Best truck (specs) for heavy cargo

Jeroen

• Business Analyst

Interesting, didn't know the Scania was so good for heavy trucking! I've just used my Volvo FH16C Globetrotter XL as a kind of allrounder.

Now bought Scania S High Roof, 8x4, 730 pk, 3.500 Nm / 1.000-1.400 rpm, Opticruise GRSO 925R.

Based on the stats this should be a heavy cargo monster :D

22 hours ago, RazvyRazvan15 said:

Hello!

I use the Volvo FH12 EURO 6 750HP and the 6x4 axis. 

Unless you use mods and play singleplayer, your vehicle don't exist, even in real life.

You probably wanted to say "I use Volvo FH16 EURO5 750HP 6x4"

1 hour ago, BustyChicksFTW said:

I'm confused as how people are praising Scania with Volvo FH16 around. Sure Scania S has better maneuverability when transporting heavy cargo, but the Volvo can truck at 150 with some pretty heavy loads.

There is so much wrong in this sentence, that I can't explain any further.

If I want to be able to haul anything, without switching truck, I use something like Scania S520 in 6x4 long with 12+2 gearbox with retarder, or similar setup for other brands. Just avoid using 4x2 with those long rear steer lowdeck trailers, because you can get stuck on terrain in certain areas, namely those dirt road ramps in some dlc quarries. If I ever want to commit only to this type of trailers, or when they will become officially ownable, only then I will use 8x4 chassis. It still amuses me seeing people pulling single axle trailers with 8x4 trucks.

I have a fleet of different trucks in SP (with alot of oversize trailer mods) and MP depending on what I'm planning to haul. (Special transports, very heavy, medium heavy, flatbed oversize, long loads,...) But in MP I mostly use the Man TGX 640hp 8x4 with the 16 gears and retarder for the heaviest loads.

It's not about horsepowers, it's all about the gearbox (amount of gears) and how much torque your truck can give at certain RPM's. You don't need the highest amount of HP. A 750 hp truck is useless with an 6 or 8 speed tranny for heavy hauls.

It also kinda depends on your setup you are driving with.

EG: I have G27 with a SKRS so I shift all 16 (or 14 depending on the truck and tranny) gears manually, which is best for heavy hauling, especially in hilly or offroad terrain.

Chassis wise, you have different options IMO: 8x4, 6x4 or even 6x2 with tag axle.

So short, it depends on what you haul (weight wise), where you haul (terrain wise), and what setup you are using.

The best for me is Scania 8x4 730hp with Opticruise GRS 905R Transmission (12+2 with retarder). For Volvo, i dont really enjoy the gearbox.

But when its about enjoying challenge (or suffering), its either Scania 4x2 370hp 12+2 Gear or Iveco 4x2 with its 310hp 16 Gear. And like Granite said, 4x2 chasis will get stuck in dirt road alot, thats why i use Iveco model for paved road only.

BMmFf50.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived