[ATS] Trailer Stablility forsed to 100%???

TTV_Addict2SimsQc

Hi,

Me and my friends have noticed that the trailer stability setting is forced to 100%....

Why the hell is it so?

That screws pretty much all the challenge of driving, and removing this amazing new feature kills the realism ov the game...

Me and my friends are pretty pissed off about that, and I really hope it could be brough back sometime soon...

Best regards

On 7/1/2019 at 7:58 PM, TheCreepyTruckr said:

I believe it's just a UI glitch.  Whenever I change the stability settings via console it doesn't show in the menu but my suspension settings do change since my truck and trailer are quite easy to roll over.

For me UI reflects any changes made by console commands, but keep in mind it will only reflect values in certain range. I have made post about it somewhere after 1.35 update. For both truck and trailer stability, UI slider goes from 0 to 0,5, with 0,5 being default.

I would remind you all about this rule:

§2.1 - Hacking/Bug/Feature abusing - PERMANENT BAN

Using any kind of tool to change gameplay, including but not limited to using the in-game console, trainers or cheat engine in order to bypass the speed limiter, to jump hack, no collision hack or anything similar. Misusing features such as the ghost mode to cause damage to others or similar.

Using any kind of tool to change gameplay, including but not limited to using the in-game console    Just reminding you that you shouldent change suspension or trailer stability in the console. or anything else with the console. If a setting cant be changed via the games options you shouldent use the console to change them. Now if you set them between the default values 0-1 then its usually not a problem but this is to make sure that people dont set their settings to crazy values to make them do crazy stuff in game. Also because we dont want other people to see you drive around with it. so if you set a setting to 11 instead of 1 and dont realize it you could end up with a permanent ban.  But i am sure we are not forcing a trailer stability. If you can change it in the game settings you are allowed to do so.

8 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

If a setting cant be changed via the games options you shouldent use the console to change them.

That's the thing, since 1.35, truck stability, trailer stability, suspension stiffness, cabin suspension stiffness, can be changed from the game options, in previous versions it was only the trailer stability. And using the console should only be forbidden to go past the default maximum values. The ranges are 0-0.5 or 0-1.0 for these parameters, using the console to set stability at exactly 0.2 instead of "guessing" with the slider should be no problems The problem is those people who use the console to set stability values of 2.0, 3.0 or higher... Only to be able to drive full speed everywhere without their vehicles tipping over.

Myself, I've got all stability/suspensions at 50% of their default values, the truck "feels" better that way.

Made this crude picture real quick to show the range of values for each setting you should only ever use with console commands: 

(default values are on the right side, except for braking intensity, which is 1.0, same as in the picture)

20190711165448_1.jpg.cfed48e3d70ce1fb97f8f246854eff49.jpg

(picture showing my preffered settings - brakes 1.0, stability 0.0 and suspension 0.3)

Note that some values ranges and defaults have changed since 1.34 and are different in 1.35  (namely the top three), so they can be changed in the future game updates.

What I have said in earlier post is no longer true, now I am also affected by this visual bug, but only for trailer stability setting. I can drag the slider to the left, return back to main menu, but going back into the gameplay settings would show the slider back to the right, this does not occur in singleplayer. When typing in the console g_trailer_stability (without specifying value) it will return current value "g_trailer_stability" is: "0" default: "0.5" . You can check all the settings this way.

Oh, and cabin suspension  is only for ETS2, American trucks, presumably, don't have independent cabin suspensions, at least not any currently available in the game.

15 hours ago, Rubberduck665 said:

American trucks do have independent cab suspension, its just not modeled ingame at all. ;)

Really, you are right, I have looked up some vids, but they are only showing pair of air bags at the back, how about front end, is it suspended too, and is air suspension common for day cabs? 

In the game, there are actually air bags modeled on some trucks,  seems they don't work yet. You can see them at the back of all cabs on T680, and sleeper cabs of Pete 389.

1 hour ago, Granite said:

Really, you are right, I have looked up some vids, but they are only showing pair of air bags at the back, how about front end, is it suspended too, and is air suspension common for day cabs? 

In the game, there are actually air bags modeled on some trucks,  seems they don't work yet. You can see them at the back of all cabs on T680, and sleeper cabs of Pete 389.

I think the front end is kinda just hinged. ( I work on buses in Real life) Yes, there is air suspension on daycabs too, i used to drive(in real life of course ;) one daycab that had cab air suspension, and another that didn't, only had a rubber mount.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There;

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me.  

//Moved to Archive

Archived