[1.35] Vehicle Collision Physics & Players' Blue Dot on GPS

Aciel

Hello all,

I'm here about how vehicles collide into each other doesn't make sense after ETS2 1.35 update. They were much much better before I'm 1.34.x. Compare both and you'll know.

I'm sure others have encountered these accidents:

1. Where you drive the others and the one who is being driven through goes flying.
  2. Two trucks collide and one goes flying, where both are driving very slow (~15KM/s).
  3. Trucks+Trailers flying in the safe zones.

And secondly, I don't like how the Players Blue Dot appears on the GPS after TMP 0.2.6.6.1. They show as smudged semi-transparent, when there are a lot of these dots they glow weirdly and block the GPS's Navigation Path (Red line with green arrows). Kindly change it back how it was before.

Player Dot Comparison:

YOw9Cgb.png

What do you guys have to say about these two issues I mentioned. Share you thoughts below.

Regards~

Well its Euro Truck Simulator, its just a Truck Simulation game. it aint like BeamNG drive or any racing game. Well i guess ETS2 needs to fix the problem that u CAN go through players because i always carry a triple container trailer and when cars and trucks trying to overtake they mostly fail and hit my trailer and i go FLYING INTO THE skies.

And trucks and trailers flying in safe zones?! Probably the guys that haves triple log/container trailers. 

4 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Regarding your second point, you know that you can turn off those player icons on the GPS map in the TAB options.
That will solve your issue with blocked navigation paths.

That is true, but then it's hard to see traffic and other players. The old blue dot was perfect, I hope they bring it back.

22 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Have you ever tried to use your eyes and look out of your windows to spot other road traffic instead of relying on icons on a GPS map?
Just wondering...
Turning off those icons on the GPS map makes driving so much more realistic.

I use the GPS dots every time when I'm going to overtake.
I wanna know if it will be a risky overtake, so that I can react in normal time.
With a look on the road it is often too late to react that I will have to evade the oncoming traffic -> crash/ramming.

That vehicles are commiting flight simulator when colliding is simply because the new physics in 1.35. You have more options now to set your suspension or cabin stability, as example. Depending on how these are set, the vehicles are more interacting while collide. The Other point with the flying slave trailers is probably an issue of TMP. I guess SCS changed the defs or config of the slave trailers, so the old codes of tmp doesn't attach to them correctly anymore and these needs to be updated. But I think the Devs are  aware of it and are on to fix that issue. The colliding issue can't be fixed, atleast I think so.

6 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Have you ever tried to use your eyes and look out of your windows to spot other road traffic instead of relying on icons on a GPS map?
Just wondering...
Turning off those icons on the GPS map makes driving so much more realistic.

Agree.

6 hours ago, Aciel said:

Hello all,

I'm here about how vehicles collide into each other doesn't make sense after ETS2 1.35 update. They were much much better before I'm 1.34.x. Compare both and you'll know.

I'm sure others have encountered these accidents:

1. Where you drive the others and the one who is being driven through goes flying.
  2. Two trucks collide and one goes flying, where both are driving very slow (~15KM/s).
  3. Trucks+Trailers flying in the safe zones.

And secondly, I don't like how the Players Blue Dot appears on the GPS after TMP 0.2.6.6.1. They show as smudged semi-transparent, when there are a lot of these dots they glow weirdly and block the GPS's Navigation Path (Red line with green arrows). Kindly change it back how it was before.

Player Dot Comparison:

YOw9Cgb.png

What do you guys have to say about these two issues I mentioned. Share you thoughts below.

Regards~

I think the TMP developers can't solve this problem, SCS has to do that.

284174119_role_VeteranI.png.f09bfbb8fe2a

license plate: JVERKEL

49 minutes ago, Koneko_ said:

That vehicles are commiting flight simulator when colliding is simply because the new physics in 1.35. You have more options now to set your suspension or cabin stability, as example. Depending on how these are set, the vehicles are more interacting while collide. The Other point with the flying slave trailers is probably an issue of TMP. I guess SCS changed the defs or config of the slave trailers, so the old codes of tmp doesn't attach to them correctly anymore and these needs to be updated. But I think the Devs are  aware of it and are on to fix that issue. The colliding issue can't be fixed, atleast I think so.

New colliding Physics are very bad when you play in TMP, because where you're suppose to turn over or swing, you go flying :wacko:

SCS need to fix this then.

Collisions are now even more wacky due to changes in physics in 1.35, the problem is, perpetrators now sometimes fly into oblivion before I can catch their names on video.

Are we also talking abut this? Because I see this a lot now in both games, never happened before 1.35:

As for the player dots in route advisor, I don't have any issue with that, you can see how the look like in the video above, though I have modified the colors slightly some time ago.

7 hours ago, shaaka said:

for me no problem with gps navigation

cc.png

Mine were like this before 1.34.x, it was perfect.

6 hours ago, Seanster said:

I had the blue dot problem, all my graphics had reset to low for some reason.

Change you settings a little and see if that helps.

I'll give it a try next time I go play.

2 minutes ago, ZuZuFlash said:

it is need much more work for realistic game!

That is what I'm talking about. He rammed from the side and the recorder went flying.

On 6/28/2019 at 6:25 PM, Aciel said:

New colliding Physics are very bad when you play in TMP, because where you're suppose to turn over or swing, you go flying :wacko:

SCS need to fix this then.

I don't think SCS will fix this since the MP is not an feature from SCS itself. I can't say if the developers of tmp can do anything about it, but I think it would be appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there, 

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me. :) 

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Languages/Diller:  tr.gif (primary)gb.gif 

Useful Links/Önemli Bağlantılar: TruckersMP Rules/Kuralları | Recrutiment/İşe alım | Knowledge-base/Bilgi bankası  | Forum Warning System/Uyarı Sistemi: [TR] [ENG] 

Archived