedlimiter doesn't work the same like in EU1 when driving inside a city. Kinda takes for ever if you drive on a highway like near Paris. And then see "You enter a city." and be forced to drive 60 KM/H on a highway.

Those city areas are way off! Milan, Paris, Calais... Though it doesn't seem to make much difference anymore since you cannot drive 130km/h. :)

I will say that this is a good move for the people that want to drive the mod for the simulation.

But for people like me who go on tmp to have fun and see all the funny things happen this is a stupid idea.

I watch alot of the "idiot on the road" series on YouTube, I make my own even, and most of the content is from funny crashes etc.

If there is gonna be no "fun" server, this will make tmp very boaring for those who enjoy seeming these funny moments. And when I say a fun server I mean one not speed limited and with collisions on.

• Upvote 3

I think this reminds a small group of people who, using administrative resources, impose their rules on absolutely everyone else and force them to execute, regardless of anyone.

I do not hint at anything, but the SJW group  is doing the same thing. :troll:
Now in TMP :lol: nice....

• Thanks 1

Once again TruckersMP makes major changes without any regards to the community. 

Can we get a more explanation to why some of these changes? Why are we no longer allowed to use triple trailers? 

We still have no explanation to why the cooldown of /fix is set to 10 minutes. You are hit approx. every 4 minutes or less by trolls and reckless drivers in TruckersMP. 

What do you mean by ”see below” regards to the duplicated accessories? 

Don’t we already basically have Simulator and Arcade servers? EU#1 seems exactly like the Simulator servers you are changing to. EU#4 being the Arcade servers and EU#2 being a mix between the two. So, basically EU#2 is becoming stricter, more limiting. While we are getting a new no-collison server. Isn’t EU#4 pretty empty? Do we really need two EU#4 servers with 2300 slots when we can’t even fill the current EU#4 server? 

EDIT: Yeah... I just looked. All that was done was EU#2 was renamed to Simulator 1, the. EU#1, EU#3 and EU#4 was renamed to Simulator 2, Arcade 1 and Arcade 2. 

bELMirh.jpg

Those renames with more restriction on players’ trailers and speed. 

I’ve said this before, trailers and speed is not the issue of TruckersMP. The issue with TruckersMP are the reckless drivers who overtake with absolutely no regards to opposite traffic or traffic jams. Players who think they are more important than others. And then we of course have the trolls. You are able to drive at 130km/h and still drive ”properly”. I usually drive 80-90km/h, but I can manage just fine going 130-150km/h. 

Quit restricting and limiting players with no valid reasons, and start dealing with the troublemakers. Give longer bans to those who clearly show no respect or regards to the community. Don’t give 2-6 days bans to people who d-sync ram and drive straight into people while going the wrong way. 

• Upvote 4

SHeDTix.png

Only default trailer combinations are allowed, trailer type does not matter, example; triples are no longer allowed in ETS2

Double or triple trailers must not be longer than the largest default combination; for ATS, the "turnpike double", for ETS2, the "HCT"

So, triples are not allowed on ets 2 or are? i have triple that is shorter than htc (aka half/ half/ half).

Also, for realism - SP and mods, MP was about "fun". While E2 wasnt perfect, lets admit it, it was just "fun". Adrenaline and hope to get thru C-D intact. Fear of scout/skoda car. Freedom to cruise barren areas like west france/east europe/baltic areas with pedal to the metal.

And as there was SIMULATION server, the number of people playing it should already tell how many people were interested in it. Forcing it on everybody is BAD, idea, i believe.

But i will stick around definitely, wanna  see how it evolve and how many people will actually leave.                            Have a nice one, ADRE