Road to Simulation

1 minute ago, TheDuckThatFloats said:

i dont need to explain a thing to you, you are an experienced player that believes trollers will play in arcade.

keep on believing there will be no trollers, no rammers, no blockers on simulation server.

I did not say that, so don't assume what I believe in or not. Of course deliberate trolling will now take place on simulation servers, because it would just not be possible on arcade servers.

But I say calm down and give it time and see how that works and stop predicting an outcome of all this.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, China-leitinG said:

I agree with this approach, but it would be better if we improved it to make each server play differently, such as displaying the correct game name on one of the Arcade servers and driving at 150 speed on one of the Simulation servers, which would make Truckers MP do better!

:troll:

happy Truck!

Going 150 in a Simulation servers goes agains't the whole point of this update, which is to promote actual simulation gameplay and  STOP people from overspeeding to unreallistic speeds and to crash at said speeds.
The new Arcade servers are now the place to do that.

I get the whole trolling thing and speed limiters and such in ETS2. There are tens of thousands of daily players, although i still think its ridiculous because the map without DLC's takes like 3 hours to cross, and that's full throttle, only stopping for gas and no detours.

What I don't get is why ATS has been limited. It is already pretty baren except in events and when once or twice a year a state is released. You might get 400 or 500 players, maybe 600 on an excellent day, spread out over thousands of miles and for the most part the max you'll get in a single area except maybe in Phoenix is 10 players. The trolls have basically abandoned ATS servers from what I have experienced, what with the few admins present in game aside from the couple who aid the traffic on that logging road, and a few spread out players who for the most part know how to drive defensively and offensively. Every now and then Ill run into a 10 year old driver not understanding a big rig doesn't turn like a Supercar, but that's the worse I've experienced.

ATS is now basically for the hardcore and relaxed simulators. I feel I fall into the second category. I've often been in a city like L.A, and my load is up in Fresno. It takes like 20 minutes doing 60 without stopping to get up there, which is fine, except when there is literally no one around. Nothing to look at, especially in the middle of the virtual night. So sometimes I will speed, 90-100mph. Just so I can at best half the time. I'm sure you've heard how driving down a long road without any real obstacles or curves can put a driver to sleep. Well this has a similar effect, being limited in speed. It bores the player, especially the ones who are driving alone, and makes them uninterested to play on your servers. I am bringing up the issue of speed limiters because I am not as big in the Save Change area, although I do feel the restrictions added in that area are not entirely good either.

You do what you have to do, but I recommend listening to players, who above me and I'm sure future comments below seem to have similar sentiments. Your developers do good work, but I hope you and they listen to the community. There is a way to promote realism without completely alienating and boring a good majority of your base. Have a good evening.

• Thanks 1
  • True Story 1

So, team of admins and developers own this MOD/game/multiplayer, so they have rights do, what they want to do. And is nothing bad about it.

I only want to say my opinion. From this change I feel this attitude from team TMP: who want play only real life is good people, and who want play game with more variability is bad people, troll, rammer etc. And nothing between. Like if never exist people who want play honestly, peacefully, according rules, but with more variability (with colision, with respect to other players globaly and while overtaking etc, but with higher speed on empty roads, and no mind if some troll crash on them etc.).

I am sad from some post from strict simulations players. They had server EU1, where simulations was great and why they hate other type of players so much? They have simulations server, so they can be there and they should be satisfied. And if somebody want play game other way, why they attacking us and want strict prohibitions any other type of gameing on all of servers? This behavior (when they want everyone to act like them) have name - totalitarian power, You know? This is the same, like if someone will demand all servers like arcades...how You will feel then?

Team TMP, if you are tired from complaints and solutions, it should be one server with rules exactly the same as old EU2 has and You can canceled all that tons of rules from main website, and set only one rule: "if you go to this server, it will be there no bans, no support, if someone crash on You, You must be ok with it etc." I believe, that most of players will be ok with this. Who is angry from one crash and want strict simulation, he have simulations servers or server without colision. Popularity of old EU2 sever speaks for itself.

