Can i have a word with the person who thought it was a great idea to add cars?

Taract

Cars aren't made for this game, the physics are much different compared to trucks and it is even harder to get them in an acceptable balance for a truck game. The cars were planned for admins only, but we got the opportunity to use it too. Instead of complaining about everything, we should appreciate the fact that we are actually able to drive it. I don't like the Skodas either, but I just don't drive it or don't go in busy areas instead of complaining how bad it is.

5 hours ago, Koneko_ said:

Cars aren't made for this game, the physics are much different compared to trucks and it is even harder to get them in an acceptable balance for a truck game. The cars were planned for admins only, but we got the opportunity to use it too. Instead of complaining about everything, we should appreciate the fact that we are actually able to drive it. I don't like the Skodas either, but I just don't drive it or don't go in busy areas instead of complaining how bad it is

I go to bussy area's because i want multiplayer. Cars are useless in the game (appart from the police). 

51 minutes ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

Why would you want to play with less people?

Exactly. 

Car is not the problem, even acceleration is now quite accurate (should be around 8 - 9 s  from 0 to 100km/h with provided engines),  problem is, this amount of acceleration is near impossible to tame with keyboard input.

Add to that most drive it with the impression it is a racing prototype (and probably have never driven a car in real life), while in reality it's just middle, or upper middle class car weighing about 1,5t , and you have recipe for disaster .

And in my opinion, even brakes are fine, if you know how to drive in the first place.

They originally added the cars with the intention of keeping them for admins only, but since the community wanted them available for everyone, they are.

I don't have a problem with them, and the majority of the people on the road are still trucks, and the majority of people that have intentions of trolling are in trucks because its so much easier to block or ram someone with a truck than a car, especially considering a Scania or Volvo truck with the top engine and a good gearbox is faster than the skoda.

If a skoda is flipping towards you the desync of the server lets you plow through them half the time with not too much damage anyways, regardless if you are trying to stop to avoid it or not (because some people don't). You have to be pretty unlucky, or not know how to avoid accidents to not come out alright on most of those accidents.

Personally I think they shouldn't allow players with less than 50 hours in the game drive the cars because they aren't the best to drive but that would be better fit as a suggestion.

Either way, you can get in contact with the upper staff using the feedback system (https://truckersmp.com/feedback) and they can probably get you in contact with whoever they think is best.

7 minutes ago, S p a r k i e said:

Personally I think they shouldn't allow players with less than 50 hours in the game drive the cars because they aren't the best to drive but that would be better fit as a suggestion.

I wonder how sitting idle on a hotel parking for 50 hours would increase ones driving experience/ improve ones  driving behavior... ;)

IMO, minimum requirements should better be expressed in a number of accomplished (preferable WOT) jobs. But even that would not be 100% foolproof.

@Joao Rodrigues ^ If they want to waste 50 hours of their time just to get banned for not knowing how to drive, that's their problem, regardless it would get the majority of the trolls out of the cars

16 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Against the background of simulation, passenger cars play a major part in road traffic. In that regard they can not be seen as useless.
I agree however that their physics urgently need a major update.

Yea if they had normal physics they would be fine.

3 minutes ago, Doç.Dr. Ali Çelik said:

I recommend you to play on Europe 3 server. No Car And More Pleasant.

I want multiplayer :D

43 minutes ago, Thetoast111 said:

Every encounter I have with cars are negative. Whether their acting like motorcycles weaving in between trucks, or brake checking you, I’m not a big fan of them.

Mostly my volvo powered brakes are better then the car ones but they act like motorcycles indeed 

On 6/24/2019 at 8:33 AM, nigel2003 said:

Yea that's the easy fix. But i want the truckersmp developers to fix things. 

I do play on eu3 tough

The thing is, the Scout uses the same physics files and weights as the trucks, hence why they are so prone to freaking out at the sight of a corner and with the way the whole mechanics system in the game work, the brakes end up leaving a lot to be desired. 

In in terms of fixes, they’re limited to what can be done within the confines of the game files, the whole process isn’t as clear cut as most people believe, hence why NCZs are a little wacky in some places etc. 

