Yellow vests are now ingame lol

Dubbeledraaideur [NL]

I do not know if someone already noticed it, I searched for person on road and yellow vests, but could not find about this, also there was a picture topic somewhere and I cannot find it so mod please move this topic, if it is not in the correct forum.

Ok well after almost 1.5 years away from this game, because such is life. I decided to pick this game up again for the coming days.
Guess what, I started to drive from Luxembourg to Austria and then I noticed this guy:

yellow-vests.png

I have driven that road before 1.5 years ago, but I never saw a yellow vest there.
So as I was on the noob server (server 4) and nobody was around, I decided to do a little carmageddon... (if you do not know what carmageddon is, it is just the most laughable racing game ever created XD )
Aaannndd my truck smashed hahaha (should have known they would not be run down as they are just ingame objects)

So a little warning for you guys, this yellow vest is on the A4 from Metz to Strasbourg, and will smash your truck, if you try to chase him away.
Just like they did in real life on the TV.....
But only there is 1 of them..... 
With the power of destroying fleets of trucks....

Ow and I did not report this to SCS, then I need to find the coordinates where that guy is located, that means more searching how to get those coordinates via the command console and I am too lazy to do that. I had a laugh and I am done with it

This is part of the "random road events" feature added in one of the game updates not too long ago. This feature is not synchronized, meaning, only you will see it, should you come across them, other users will see clear road. 

These events may consist narrowed road, or some vehicles parked on the side, which will be invisible due to changes by truckersmp, but hitboxes will be present. Most likely you smashed into one of these invisible vehicles.

There is slider in game settings

This is part of the "random road events" feature added in one of the game updates not too long ago. This feature is not synchronized, meaning, only you will see it, should you come across them, other users will see clear road. 

These events may consist of narrowed road, or some vehicles parked on the side, which will be invisible due to changes by truckersmp, but hitboxes will be present. Most likely you smashed into one of these invisible vehicles.

There is slider in gameplay options called "random road events", I highly recommend setting it all the way to the left to disable this, as it can lead to collision with other players, possibly resulting in your ban.

11 hours ago, Granite said:

These events may consist narrowed road, or some vehicles parked on the side, which will be invisible due to changes by truckersmp, but hitboxes will be present. Most likely you smashed into one of these invisible vehicles.

These events may consist of narrowed road, or some vehicles parked on the side, which will be invisible due to changes by truckersmp, but hitboxes will be present. Most likely you smashed into one of these invisible vehicles.

There is slider in gameplay options called "random road events", I highly recommend setting it all the way to the left to disable this, as it can lead to collision with other players, possibly resulting in your ban.

I didn't know that yet. Thanks.

284174119_role_VeteranI.png.f09bfbb8fe2a

license plate: JVERKEL

14 hours ago, Granite said:

This was very helpful thank you :)

19 hours ago, Granite said:

Best advice ever, I have mine disabled and not had any issues. I've been a victim of someone who has them on and it ain't pretty!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There;

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me.  

//Moved to Archive

Archived