C-D road

SkodaRunner

How to survive the C-D Road?

Don't use it; that's as simple as I can put it. It doesn't matter how carefully you drive on the C-D Road, you WILL get hit sooner or later, and frequently if it's one of the only roads you drive on. As for driving on the C-D Road at 150km/h; no, it's not safe and you will inevitably hit someone else doing those speeds on such a busy and narrow road, especially as the road conditions can change so dangerously quickly.

If you don't want to get wrecked, avoid the road.  If you want to use C-D, you do so at your own risk and no one else is going to care if your truck/trailer gets trashed.  

If you're driving properly make sure you're recording that way you can report players that cause issues or cover your own ass if something happens.  If you're driving at 150 kph trying to be like everyone else, I hope you get used to playing single player as you'll probably be banned fairly quickly.

If i'm driving on the C-D road, I drive no faster then 90km/h. If someone rams me by inappropriate overtaking or driving the wrong way, I just take evidence and report them. It's not worth driving fast along that road especially around the bends.

Kind Regards,

StreamingAussie - Veteran Driver III

Driver for Courtz Carriers (April 24 2019)

TruckersMP   l   Steam   l   Twitch  l  World of Trucks

76561198340005094.png

On 6/20/2019 at 1:38 PM, SkodaRunner said:

And is it possible to be safe when you drive 150 km/h on C-D?

In the light of the fact that the recommended speed limit on the road between Duisburg and Calais is mostly 60kph and 80kph (check them on your GPS map) and that it is an highly populated area, driving at a speed of 150kph is NOT SAFE.

Whenever I drive, which I will admit is if ever. I always do the speedlimit on C-D be warned excessive speeds on C-D can class as Reckless Driving and get you punished. So drive safe. Just because others don't doesn't mean you should follow them. If they're reckless Record, Report. 

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Current Advisor of

TruckersMP.com

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

On 6/23/2019 at 4:39 PM, 0zann said:

100-120 km speed is ideal for this road.If you go on with 80 90 km on the C-D road  will likely crush you.

You are wrong.

23 hours ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

Whenever I drive, which I will admit is if ever. I always do the speedlimit on C-D be warned excessive speeds on C-D can class as Reckless Driving and get you punished. So drive safe. Just because others don't doesn't mean you should follow them. If they're reckless Record, Report. 

True story, went there driving speed limit whole time (yes, even 50km/h around gas stations), survived without a scratch.

2 hours ago, Sockstah said:

I've gotten through there without getting hit several times by just going at speed limit, so 60-80 km/h. Has the added benefit of annoying the people speeding and getting to watch them crash as they try to overtake.

Yes, it's priceless to watch them suffer.

• Business Analyst

I drive the C-D road on purpose regularly (alternating between Calais/Rotterdam and Duisburg) because I enjoy the heavy traffic. But yeah, it can definitely be dangerous sometimes. You're 100% going to see crashes happen around you and you should be ready to slow down for traffic jams and/or to evade crashes. Those happen usually around highway intersections and sharp turns in the road itself, because some people ignore traffic signs or simply speed at 150 km/h and run into others or end up in the road side.

That being said, I think 90-120 km/h is probably the safest velocity because it allows you to move at about the same speed as others. In turns I would recommend 70-100, depending on the angles and steepness, etc. If you're going 50-80 km/h on (semi-)straight parts, many, and I mean many, people will try to pass you or they will simply crash into you as they can't slow down quick enough. As the oncoming traffic is as crowded as your own direction, chances are that people run into them or they try to ram you off the road while they're trying to overtake you. It happens a lot, so I would not recommend going so slow.

This, of course, depends on your cargo and truck specs. And it also depends how crowded the server and, more specifically, the road is. When it's congested, the majority of players are speeding. There's not really a set velocity that you should drive, just drive as quick as you are comfortable with and what suits to the conditions of the road and time of day. 150 km/h, however, is way too fast for the C-D road in my opinion. You will most likely survive it, but remember to keep an eye out for silly lunatics who think the road is a roller coaster :)

I love driving down the road for the traffic and often do it when im alone and bored, if you are not wanting to get wrecked or crash however, your best option would be to avoid the C-D road completely because i don't remember the last time i drove across that road without someone flying into the back of me or something similar happening.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There;

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me.:wub:

//Moved to Archive

Archived