Shame. Now this is game over for half of players. I wish to strict simulations players good gameing without us and sweet dreams with this feeling.

Pepa Jahoda

• Upvote 1
  • HaulieLove 1

Guys just bite the bullet, anyone who has been around for the last 3 years will know it doesn't matter what you say or ask! I remember when it was just one server on a mirror download, just be thankful they gave us an arcade server with no speed limit ( its better than nothing at all ). Who knows, maybe they will add traffic to the sim servers??? As for the rules on editing, well looks like i got a trailer to delete but hope the trucks are ok! No point raging as much as i do because it just gets you banned..........Its like with politics, you see who is in the final run for PM & say " well *beep* " & then get on with life as f up as it is! 

19 minutes ago, Happy Trucking ETS2 said:

Hmm,

When all the 5000+ players will join again, doing the exact same thing as before, only now going to Simulation 1......nothing will really change.

Will be interesting to see people overtaking with a 110 km/h speedlimiter.....great.

Don't forgot this happened earlier, you know, making a speedlimiter at all. When they changed it to 150 km/h.

Now it is a bit less, wow, that will stop all the trolls for sure........not really

I guess we will see what happens.

Shh people will come saying why u overtake with a truck :P

11 minutes ago, PepaJahoda said:

So, team of admins and developers own this MOD/game/multiplayer, so they have rights do, what they want to do. And is nothing bad about it.

I only want to say my opinion. From this change I feel this attitude from team TMP: who want play only real life is good people, and who want play game with more variability is bad people, troll, rammer etc. And nothing between. Like if never exist people who want play honestly, peacefully, according rules, but with more variability (with colision, with respect to other players globaly and while overtaking etc, but with higher speed on empty roads, and no mind if some troll crash on them etc.).

I am sad from some post from strict simulations players. They had server EU1, where simulations was great and why they hate other type of players so much? They have simulations server, so they can be there and they should be satisfied. And if somebody want play game other way, why they attacking us and want strict prohibitions any other type of gameing on all of servers? This behavior (when they want everyone to act like them) have name - totalitarian power, You know? This is the same, like if someone will demand all servers like arcades...how You will feel then?

Team TMP, if you are tired from complaints and solutions, it should be one server with rules exactly the same as old EU2 has and You can canceled all that tons of rules from main website, and set only one rule: "if you go to this server, it will be there no bans, no support, if someone crash on You, You must be ok with it etc." I believe, that most of players will be ok with this. Who is angry from one crash and want strict simulation, he have simulations servers or server without colision. Popularity of old EU2 sever speaks for itself.

Shame. Now this is game over for half of players. I wish to strict simulations players good gameing without us and sweet dreams with this feeling.

Pepa Jahoda

Funny you comment EU2 is the way to go.
I don't know if you've been playing long enough to understand that EU2 rule set actually contributed A LOT fot this to happen for such a long time. 

It's no disrespect from strict Simulation players, It's actually the other way around: Arcade styled players demand their right to drive however they want BETWEEN Simulation styled players - and that is where the disrespect stands. "YOU" want your right to play YOUR own way, but "I" want my right to play MY own way as well! That's why the community who are here to Simulate have been SCREAMING for this change.

And as I said in a previous post:
"The only thing that there's no point in, is to stubbornly demand to play and do whatever the fudge you want among drivers who are here to SIMULATE in a SIMULATION SERVER.

And to all players complaining that they can't crash, that just shows what you're here for and why this change is so much needed."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Ru13z said:

It's no disrespect from strict Simulation players, It's actually the other way around: Arcade styled players demand their right to drive however they want BETWEEN Simulation styled players - and that is where the disrespect stands. "YOU" want your right to play YOUR own way, but "I" want my right to play MY own way as well! That's why the community who are here to Simulate have been SCREAMING for this change.

I suppose you read badly. Therefore You can play on simulations servers and therefore I wrote, that should be another server like old EU2 (for example), where can play people, who dont mind if on one server playing simulations players ond more variability players together. On the contrary, they want it. Nobody forces You play this game on this sever too. It's so simple.

• Upvote 1

So.....

What was wrong with this system, is what I'm kinda questioning:

C4O7Kch.png

Ignore the arrow, was an old picture from a different topic.

But ehm..... what problem do we see here......ehmm...what about the fact that ALMOST NO players are playing in the simulation server.....

But....still, there was a simulation server, and a freeroam server, I don't really understand what was wrong with the old system tbh.

• Upvote 2

This update looks awesome! Finally reckless drivers can't be speeding around at 150 km/h and people won't overtake as much. And no speed limit and no collisions on arcade servers is great for people who want to have races. I do feel like the update will drive some people away from truckersmp mostly the reckless drivers but that's good we get those people out of here.

Im just thinking what will happen after the update:

1st: the troll behaviour will slightly change. Instead of recklessly overtaking the troll may do more direct ramming

2nd: at the CD the amount of accidents will increase, as the players need more time to overtake slower trucks. 

3rd: you will lose some of your player base, because they cant join the servers. you basically removed the number of available slots by about 2500. 

4th the trolls will spread out a bit more evenly between Simulation1 and Simulation2, which results in anger for those players, that drove at eu1 + eu3 before, as they are encountering more trolls

• Upvote 3
  • True Story 1

5 minutes ago, trixicat said:

Im just thinking what will happen after the update:

1st: the troll behaviour will slightly change. Instead of recklessly overtaking the troll may do more direct ramming

2nd: at the CD the amount of accidents will increase, as the players need more time to overtake slower trucks. 

3rd: you will lose some of your player base, because they cant join the servers. you basically removed the number of available slots by about 2500. 

4th the trolls will spread out a bit more evenly between Simulation1 and Simulation2, which results in anger for those players, that drove at eu1 + eu3 before, as they are encountering more trolls

Solution to 1, 2, and 4: HEAVY BAN HAMMER. (Little tip: no need to overtake someone who's at speed limit himself)

Solution to 3: Increase slots if average playercount justifies to do so. Has been done many times before.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

and people won't overtake as much. 

Yes. Probably this is the clue of this changes. Make the multiplayer as boring as posible.

I'm really don't understand why you are trying to kill this mod. Forcing people to switch to simulation server does not heal the world. The popularity of the EU#2 server was not  a coincidence.
Removing the most popular server and leaving no-collision shows that you divide your community to 2 separate groups. "nice simulator guys" and "speeding and ramming trolls". Nothing in betwen.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

7 minutes ago, [TPL] Bialy said:

Yes. Probably this is the clue of this changes. Make the multiplayer as boring as posible.

I'm really don't understand why you are trying to kill this mod. Forcing people to switch to simulation server does not heal the world. The popularity of the EU#2 server was not  a coincidence.
Removing the most popular server and leaving no-collision shows that you divide your community to 2 separate groups. "nice simulator guys" and "speeding and ramming trolls". Nothing in betwen.

Nobody's forcing you. TMP didn't made divisions, the community did. There have always been players who play simulation style, others just a normal freeroam game with few rules attached.

And all the years of EU2 are enough to prove that it simply doesn't work to play two different ways on the same map - and this difference can't improve or promote player overall behaviour either, quite the contratry.

Glad It's over.

I don't get why so much complaining. There are now servers to Simulate, and servers to play beyond simulation. The very best of both worlds is here, and TMP team worked to supporting it.

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

The thing you gotta understand:

EU2 didn't allow for users to freely play as they want, because some humans can't understand that Everyone is Free, but your freedom ends immediately where the next person's freedom starts.
That's why it makes perfect sense to see this overcomed finally.

As for collisions on Arcade, why would you need them? So you can keep ramming and crashing freely, disrespecting the other people's freedom to play? I couldn't care less about Arcade, as I'm most likely to never set foot there.

But giving collisions to Arcade Server is the same as rebuilding EU2, this time with no speed limit. And for that, I am all against.

"To all players complaining that they can't crash, that just shows what they're here for and why this change is so much needed."

• True Story 2