Road to Simulation

1 minute ago, MattTM said:

Hiya guys. 

I understand some of you are not happy about this change however I must remind you of two things.

1. Please remain civil in this forum topic. Some content that is being posted is not allowed - if you are unsure of what is allowed to be posted you can check at https://truckersmp.com/rules.
2. As said in the Original Post/Blog Post, if you do not agree with these changes and you can submit a feedback ticket to Game Moderation Management or Project Management and they will respond as soon as they can. You can submit a feedback ticket here - https://truckersmp.com/feedback

like the feedback ever worked... one of my deleted reply (deleted by staff) was addressing an event where there was no action taken about an admin where he didnt know the rules.

what do you want players to do if an admin nor a staff dont know the rules properly?

Just now, TheDuckThatFloats said:

like the feedback ever worked... one of my deleted reply (deleted by staff) was addressing an event where there was no action taken about an admin where he didnt know the rules.

The feedback system does work. I can assure you that no replies would be deleted :) 

yo

3 minutes ago, MattTM said:

The feedback system does work. I can assure you that no replies would be deleted :) 

if it worked, then why an admin that was reported multiple times still an admin? im not going to give names. i dont need to prove anything but even if you say it works, it doesnt really take action. in some cases it may but from my perspective, my mate sitting next to me reported an admin many times and nothing was done by only saying "communicated with the admin and was addressed where he was wrong). 

here is an example after how things are with new update of rules. LOL

https://prnt.sc/o9rg4n

the whole point i tried to explain in my deleted reply proves this. i will post my deleted reply and clean up some places. please dont delete it. let people no not people, let the community see what needs to be done by each sides.

Thanks for your changes.

I've got just a question: if I understood, triples are not allowed in ETS now. How about Doubles / HTC Doubles? I'm testing on simulator server...with a HTC i'm going in Bruxelles and seems all fine, but theorically Bruxelles was a restricted zone for doubles.

Thank you

Guest RWhetton01

For ETS2, the speed limiter will remain active however will be the same as EU#1 currently (110km/h / 68mph)

You can only do 90km/h / 56mph

Just now, TheDuckThatFloats said:

if it worked, then why an admin that was reported multiple times still an admin? im not going to give names. i dont need to prove anything but even if you say it works, it doesnt really take action. in some cases it may but from my perspective, my mate sitting next to me reported an admin many times and nothing was done by only saying "communicated with the admin and was addressed where he was wrong). 

here is an example after how things are with new update of rules.

https://prnt.sc/o9rg4n

If the managers saw no problem with what the member of staff did, that's their decision and at the end of the day: we must respect this. 
And I'm sure Game Moderators are working on sorting out the initial issues as it is still very much early days for these changes.

If you would like to discuss more about your feedback situation, feel free to contact me in a Direct Message as this forum topic isn't the place to chat about it :)

• Upvote 1

yo

Look, you want to race like crazy, go to base game, don't use mod. I got really tired of people running and racing, later just making coalitions. This is simulation, not a racing game. 110 km/h not enough? It's plenty. You would never drive faster in the real world with a cargo. You have arcade server, but then you want to make collisions by racing. This is the reason you shouldn't be in simulation. 

1 minute ago, MattTM said:

If the managers saw no problem with what the member of staff did, that's their decision and at the end of the day: we must respect this. 
And I'm sure Game Moderators are working on sorting out the initial issues as it is still very much early days for these changes.

If you would like to discuss more about your feedback situation, feel free to contact me in a Direct Message as this forum topic isn't the place to chat about it :)

this is where you are wrong, im not trying to discuss im trying to explain what are the facts. sure i cam dm you but if the tmp forum wont be chrystal clear of how things are then what is the point of trying to make the community better with rules that doesnt do any effect?

2 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust36 said:

Look, you want to race like crazy, go to base game, don't use mod. I got really tired of people running and racing, later just making coalitions. This is simulation, not a racing game. 110 km/h not enough? It's plenty. You would never drive faster in the real world with a cargo. You have arcade server, but then you want to make collisions by racing. This is the reason you shouldn't be in simulation. 

it is not about the speed limit, it is about why these rules will not work

1 minute ago, TheDuckThatFloats said:

this is where you are wrong, im not trying to discuss im trying to explain what are the facts. sure i cam dm you but if the tmp forum wont be chrystal clear of how things are then what is the point of trying to make the community better with rules that doesnt do any effect?

I do respect your comment mate and feel free to drop me a DM if you wish. 

5 minutes ago, Scorpion93 said:

Thanks for your changes.

I've got just a question: if I understood, triples are not allowed in ETS now. How about Doubles / HTC Doubles? I'm testing on simulator server...with a HTC i'm going in Bruxelles and seems all fine, but theorically Bruxelles was a restricted zone for doubles.

Thank you

The double trailer restriction zone has been removed so you can use double trailers anywhere in the map :)

• HaulieLove 1

yo

I don't really care about the speed limit rules, I usually drive under the speed limit forTMP anyhow. What really dissappoints me, and pretty much has instantly killed any and all interest in your mod is your changes to the trailer save editing rules. As part of the wonderful and vibrant save editing community for ATS TMP, your mod really revitalized my interest into ATS. It was the comraderie I could get by pulling a unique trailer combination with friends who also partook in it. The challenge of taking a truly heavy haul over a mountain. These are things you can't experience in vanilla ATS, furthermore your game doesn't even have traffic and with the lower population of ATS? That makes interest even lower. I've submitted a feedback ticket and I hope other save editing enthusiasts also do so as well. If it wasn't for save editing and the challenge that could be had from it, I would have abandoned TMP and ATS once again long ago.