Also, do remember that originally the cars were never supposed to be released to the public, they were supposed to be staff exclusive vehicles, but ended up being pushed to release a “civilian” version of the Scout, and to be fair, if you think the Scout is bad, it was way worse when it first came out, the brakes were either super weak or so strong you could stop from 100MPH in the same distance as you would at 50, the tendency to roll was so bad you had to drive as if the road was made of paper thin glass, the weight differed between car and truck was so bad that a little Scout could literally shove a fully loaded truck out of the way as if it weighed nothing, plus the trolling was so bad you couldn’t go 5 feet without being slammed into by a car, hence why a lot of veterans hate the Scout and avoid them like the plague. 

Honestly though, I think that eventually the Scout will find the sweet spot of controllability, while not being overpowered and a nuisance on the road, and I’m afraid to say that if you strongly hate the Scout, I would advise either avoiding high population areas such as C-D and surrounding cities or switch to either EU3 or EU1 where it’s super quiet.

I don't know why so many people keep thinking the Scout is the problem. I've driven my Scout for about 35,000 miles (56,000 km) and it has definitely improved, to the point now where the car is actually perfectly usable; it stops just as quickly as some real cars do (I have Brake Sensitivity at 50%, which I believe is the game's default), it doesn't accelerate like a rocket (my Saab 9-3 is quicker) and it handles cornering just fine. There are only three problems with it:

1. The car's steering is still a bit too truck like and has significantly slower turning response than a real car does

2. The idiots who attempt to drive it at 150 km/h (90 mph) on a bend forgetting that it's a simulator and not a game like NFS where the physics are more relaxed.

The first point could one day be resolved, but as they don't have an active developer for it at the moment, it might not happen for some time. The second point is a human problem, and wouldn't matter if the Scout was there or not because those people would just go back to racing trucks like lunatics. Which leads me to the final point...

3. The people constantly complaining about the Scout - Please, stop complaining about it. The so-called issues surrounding the car being used in trolling is a human problem, not the fault of the car. Getting rid of the car isn't going to achieve anything other than annoying people like me who drive it sensibly and enjoy it, and moving those trolls back into much bigger trucks which are worse because they can be used to block entire roads.

To reiterate, the Scout is perfectly fine when operating at normal, sensible speeds just like most real cars would be.

1 minute ago, McclaudEagle said:

I don't know why so many people keep thinking the Scout is the problem. I've driven my Scout for about 35,000 miles (56,000 km) and it has definitely improved, to the point now where the car is actually perfectly usable; it stops just as quickly as some real cars do (I have Brake Sensitivity at 50%, which I believe is the game's default), it doesn't accelerate like a rocket (my Saab 9-3 is quicker) and it handles cornering just fine. There are only three problems with it:

1. The car's steering is still a bit too truck like and has significantly slower turning response than a real car does

2. The idiots who attempt to drive it at 150 km/h (90 mph) on a bend forgetting that it's a simulator and not a game like NFS where the physics are more relaxed.

The first point could one day be resolved, but as they don't have an active developer for it at the moment, it might not happen for some time. The second point is a human problem, and wouldn't matter if the Scout was there or not because those people would just go back to racing trucks like lunatics. Which leads me to the final point...

3. The people constantly complaining about the Scout - Please, stop complaining about it. The so-called issues surrounding the car being used in trolling is a human problem, not the fault of the car. Getting rid of the car isn't going to achieve anything other than annoying people like me who drive it sensibly and enjoy it, and moving those trolls back into much bigger trucks which are worse because they can be used to block entire roads.

To reiterate, the Scout is perfectly fine when operating at normal, sensible speeds just like most real cars would be.

Scout got better but it would be even better if it cant push over 80+ ton truck + trailer (car is normally around 1-2 tons) 

Idea for TMP

As for the skoda I have an idea, same with the 150km/h limit

You have to unlock it, first to unlock is the 150km/h limit, this unlocks after 6 months with no bans, resetting if you get a ban.  Once you have driven ban free and logged 200 hours play in that time, the 150km/h limit is unlocked on your account,  you now have to go 6 months without a ban to earn the skoda and play for 200 hours 

Get a ban, and you're back to square 1 and have to start it all over again

(This would apply to me too as I have ban by mistake on my profile which happened this year) 

On 6/24/2019 at 6:01 PM, S p a r k i e said:

@Joao Rodrigues ^ If they want to waste 50 hours of their time just to get banned for not knowing how to drive, that's their problem, regardless it would get the majority of the trolls out of the cars

...and into cheap Renault or volvos 

Archived