Allow using custom navigation voice mods

Redssu

Recently, SCS released patch 1.35. This patch added the voice navigation, so you can use voices from list in settings.

However, many languages are not supported. Community found a way to make new voices - recording voice actors, google maps voice and releasing it as voice mods.

Is the problem solved? No.

Why? Because TruckersMP doesn't allow mods like new navigation sounds.

I saw this suggestion https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/85801-custom-voice-navigation-mods/, but I don't understand the moderator's answer in it;

Your suggestion:

Add mod *:
Generally, we don't add 3rd party mods except for aesthetic ones, this is because map mods bring a whole lot of different issues that we necessarily can't handle.(...)

Since this should answer your suggestion I will close this topic. If you have any questions about this, feel free to let me know

//Rejected

Okay, but aren't sound mods aesthetic ones? It isn't map mod, trailer mod, truck mod etc. Sounds from sound mods are only for local player, they don't affect the gameplay for other players, so why TruckersMP devs can't add it?

To be clear, I don't want to add all custom voices that community made to TruckersMP. I want to allow use mods that adds custom voice. 

Suggestion Name: Allow using custom navigation voice mods

Suggestion Description: Allow using custom navigation voice mods while playing on TruckersMP

Any example images: -

Why should it be added?: It should be added, because we want to have navigation voice in our native language that SCS doesn't support. 

• Upvote 9
  • HaulieLove 2
  • Woah! 1

• 7 months later...

We don't really see the need of adding this, as well as the fact we don't even know if this is possible to do in the current structure of our mod. If this would have been a highly requested mod, like the wintermod was, we would have looked for a way to implement this. However, the more mods we add, the more chance of our servers crashing whenever a mod changes, and thus will become incompatible with the version of our own mod. The part you quoted from the Frequently Suggested Things topic still stands, regardless of the above being a sound mod or not. Mods are mods, and we currently can't support many more mods than we already do.

Rejected.

• Thanks 1

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions