How to correctly set up settings for a car?

jario5615

Question

So I've been trying to drive using the car, and whether its a symptom of my bad driving or the wrong settings, every time I attempt to make a corner, I tend to flip my car. Are there recommended gameplay settings for when it comes to driving a car, or is it mostly due to the fact the game wasn't designed to handle it?

7 answers to this question

It all depends on what you are using for controls. Yes, you're partly correct, the physics engine isn't made for cars to be used on it, but it mostly relies on the handling of the driver.

• If you use a keyboard, don't "hold" the key. Use sort adjusting taps to turn, also, don't turn at fast speeds, that never ends well! :troll:
  • If you're using a controller, turn the joystick slowly, and keep the speed down! You can also mess with the steering sensitivity and the linearity to try and get a slower turn speed
  • For wheels, all I can recommend is keep it slow and steady, if you use a 900°+ wheel, you really shouldn't have a single issue with it, but if you use less than 900°, mess around with the sensitivity and the linearity of the actual input!

Hope this helps out! ^^

Hello, as Duskie said above, it depends on your control interface. What may irretates you, is that the game is made for trucks, so the car behavious partly more like at truck, than a car. Espacially the center of mass is calculated way to high for the car, which makes you more likely to tipp over. 

if your diving with keyboard, i also can agree at this key holding.

Another Problem with car, is that its very sensitive to bumps at the road.

Another nice tipp: be careful with braking in corners, it makes car uncontrollable.

The car also under/oversteers a lot

it takes some training to get used to it, but at the same time, its contrallable. i would recommend to goto eu4, to test and find your setting. As this is a non - collision server, so normal traffic rules dont apply, so it doesnt matter if you crash. 

here a report video with lots of driving from myself, driving with keyboard. you can clearly see, im always tipping the key when driving around the corner. 

I'm using a controller, and my handling skills aren't great. Most of my turning ends up being "oh, I need to turn now!" kinda thing. Since I don't know how to drive irl, the braking through a corner is probably something I do without thinking because that's what 10 years of playing mariokart taught me lol. Since the controller's analogue stick isn't that big (for reference, its a switch controller that is made to look like a gamecube controller) should I alter the deadzone so I don't turn as agressively? so a little tap wouldn't send me into a 90 degree turn?

3 hours ago, jario5615 said:

I'm using a controller, and my handling skills aren't great. Most of my turning ends up being "oh, I need to turn now!" kinda thing. Since I don't know how to drive irl, the braking through a corner is probably something I do without thinking because that's what 10 years of playing mariokart taught me lol. Since the controller's analogue stick isn't that big (for reference, its a switch controller that is made to look like a gamecube controller) should I alter the deadzone so I don't turn as agressively? so a little tap wouldn't send me into a 90 degree turn?

Yes it might help to adjust the dead zone, but as I told I have not much experience with controller.

And yes, you should try to brake before the corner. 

And you should look ahead when driving. Be prepared for mistakes of other people driving around.

Your description of your driving skill sounds terrible. So I would recommend you to stay away from CD road, until your driving skill improved.

Hello There!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.
If you still have any questions about this, feel free to DM me or our support team members, we will open this again.
Thanks to all for participation!

//Locked and Moved to Inactive