Best Processor Manufacture? Intel or AMD

shed_y

Intel is the best for gaming but their price are higher than AMD.

AMD is slower than intel but cheaper and not overpriced.

Intel is the best

Since I've never had AMD, I've always had Intel, so I say from experience, I prefer Intel because it's a good, strong processor that satisfies me... ;) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My first desktop had an AMD Phenom 2 X4 965 processor, it was used for gaming and Minecraft server hosting (Yes, I know, Minecraft.. But, it was back in 2009/2010 :) Currently my dad is using this pc.

After the Phenom, I tried Intel (Intel core I7 4770K) it ran fine.

THEN, AMD Ryzen came out, and I upgraded to the 1800X (yes, it had some problems, but so does so many other brand spanking new things have :) ) The 1800X ran fine for streaming and a little video editing. 

I then upgraded to the 2700X (Not exactly a big jump, but I wanted to support AMD all I could, to help them get some competition to the CPU market) With the 2700X a saw a little uplift in gaming performance (Nothing compared to the jump that was about to come :D

2700X and 1800X were used with the same motherboard: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon X370 (AM4) And AM4 will be with us for quite a while :D 

NOW, I'm on the 3900X and holy moly, that CPU is an absolute beast :D Euro Truck MP + x264 game streaming to twitch, the mostly runs at 15-20 % load :) and yes, with the 3900X I changed motherboard to the X570 chipset (Mostly because of power delivery on an X370, would probably have been a little overworked with the 12 core 3900X)

And also, my dad needed an upgrade, so he bought my X370 motherboard, and the 2700X CPU :) (A long awaited upgrade :D)

So, all in all, I'm staying with AMD and Ryzen :)

Yes, if you ONLY want to game, then sure, Intel is better (But is also more expensive) So, if you absolutely don't NEED the best of the best, try with some of the lower core count Ryzen 3000 CPU's, or maybe save more money, and even buy a used Ryzen 2000 pc :)

And, if your doing more than just gaming, maybe some Photoshop/Streaming or maybe video editing (YouTube) then Ryzen sure won't let you down :)

Best Regards

General18

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the somewhat late reply but as a computer nerd I have been using intel ever since I got my first computer, an old HP desktop! Intel Celeron that was. Now I have an intel-i5 8400! Brilliant CPU.

team_team-veteran2.png.7addb7035d220bbdb3381dc051b65869.png.8ececf112fadf55c4a71f39a3a4eee78.png Since May 2015Discord: Shaun#4513

Community Member since May 17th, 2015. 

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND.

Cloofter/Shaun.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always been using Intel and it seems that a lot of people thing intel is STILL the best in gaming. The thing is since the new ryzen 3 proccessors intel is not. This has multiple reasons.
1. The performence for single core is beter with intel but more and more games are getting better performance with more cores these days. And since intel has not a lot of cores amd is since the latest ryzen 3 with the zen 2 architectur.

2. As I said more and more games are getting better performence with more cores these days. So later you want to upgrade to a cpu with more cores and a good clock speed. And with intel the max cores is 8 cores with 16 threads. With amd the max is 16 cores and 32 threads.

3. Amd might be a little more expensive than intel but with the performence difference you get its worth it excpecely if you overclock your cpu + dram if your motherboard supports it.

This is what I've found while doing my research and testing my Intel and Amd cpu.

spacer.png3

• 4 weeks later...

Now there is little difference between the two. AMD has advantages in multi-tasking and multi-core. Intel has an advantage in the number of frames and single core. I like it personally. Players often use i7-8700K, i7-9700K, i5-9400F, i9-9900K; 3600X, 3700X, 3800X, 2600X. As for graphics cards. The 750ti and 1060 in 2016 are actually the most economically prosperous 1080ti or even Titan XP. Now 20 series of graphics cards are not worth buying, 1080ti and 2080 run points to see each other win or lose. If the pursuit of 20 series, it is not as good as Titan RTX or 2080ti once in place.

Kind regards,
Xiao Wei_TMP
With that being said, have a nice day。

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived