Best sites to use for keeping evidence available

There are many sites you can use, however, some sites cannot be accessed by every country, So I decided to offer a few of the best sites I have found.

VIDEO EVIDENCE

YOUTUBE.COM

YouTube is used a lot of the time, however, it is very easy for someone to get your video taken down after reporting it for whatever reason they can think of. If there is music on your evidence, this could also affect your evidence as any report containing offensive words over CB may be muted due to copyright.

STREAMABLE.COM

Streamable is a really good upload site that keeps your files until you decide to remove them. Music is accepted on this upload site and it can be accessed from all countries. There is a length limit however, so it's useful for uploading clips to more than full videos.

VIMEO.COM

Vimeo is not the best, but it can be used to host your evidence. Some people have had issues of their videos being muted in some countries when videos contain music, much like YouTube does.

PHOTO EVIDENCE

There are many sites you can use, however, some sites cannot be accessed by every country, So I decided to offer a few of the best sites I have found.

IMGUR.COM

Imgur is used a lot of the time and is one of the best image hosting sites out there.

PHOTOBUCKET.COM

PhotoBucket is not the best image host, however, it does the job you need it to do, which is to show an image to another person.

THINGS TO REMEMBER

Sites that require you to download videos or images will not be accepted as the evidence you provide has to be available to both parties and the game moderators do not want to be downloading anything as it may not be safe so make sure your evidence can be viewed online with a web link.

DO YOU KNOW ANY OTHER SITES? COMMENT BELOW!

• Like 3

You can always upload to Google Drive and share a direct link to whoever you want, 

Right-click your file, Click SHARE then press "advanced" in the bottom right corner and change it to "anyone who has the link can view" then copy that link and shabam its there aslong as you dont delete it.

• Upvote 1

plates.png.7c439891de203ef73a0bdc85d0fd3423.png

• 3 months later...
On 7/2/2019 at 5:15 PM, Wyattlg02 said:

You can always upload to Google Drive and share a direct link to whoever you want, 

Right-click your file, Click SHARE then press "advanced" in the bottom right corner and change it to "anyone who has the link can view" then copy that link and shabam its there aslong as you dont delete it.

That is true but each google account has it's storage limitations (Free it's 15 GB limit). You have to keep your evidence available for the full duration of the ban plus 1 month and you may have other videos you need to squeeze into that 15 GB. I used to use google drive then I switched to YouTube because of that limitation. Also if I have copyrighted music in there, I'll mute the audio, the game moderators don't require it unless of course it's CB abuse.

~ TheDarkAngel7 ~

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Streamable shouldn't be used for archiving anymore. They have changed their system, and will delete videos after x amount of time passes (Unless you upgrade /paid/)

As for Plays.tv - they are dead. They are now called medal.tv   -  The old videos are gone of course, and you can't use your existing account either

5 hours ago, HUNjozsi said:

Streamable shouldn't be used for archiving anymore. They have changed their system, and will delete videos after x amount of time passes (Unless you upgrade /paid/)

As for Plays.tv - they are dead. They are now called medal.tv   -  The old videos are gone of course, and you can't use your existing account either

Thanks for the updates.

• Like 1

GENERAL MANAGER - GCEE

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello @Midnight Trucker

Thanks for your guide.

At the moment your guide is outdated, as plays.tv no longer exists and was replaced by Medal.

Please would you be able to update your guide so it no longer mentions plays.tv (and perhaps also mentions Medal instead), otherwise I may have to edit your guide.

- Phon

- TruckersMP Community Manager