Tips for driving the new congested dirt road near bellingham in the new washington dlc

dragonslayingmaster1000

ATS has recently gotten a popular road in washington dlc and there are lots of players getting stuck and causing huge traffic jams. At peak times there are up to 100 players on this tight road. I thought I would make a list of tips to drive properly on there.

• MOST IMPORTANT TIP! Make wide turns on the tight corners so you don't get stuck. Take up the entire road. This is especially important if you have oversize loads, doubles, triples, etc. If there is another player in the way wait before you make the turn, it's very important to be patient or you get stuck. 
  • Let the oversize trailers go first if they already committed to a tight turn. They can't back up as easily as a normal trailer can so if you have a normal trailer back up and give them plenty of room to make a wide turn.
  • Give people coming up the mountain right of way because they need momentum to get up and with some of heavier trailers they need speed to get up some of the tougher areas, or else they will probably have to crawl in 1st gear at 5 mph. Since people going downhill don't need momentum if you are going down stop for people coming up.
  • Go slow, you should only be going about 15-20 mph (24-32 km/h) on the tight areas because you want to be able to react quickly to someone coming around a corner. There are some parts where you can go above 25-30 mph (40-50 km/h).
  • Flash high beams with J key around a corner so if anyone is there they will know you're coming.
  • Don't overtake UNLESS it's only 1 person in front of you at very slow speeds on a straight part of the road such as the very start of the logging road. For example if they're going only 10-15 mph when they could easily go up to 30. Obviously before you do it check for oncoming traffic on the map and then go for it if you have a powerful enough vehicle to get past them fast.
  • If you get stuck, load a previous save or f7 there is no reason to block the road if you're stuck.
  • If you don't have the forest machinery dlc, watch out for those trailers because their hitbox will look smaller than it actually is and you end up pushing them. I don't know what the trailers look like if you don't have the dlc but just don't get too close to anyone. If you remember from the one truck family event there was a similar bug with the hitbox, let's hope truckersmp can fix this one too.
  • The company area is not a NCZ (non collision zone). If you're coming here for the first time be careful of that especially at peak times and be ready for huge traffic jams. Hopefully truckersmp adds this.
  • Make sure you know your server ID because I noticed some admins (or even normal players trying to help) are telling you to stop before you get to a tight corner to make room for oncoming traffic and they will call you by the id.
  • If you start a job and you don't have your own trailer move the trailer asap because if someone else's trailer spawns there they can go flying. It's another problem with the collision zone which hopefully is fixed soon.

Let's hope people can follow these tips and the road will be a much better place.

8 minutes ago, mtimmins92 said:

good info - also don't forget there is an achievement that requires you to drive to the top where the company is and it is fairly easy so I think most go up the road for it

For just an achievement I doubt it but the road is fun to drive on and that's why people like it. I've been going up and down it all the time.

On 6/29/2019 at 4:06 AM, knapton said:

Another thing I've noticed works really well is calling out your position on the radio at either of the switchbacks. I usually say how many trucks, loaded or empty, direction and position. Example: 1 down loaded above first switchback. 

well in that case, we should keep CB spam to a miniumum on CB19.

--

As for point with regards to F7, some wont want to F7 if they have a WoTR job.  you loose it. so perhaps players behind should keep 1 trailer's distance so to give the player in front the ability to back up and take another bite at it.

Great tips @dragonslayingmaster1000 :wub:

One thing I would add is that if you are going up there to collect a load/trailer, you need to collect it as fast as you can (safely ofcourse). If many people are selecting trailers and collecting them at the same time, if you waste time driving to hook onto it, there is a high chance of it glitching into the air or ground due to many trailers spawning in the same place at once.

At this point the servers definitely seem to be losing popularity after about 3 weeks of atsmp being updated. Last night there only a peak of about 580 players with only about 15 people on the cliff road. Not sure if weekends will bring people back but I really liked this congested road and it's unfortunate people are leaving. Anyway, I hope my tips helped for when the road was congested.

Most of the people on this Mountain/Hill are not familiar with rule 2.4 and still do it and 2.2 by ramming players off the mountain when they are stuck.Its a very congested road at some points and not easy to do when you have heavy/Oversized loads especially on the SwitchBacks but it’s very easy when no one is there.And I know I saw this late a dragon gave good advice and when in the same detail as I did (none moderator)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There;

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me.  

//Moved to Archive

Archived