New player and got rammed by veteran on purpose, is this normal in tmp?

iamtrucker

Hi,

I've been playing this game for about 3 weeks and I've been having a blast. I've been primarily playing ATS but I recently started ETS2.

I have a small starter truck and I'm trying to save money to buy better parts. I was driving today and this veteran player started honking at me for no apparent reason (I was doing everything right). Then he just cut me off and pushed my truck against the fence on purpose. This left my truck almost 50% damaged. Since I'm a new player this cost me around 16k euros, basically all the money I've been saving for the last 2 or 3 days of gameplay. Since I'm new I was not ready to video record it or submit proof of the incident and I guess that's what the veteran player thought. I'm very sad to see that there are these kinds of players in the game. Is this normal? Will I find a lot of rude players like that? If so, I guess it's better to just play solo?

Yup, there are MANY troll's in tmp, who use this game as a raceing game, and not as a truck sim. If u wanner play tmp, u better get a recorder installed, as u will get rammed, blocked, and much more.

So if u wanner keep it as a sim, single player is your best option.

And dont count on the in-game admins to help a whole lot ( my own long experience whit tmp )

If you’re in areas such as Calais, Duisburg and surround cities, it’s not uncommon to get rammed by either impatient or just plain bad drivers, It doesn’t matter if you drive the worlds slowest truck or the fastest truck out there. 

Its why why I would recommend as a new driver to either drive in more quieter parts of the map and keep doing more and more jobs to earn more do and money or if you have to stay in the busier areas, I would recommend doing the shortest jobs you can, that way you have less chance of losing money through being rammed. 

Also if your truck if damaged and you own that truck, you can open chat, press y on your keyboard, and then type /fix, which will remove the damage you have on your truck and reduce your repair bills, I personally on use the command if my truck is above 30% damaged as that’s when the engine can cut out. 

Ultimately though, if you avoid busy places and do frequent jobs to earn cash and do, you can upgrade your truck, buy trailers and be able to afford any repair bills in no time.

happy trucking!

Hey and welcome to TMP ^_^

Rather sadly, it is a somewhat common occurrence in game where people will purposefully ram or cause damage to other players on the map. Generally this is in really busy and crowded areas (Such as in Calais, Duisburg, Brussel, the Calais-Duisburg road), however it can happen anywhere, really. Of course, this is disappointing to see from some players.

What you can do to help punish these people is by reporting the rule breaking players in game (Press tab to bring up the player list, right click to bring up the cursor, click the player, click "Report player" then select your reasons and submit). Or the best option is to create web reports on users using an in game recorder and reporting on the website, guides for which can be found in the reporting section of the forums: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/107-reporting/ as web reports don't time out like some game reports might, these will always be reviewed after they get to the top of the queue.

Generally it's only a minority of players that cause issues in game, however I hope your experience in ETS2 improves and you continue enjoying TMP as you have been in ATS. :)

• Business Analyst

As a new player it is best to start in singeplayer. Build your company first. After a while you'll make more money than you spend. In TMP you should always expect to either cancel the delivery (12k fine) or delivering it with damaged cargo (reduced pay). You can fix your truck with the text option (use "Y" to open chat) "/fix" every ten minutes. If you're just starting out it can be really frustrating to get rammed off the road, because it leaves you with insane fines that you can definitely not pay as a new player.

Depending on where you drive, you will encounter many or few reckless drivers and/ or trolls.
Stay away from Calais-Duisburg at all costs. It might look attractive because of the many players there, but it unfortunately is the area where you will also find the most incapable, reckless and ignorant players.

My advice for your therefore is:
record, report, relax.

ALWAYS record your gameplay, as you can not predict what will happen.
Report perpetrators via the WEBSITE report system with your video evidence.
Relax and be ensured that your report and eventually the perpetrator will be taken care of.

Drive safely!

Yeah , as mentioned above. Your best bet is to avoid Calais-Duisburg area. I highly recommend hanging around Scandinavia or even The Baltic countries if you have the DLC. Trolls are much more rare there and I dont know why, Its probably the fact that the cities are a bit more spread out and more long haul drives happen. Trolls like short drives in highly populated areas.  Scandinavia tends to be a nicer alternative to get to the Baltic's (At least to me).  Granted these areas are not as populated but its not that bad and you should most definitely try it out, It almost feels like people there are a lot more simulation focused.

I hope you will continue to enjoy ETS

Best of Luck :D 

Thanks for the tips. I appreciate it. I didn't know /fix existed, I wish I knew before :) Anyway... one other related question if you don't mind: I see a lot of people don't respect the speed limits (it was probably why the guy was honking at me as I was going slower). Is it expected to just race as fast as you can in tmp?

3 hours ago, iamtrucker said:

Thanks for the tips. I appreciate it. I didn't know /fix existed, I wish I knew before :) Anyway... one other related question if you don't mind: I see a lot of people don't respect the speed limits (it was probably why the guy was honking at me as I was going slower). Is it expected to just race as fast as you can in tmp?

