Truck speed limiter option keeps turning back on

dragonslayingmaster1000

Question

I even have the setting in the config file set to 0 but every time I try to disable it in game it still turns back on. In singleplayer it stays off it's just a multiplayer issue. I didn't have a problem with this yesterday so could be a recent bug that came out I'm not sure. 

I'm not using external contacts and not on EU1 which I believe wouldn't even enable that setting forcefully it's just coded into TMP.

Update: It's a bug with only EU4 because they are removing the speed limiter completely there and the devs must have goofed. Going to report this as a bug.

• HaulieCry 1
  • True Story 1

7 answers to this question

Same here, trying to test-drive in EU#4 server to see if the speed limits have been actually removed and can't go faster than 90, the option in the gameplay settings keeps turning on by itself every time I turn it off.

EDIT: Tried going into EU#3 server, right after exiting EU#4 and I could reach 150 Km/h without any problems, same profile, same truck, same configuration (only in EU#3 or EU#2, the "Truck Speed Limiter" in the Gameplay settings appears un-ticked from the start).

• Like 1

Hello,

This may be more than one cause, please check the steps;

First of all, do not get the job called "External Contract", which limits your speed to 90 km / h.

Remove "Speed Limiter" from the TAB Menu.

The EU 1 Server limits your speed to 90 km / h.

Also, remove the Speed Limit from the game files.

Just open C:\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles\ and navigate into the folder of your current profile. Open 'config.cfg' with a Text Editor, search for the line "uset g_use_speed_limiter" and make sure to put a "0" next to it. Then save and close the config-file and check if your speed limiter keeps disabled now

Best regards.

Yes, this is normal because the multiplayer enables a 150 kph speed limiter on all servers on client side. That way every time you turn the setting off it will be shown as on again, but the limiter should be at 150 instead of 90 kph.

If the limiter is at 90 kph for you after you disable the limiter, please let us know so we can be of further assistance.

• HaulieLove 1

policeceptionsig.thumb.jpg.9ceaf39140d55cb4d0a6821e8ebbe3dd.jpg

38 minutes ago, [Mega Trans] CrystaL said:

Hello,

This may be more than one cause, please check the steps;

First of all, do not get the job called "External Contract", which limits your speed to 90 km / h.

Remove "Speed Limiter" from the TAB Menu.

The EU 1 Server limits your speed to 90 km / h.

Also, remove the Speed Limit from the game files.

Just open C:\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles\ and navigate into the folder of your current profile. Open 'config.cfg' with a Text Editor, search for the line "uset g_use_speed_limiter" and make sure to put a "0" next to it. Then save and close the config-file and check if your speed limiter keeps disabled now

Best regards.

None of those things are the case for me. I said my "truck speed limiter" setting, not the one on the TAB menu, keeps turning back on. 

23 minutes ago, flybel said:

Yes, this is normal because the multiplayer enables a 150 kph speed limiter on all servers on client side. That way every time you turn the setting off it will be shown as on again, but the limiter should be at 150 instead of 90 kph.

If the limiter is at 90 kph for you after you disable the limiter, please let us know so we can be of further assistance.

That's the exact problem for me but technically the limiter isn't even disabled because every time I turn it off it turns back on. As I said singleplayer is fine and the option stays off.

• True Story 1

21 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Same here, trying to test-drive in EU#4 server to see if the speed limits have been actually removed and can't go faster than 90, the option in the gameplay settings keeps turning on by itself every time I turn it off.

EDIT: Tried going into EU#3 server, right after exiting EU#4 and I could reach 150 Km/h without any problems, same profile, same truck, same configuration (only in EU#3 or EU#2, the "Truck Speed Limiter" in the Gameplay settings appears un-ticked from the start).

I was actually on EU4 as well testing that too. Must be a bug that came up while they were removing the speed limit. I'll make a bug report on it then. 

Edit: EU4 is gone anyway and the option doesn't stay enabled now on the new arcade servers so feel free to close this.

• Thanks 1

Hello There!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.
If you still have any questions about this, feel free to DM me or our support team members, we will open this again.
Thanks to all for participation!

//Locked and Moved to Inactive