Bellingham logging trail

Space Night

As yet I have not driven the BLT in ATSMP however i can see it being a problem, so although we're not allowed to use pilot cars to convoy traffic due to 2.7

§2.7 - Inappropriate Convoy Management / Car Abuse

Convoy pilots are not permitted to slow down, block or control traffic, acting as a moderator and otherwise abusing the pilot scheme paint job. You are not permitted to take a convoy into highly populated area intentionally. This can include (but is not limited to) Calais, Duisburg, Calais-Duisburg road or surrounding areas.

however its narrowness however is going to be a problem and as it is so twisty, you have to swap sides to ensure your trailer does not go over the edge of the trail which in some cases will mean you may be dragged over the edge.  Therefire I doubt it is going to be wide enough for 2 trucks to safely pass, as such I am thinking that this road needs its own set of rules, and perhaps 6 in 6 out needs to be applied so that the road does not look wide enough for 2 trucks, and given the standard of driving that some, though not all, seem to display.  question is, how are TMP going to deal with this road?  

Loaded trailers have priority perhaps? 

We have a doubles restriction currently in ETS, now the narrowness of this road i think will require a kick zone for doubles as there is bound to be someone who will try to take one along the trail, something for the TMP team to deal have a look at. 

I actually went up and down both the main road and back road to the Deepgrove location several times yesterday and it was running fairly smooth all things considered.  The back road was a bit of a crapshoot with no marshaling happening but the main road was being watched by staff and most people were playing ball.  It was slow going to be sure, but it was working.

The greatest issue was the lack of NCZ at the prefab.  I personally was forced to wait several minutes for a truck to come get it's trailer so I could load mine, had to wait for one truck to load, only to get line jumped by another, only to have someone else pull in the wrong way and plug up the spot, only to have someone's freight market trailer spawn in the spot all while I was trying to back in or waiting in line.  Which just makes the traffic back up even deeper coming in to the prefab.

While I know TMP isn't keen to have any unnecessary mods in place, I also would think properly opening the northern route from Bellingham to the DG site would be very, very useful.  Even if they don't make the route appear on the map, just making it easier to access without getting stuck or making trucks in both directions jump the sidewalk in town to get around the barrier would make that route (that people are absolutely going to use) much "safer" and help prevent stuck trucks having to F7 out of the way.

Personally, I think making one route up and one route down would be a good idea until the new wears off at least.  If I was asked, I'd probably suggest making the southern route the route in and the northern route the route down from the site just do to the job selection trigger's location.  If the trigger could be moved, I'd reverse the routes.  This would alleviate a lot of congestion for obvious reasons.

Finally, I kind of feel like some trailers and loads have no reason to be on these roads.  Transformers, turnpike doubles, cars with caravans...  Nah.  It's busy enough as it is without tourists and people doing some inane "challenge" for their twitch channel.

I'll say this though, those runs up and down on the logging roads were the most enjoyment I've ever gotten out of a session in MP, alone or with friends.  In no small part due to the efforts of (I think it was) XxB3AsTxX_TMP so thanks for that, but that area and the effort and patience it takes to get in and out unscathed make a successful delivery pretty satisfying.

They there bud thanks for the kind words! <3 

So my thoughts on this road is that yes it's more then likely the busiest roads and location in ATS. The number of reports and amount of traffic that goes up and down that mountain is crazy. 
No complaints tho because it keeps me busy and the viewers in my stream generally enjoy seeing me work the mountain. When people listen to my directions, the flow of traffic is nearly flawless.

But of course there are those select few that don't listen. It's that group that cause all the holdups. But please do keep up the good work and continue to follow the rules  

647122462_NewBanner.jpg.82c9c4d67a006b4db2f6122ce7c100b1.jpg

Ever since truckersmp supported washington dlc I've been going up and down this road all the time. It's really fun to drive on a very narrow road with other players. It really has become the new CD road of ATSMP which is great because it finally brings people back to this game which is usually empty and boring in multiplayer. I hope people stay and the dlc doesn't die off like new mexico and oregon dlc did in just 1-2 weeks.

Anyway, about my experience here. Most of the people getting stuck just underestimate the amount of room they need to make a tight turn or not paying attention to oncoming traffic. It's possible to get every trailer in the game around this road unless insanely modified because I heard there was someone the other day with 3 transformer trailers which is certainly not allowed and would be impossible to get around those corners. I rarely get stuck on that road myself and if I do get fully stuck I don't just sit there blocking the whole road I actually load a previous save or f7 unlike many people. Also people really need to stop overtaking on this road. I saw someone the other day doing it and they had to reverse all the way to the back of the traffic jam to get out of my way.

To help people out I made a guide on the forum which you may have seen.

unfortunately I probably wont be on that road in ATSMP, my single truckprobably is not suitible for it, she's a 6x2 with a non-lifting axle so im likely to get stuck on a regular basis.  I tried the Road in SP with a dolly trailer.  getting up with a log float is a little bit easier, not so with a low-boy.

On 6/26/2019 at 2:03 PM, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

It really has become the new CD road of ATSMP

lets hope it doesn't have the mentality of the CD road though, it needs an Admin on there whenever there are people on the game, as even with a log float people will need to be more patient as sometimes you may get stuck and if someone is riding your bumper you won't be able to back up to get unstuck.

@dragonslayingmast The comment that 3 Triple transformer trailers is NOT illegal in TMP is incorrect if your read the rules & they are to there spec's, but yes that road is not possible to maneuver such a beast with the switchbacks that are there. Every mountain road that was logging or coal in the real world, was marked with numbers or nick names every so often so that truckers could call out on the CB (loaded coming down at ___, or loaded coming up at ____) that would be a big help in this situation as that would give others a chance to get a wide spot to allow them to get by. But LOAEDED trucks ALWAYS have the right of way at least in the real world. It would be nice if TMP were able to somehow implement such a system, but the difference in languages would also play an issue in some situations. No matter unless there is someone with a TMP badge non will seem to listen, I sat there for 45 Min. before Beast got thee trying to assist in chat & on the CB with no effect. Lol 

Happy & safe trucking all!! :D

I believe the only thing needed for this road is common sense, heavy/oversized loads should have priority, especially on bends or corners.

The road itself doesn't need changing, many people are always 'nagging' for these sorts of roads, it is populated now as it is a new DLC, however months down the line it will more than likely get quieter.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There;

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me.  

//Moved to Archive

Archived