If you just look at the Workshop, the interest in editing and modding the game is real, it's a major part of the community. You've taken that ability away from players who wish to in a multiplayer setting. It's dissappointing and I hope you roll it back.

• Like 1

Just now, gusmax1 said:

The reality is this, and is that the vast majority of TMP players play more than 100, so, to continue in this line, begin to see how it is reducing the entry of players on their servers until they are practically empty.

oh im really keen on seeing speed hackers, or people who try to overtake with 0 tons trailer while you are going at the max speed

So how is this suppost to help out with trolling, bassicly the Arcade servers are literally EU4 and that server is dead, very dead, I my self have only been on it once or twice to check it out and I have not had any sort of joy on that server and now, two of them? Really? TBH, I dont think this will change much, as trolls are out for trolling people, otherwise they would already be on EU4. Tho i do like the concept of the simulation servers but i still want a server that would be a mixture of both the Arcade and sim servers like in War Thunder were they have a realistic, so there could maybe be a realistic that is simular to the current EU2 server, but sure, we will see how this will go, I have a feeling it wont help 

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

Just now, JELLE VTC - ELT39 - Owner said:

So how is this suppost to help out with trolling, bassicly the Arcade servers are literally EU4 and that server is dead, very dead, I my self have only been on it once or twice to check it out and I have not had any sort of joy on that server and now, two of them? Really? TBH, I dont think this will change much, as trolls are out for trolling people, otherwise they would already be on EU4. Tho i do like the concept of the simulation servers but i still want a server that would be a mixture of both the Arcade and sim servers like in War Thunder were they have a realistic, so there could maybe be a realistic that is simular to the current EU2 server, but sure, we will see how this will go, I have a feeling it wont help 

simply it wont. https://prnt.sc/o9rg4n 

this has been taken after the update of the rules.

1 minute ago, JELLE VTC - ELT39 - Owner said:

well said.

Has been ages since I last logged in the TMP Forums. After reaching to this info... I'll just copy paste the important part from my post from Facebook ;) 

"We are now focused on what the original ETS2MP project set out to do… To enhance trucking simulation as we know it."

DAMN, i thought i'd never see the day, go hard or go home. TruckersMP team: A small post only and just to say THANK YOU. Thank you, for finally realizing where it all began, what you aimed to achieve, and what it has unfortunately become. Thank you greatly for working towards a well needed change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheDuckThatFloats said:

oh im really keen on seeing speed hackers, or people who try to overtake with 0 tons trailer while you are going at the max speed

I repeat, the reality of this game is different, but it is the same, the TMP team will have to back down if they do not want their servers to be empty. Time to time

• Upvote 1

They have to understand that this is a game, there are many people who like to simulate, and many others who like to have fun. They should probably add a server equal to the old EU2 for other people. This having the server "Arcade" and that there are no collisions, it takes away all the desire to play one. If you want the game, take a simulation role, it seems perfect. But as we all know, this is a game, not real life, there are many other people who take the game to have fun with friends and laugh when someone has a silly accident. Excuse me, but I am not in favor of these changes being so. We need a server like the old EU2 and that there, only among people who like that kind of game. Remember, this is a game, not real life. And the purpose of a game is to enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

Hello,

I might have a question that might not be completely suitable for the feedback system, so I'm just going to ask it here first.

This is quite an extreme change, in my opinion, but I do understand why the team wants to implement this change.

The only thing is, I am not so sure if the community is really agreeing with this change. There are 2 very opposite types of players in this community, one that wants realism, and one that that is playing more for the fun and freedom you get in the game. You were able to see those opposites perfectly in the old europe 2 server. And you know what, that is exactly the reason europe 2 was the most popular, since you could choose what you wanted to do in the server.

The problem now is, that the so called *trolls* will still move to a different server. And you can be sure, that they choose a server with collision on.

You could see that immedietly after this change, every *troll* instanly moved to simulation 1. So.....nothing has changed really.

So, the rules are changed....alot. But the basic problems that I guess the truckersmp team is trying to solve, is not being fixed by this change. 

Again, I understand the change to focus more on realism, but this sudden change might have and extreme effect on the amount of players that will even join. It would have been nice if people actually knew this was going on in the background, or you could have even added a poll at some point. To actually see directly what the playerbase wants. This didn't happen as far as I know.

But well, I guess i'm just a normal player, that is on the brink of leaving. I have talked to some people, and I am not the only on that thinks this.

And yes I am going to send more information to the feedback system, but I just feel that this needs to get out there.

Happy Trucking ETS2

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, gusmax1 said:

I repeat, the reality of this game is different, but it is the same, the TMP team will have to back down if they do not want their servers to be empty. Time to time

well that is what i have tried to explain in my deleted reply.

2 minutes ago, MxRGabrieL said:

They have to understand that this is a game, there are many people who like to simulate, and many others who like to have fun. They should probably add a server equal to the old EU2 for other people. This having the server "Arcade" and that there are no collisions, it takes away all the desire to play one. If you want the game, take a simulation role, it seems perfect. But as we all know, this is a game, not real life, there are many other people who take the game to have fun with friends and laugh when someone has a silly accident. Excuse me, but I am not in favor of these changes being so. We need a server like the old EU2 and that there, only among people who like that kind of game. Remember, this is a game, not real life. And the purpose of a game is to enjoy it.

well said. adding an arcade server will not change things. it will be still empty and people would be trolling in simulation