Jump to content
Digital

Racing Championship - Summer 2019 - Results

Recommended Posts

Greetings!

If you missed the original blog for the Racing Championship, you can check it out here: https://truckersmp.com/blog/164

Our second instalment of the Racing Championship series has now concluded, with great results!

Hundreds of players attended the event, whether they were spectating the action in real time, or hoping to be amongst the lucky selected participants.

As six drivers competed together in each round, it was a challenging experience as only the fastest three would make it through to the next round. Starting with the Qualifier, drivers would have their skills and nerves put to the test.

Pushing through the Qualifier, Quarter Final, and Semi-Final as the top three, we had our surviving six drivers in the Final:

Exusiai

IceRaged

INM_Sneezy YT

Nikitos345

RussianExpress:Slavik32RU

T0bias


Our Racing Champion is...

All 48 drivers pushed hard for the Champion title, but there could only be one winner...

As four finalists wiped out before the finish line, it was neck and neck between IceRaged and Nikitos345.

After both battled nervously, we can now present to you our second Racing Champion... IceRaged!

POSTER

In addition to being crowned our second Champion, you will also receive a £50 Steam gift card and a shiny Award on your profile!

The Racing Championship action may be over for now, but we'll be back later this year for our Autumn championship!

For now, please drive safe and remember to only race on our Freeroam servers!

-TruckersMP Team

View post on homepage

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to also add a comment regarding feedback received regarding attendees not able to participate in the racing.

 

I understand many of you were disappointed and frustrated due to not being selected to participate. Due to time restrictions, we were limited to a few randomly selected participants to join. We would love to have every single attendee to race if they wish to.

 

The racing consisted of 48 drivers maximum, with the process from Qualifier to Final taking four hours.

 

We are saddened by the number of players disappointed with the event and apologise if you felt your time was wasted. This was not our intention, as we spend days to organise our events, with the intention to create excitement and a positive atmosphere in the community!

 

We are looking into the future of the Racing Championship and how it is organised, to ensure that every single attendee has an opportunity to enter and participate. This may mean we extend the period of time the event takes places i.e qualifier on day one, and the following rounds on day 2.

 

Additionally, participants from Spring and Summer 2019 will be receiving profile Awards!

 

Thank you all for your understanding, and please feel free to contact me if you are disappointed in our events.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Love it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for this wonderful event!
It can be seen that it was well organized (except for the fact that Not everyone who wanted to participate was selected.). ETS2 physics made itself felt. The races were interesting and intense. The final is as much as 300km. (and that's great). The rivals in the final were strong (the best of the best). Really cool event!
Congratulations to the winner! He showed real skill and deserved his title!
ee you in the autumn championship!
:)

Спасибо вам за это замечательное мероприятие! Видно, что оно было хорошо организовано (за исключение того, что не все кто хотел смогли поучавтвовать). физика ЕТС2 дала о себе знать. гонки были интересными и напряженными. финал целых 300км. (и это здорово). соперники в финале были сильные (лучшие из лучших). Действительно крутое мероприятие! 
Поздравляю победителя! Он показал настоящее мастерство и заслужил свой титул чемпиона! Увидимся на осеннем чемпионате

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Force_TMP

Congrats for the winner!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 7:21 PM, Digital said:

I'd like to also add a comment regarding feedback received regarding attendees not able to participate in the racing.

 

I understand many of you were disappointed and frustrated due to not being selected to participate. Due to time restrictions, we were limited to a few randomly selected participants to join. We would love to have every single attendee to race if they wish to.

 

The racing consisted of 48 drivers maximum, with the process from Qualifier to Final taking four hours.

 

We are saddened by the number of players disappointed with the event and apologise if you felt your time was wasted. This was not our intention, as we spend days to organise our events, with the intention to create excitement and a positive atmosphere in the community!

 

We are looking into the future of the Racing Championship and how it is organised, to ensure that every single attendee has an opportunity to enter and participate. This may mean we extend the period of time the event takes places i.e qualifier on day one, and the following rounds on day 2.

 

Additionally, participants from Spring and Summer 2019 will be receiving profile Awards!

 

Thank you all for your understanding, and please feel free to contact me if you are disappointed in our events.

 

The event itself was not bad, it was just that a lot, A LOT, of players recieved absolutely nothing from the event. In the future it would be a lot nicer to have some sort of back-up plan or anything to reward these players with. Otherwise all they do get is their time wasted. 

  • Love it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Glada_Laxen said:

 

The event itself was not bad, it was just that a lot, A LOT, of players recieved absolutely nothing from the event. In the future it would be a lot nicer to have some sort of back-up plan or anything to reward these players with. Otherwise all they do get is their time wasted. 

i have to agree with this i was streaming it to twitch  at the time and even i know it was the worst stream i had ever done to that date it was hour upon hour of me sitting there while 48 lucky attendees got to race while sitting there with a very bored audience that actually wandered off to watch other ets streams because i was sat there with my finger in my *** (metaphorically) with nothing to do but st and wait

  • True Story 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Glada_Laxen said:

 

The event itself was not bad, it was just that a lot, A LOT, of players recieved absolutely nothing from the event. In the future it would be a lot nicer to have some sort of back-up plan or anything to reward these players with. Otherwise all they do get is their time wasted. 

 

Apologies for this. We are looking into restructuring how the event is organised for the future to ensure all players have an opportunity to participate.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Digital said:

 

Apologies for this. We are looking into restructuring how the event is organised for the future to ensure all players have an opportunity to participate.

another thing i did notice afterwards was how long after everyone was ready the names were released instead of all in one go being drawn we had to wait for name picks then everyone to line up replacements if neccesary then the race then that process repeated constantly seemed to time consuming and taxing on everyone wondering if you have been or will be picked it was exhausting it  would be nice to see the current structure change and it be more community friendly and genuinely a fun experience

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, IPEEKATCHU said:

another thing i did notice afterwards was how long after everyone was ready the names were released instead of all in one go being drawn we had to wait for name picks then everyone to line up replacements if neccesary then the race then that process repeated constantly seemed to time consuming and taxing on everyone wondering if you have been or will be picked it was exhausting it  would be nice to see the current structure change and it be more community friendly and genuinely a fun experience

Races were only 5 minutes anyways, I dont get why you are complaining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Twilight_Sparkle said:

Races were only 5 minutes anyways, I dont get why you are complaining.

i dont know if you noticed BUT IM NOT THE ONLY ONE SO YEAH stfu jumping in and read the full post and previous race post before you think you know it all and jump in on one person 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Twilight_Sparkle said:

Races were only 5 minutes anyways, I dont get why you are complaining.

 

Your perception of time may not be so good, but it took over an hour to complete the Qualifier stage, and I'm assuming the random selecting of random players did not start as the event started. So let's say it took nearly 2 hours. 

 

And since most players are from Europe, people had spent their sunday evening for absolutely nothing. And I'm fully aware that they could've left at any time they wanted, but that kind of attitude towards members of the community is very toxic. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...