Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Ban System

Krakman

Suggestion Name: Changing the Ban System and expiration date of ban list

Suggestion Description: 

Hey guys,

after some thinking about the current ban system i think it could be changed atleast a little bit.

Im playing the ETS2 mostly for fun, the current game as it is - singleplayer isnt enough fun for me, the MP makes its 100x better. Im very happy in which stage the MP currently is, its working great even if its still in alpha, i think there could be more things dividing the game from singleplayer, but its more complicated then it sounds, atleast i think that (dont have any experience coding or making addons work in ETS2). The thing by far worst for me is the current ban system. Its designed well and players have alot of chances to make their driving skills better and safer for other drivers. I had 3 bans, which are totally understandable by my side, sometimes ive been recklessly driving, or my estimation of the distance between me and vehicle infront of/behind me didnt go as expected. The problem is that these bans dont expire fast enough, im not talking about the ban time, but the time that resets all your bans and makes your ban list "clean". Sometimes ive been driving at TruckersMP several hours a day, dont ask why, and at this rate of playtime its really easy to make accident than just driving a hour or so a day. Basically the current ban system makes you drive like granpa, which can also result in accident as drivers behind you, can start to be more aggresive and try to overtake you at non safe places to overtake a player, or just stopping you playing the game. Both of these seems like bad ideas and the suggestion is:

Make the ban "dissapearing" time based also at hours of clean (no crashes, etc.) gameplay.

Also players can just afk at parking places, yes there is 10 min AFK kick, but just moving your vehicle little bit resets the timer.

The second possibility of this suggestion is:

Make the ban "dissapearing" time based also at driven distance, it could be driven distance or driven distance with cargos, i think it doesnt matter.

Why should it be added?:

This way these bans doesnt make you drive like grandpa and make other drivers reckless and also makes you play the game, which increases the player count.

Also if somebody says - if you wouldnt drive recklessly you wouldnt be banned - yeah, thats true, but i think sometimes its not that hard to make crash, just going a bit faster into a corner can make accident or trucks overtaking each other could be dangerouos. Yes, you can play totally safe, but where is the fun in that? Its a game and thats the nicest thing about it - you can drive and dont care about others getting hurt, because its just virtual. Also sometimes i see players getting very angry because of other players crashing them and sometimes im that type of person too, but then i just think about it, say its just a game, use /fix or F7 and go on. Its not a big deal for me, i do record my gameplay, but i would never report a player that appologizes for their mistakes. 

What do you thinks about that one? Open for Discussion

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...