Of course not , ETS is a game that requires a lot of patience, something that a lot of people don't have on this game. Feel free to go the speed limit and ignore any honking. tbh I really appreciate people that go the realistic route of not treating the game as a race. A lot of the time these people tend to get salty about being overtaken and straight up ram you for no reason. You'll eventually  develop some hardcore reflexes playing this game xD 

And of course if you feel like speeding down the motorway because you may be in a hurry, that's also fine :D 

9 hours ago, iamtrucker said:

Is it expected to just race as fast as you can in tmp?

Sometimes I come to think that this is exactly what's happening, specially in EU#2 server. Most players seem to believe that since there are vehicles and roads, TMP is about going as fast as they can, overtake everyone they see. The word Simulator in the names of both games (ETS2 and ATS) is blatantly ignored by most of the playerbase in that server. Just yesterday, I drove a bit over 2500 Km and only saw 2-3 other players driving at reasonable speeds, keeping their lanes, using indicators, stopping at red lights, etc. All others were going just pedal to the metal, all over the road to overtake using whatever gap they could find... I was rammed at least 4 times and almost rammed (I've learned to avoid most idiots who can't drive properly) another 8-10 times.

So it's not about veterans hunting novices or vice versa, it's about bad players and good players. Good ones stick to the rules and even if they go fast, they know how to not hit others. Bad ones don't understand (or don't give a ****) what this game is about and will just race everywhere destroying everything (and everyone) that "bothers" them.

TMP players have a lot of questionable attitude and unwarranted self importance, however this is not always the case but it seems that those we remember the most are impatient and must get past at all costs. 

My stream is on my game side profile and although I may not be the best Driver on ETS2MP I have seen many many worse than me, many are probably playing with keys which doesn't help.

Driving is tactile and ETS2 IS NOT GTA 

if you want a pleasant drive join me in SOUTHAMPTON on Saturday on EU1 server 

17 hours ago, iamtrucker said:

I see a lot of people don't respect the speed limits (it was probably why the guy was honking at me as I was going slower). Is it expected to just race as fast as you can in tmp?

You and all other players are expected to enjoy yourself.
Some players however fail to grasp that their freedom ends where another players freedom starts. If a player enjoys to drive at excessive speeds (which is not a violation of the rules  per se) he/ she is allowed to do so as long as he/ she respects the game rules and other players.
From a simulator perspective, driving a truck at e.g. 150kph is unrealistic and to me beyond any understanding.
I regard driving at such speed as reckless, as the driver intentionally accepts the (higher) risk of causing an accident, which IMO meets the requirement of §2.5 "Driving in such a way that is considered unsafe and that puts other people in danger, [...]". But maybe that is just me being annoyed...

1 hour ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

You and all other players are expected to enjoy yourself.
Some players however fail to grasp that their freedom ends where another players freedom starts. If a player enjoys to drive at excessive speeds (which is not a violation of the rules  per se) he/ she is allowed to do so as long as he/ she respects the game rules and other players.
From a simulator perspective, driving a truck at e.g. 150kph is unrealistic and to me beyond any understanding.
I regard driving at such speed as reckless, as the driver intentionally accepts the (higher) risk of causing an accident, which IMO meets the requirement of §2.5 "Driving in such a way that is considered unsafe and that puts other people in danger, [...]". But maybe that is just me being annoyed...

Oh you should have seen the debate on the TMP face book.  

You're quite within your rights to get more than a bit salty when players show no regard for other players.  CD for example is 60km/h limit.  I stick at that  (within 10km/h) and if I'm cruising at 60, anyone else can wait as you shouldn't be overtaking.  If you overtake i will back off but don't expect me to speed up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2019 at 9:55 PM, swiftyniko said:

Yeah , as mentioned above. Your best bet is to avoid Calais-Duisburg area. I highly recommend hanging around Scandinavia or even The Baltic countries if you have the DLC. Trolls are much more rare there and I dont know why, Its probably the fact that the cities are a bit more spread out and more long haul drives happen. Trolls like short drives in highly populated areas.  Scandinavia tends to be a nicer alternative to get to the Baltic's (At least to me).  Granted these areas are not as populated but its not that bad and you should most definitely try it out, It almost feels like people there are a lot more simulation focused.

I hope you will continue to enjoy ETS

Best of Luck :D

I think that every DLC area except Going East is suitable for peaceful driving away from trolls. I prefer Italia which seems to me the most beautiful DLC.

But a bit of chaos may be something funny after seeing one truck per 5 minutes.

If you plan on playing with a brand new profile go full SinglePlayer. Multiplayer is not made for roleplay especially at this stage, maybe in time things will change ( i dough it tho ).

Multiplayer is for when you want to play with friends or when you want high traffic but not when you want to grind for a better truck or more money in your bank account,
And yes, it's really sad to see people ramming each other especially when they are veterans...

I've had the same problem mutiple times as a player that has been on TMP for 2 years or so. The best thing next time to record and make a report on the TMP website. Cause if you do not have evidence and you get banned because the person that cut u off is nowhere in sight, i've been banned before because of that reason. 

If i where you i would record from now on. Its the best thing to do. I hope this helped you out a bit and stay safe on the road! :)

Archived