TruckersMP Official YouTube - Don’t risk getting banned!

Glada_Laxen

I’m making this thread because of an incident that happened me and I would not want this to happen to anyone else. 

TruckersMP’s YouTube channel got this video that explains how to yield etc. BUT, do not follow it. You risk getting banned. 

I was recently banned after being rammed by a player who failed to yield at the intersection between Calais - Duisburg and Rotterdam - Brussel. The ban was of course lifted, but it was a ban nontheless. The player who rammed me was not and will not be banned. And their report will show as ”Approved”, and now they will think that their way of driving is the correct way. This driver will continue blowing past that yield sign, potentionally ramming someone using their right-of-way and reporting them as well. Possibly being successful doing so. 

Again, this thread is to prevent you from risking having your account suspended for invalid reasons. 

I am being told that I should’ve braked and stopped. Basically giving up my right-of-way to drivers failing to yield. And the player who rammed me is basically told that they should continue failing to yield. 

The way this situation is dealt with will cause more accidents and more people will be banned incorrectly. If the road laws, rules and signs are not to be enforced, then I’d suggest removing, replacing or creating specific rules in regards to them. Otherwise I think it would be better for both the moderators dealing with situations like this and the community that will be driving in situations like this. 

I hope this will not be removed for the rule regarding discussing reports, bans and appeals, as my ban, report and appeal have all been solved so this is not an attempt to speed those up. I just want to warn other players of this confusing rule/intersection. To prevent inconveniences and troubles in the future.

SHeDTix.png

Even if you have right of way, you should have limited trust to anyone being already on the road. I have an old video from TruckersMP, where someone gave way to me despite of the traffic coming to Europoort back then. 

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

Tbh you flew over that intersection, giving the other traffic no chanse to anticipate and stop to give you way. Right of way should be giving to you, don't just take it like that

Ok, I get they also need to slow down and see you coming, but don't just fly through that intersection.

Imo you are part of the problem here.

33 minutes ago, Titanic4 said:

Even if you have right of way, you should have limited trust to anyone being already on the road. I have an old video from TruckersMP, where someone gave way to me despite of the traffic coming to Europoort back then. 

32 minutes ago, R_D [G27+SKRS] [90km/h] [BE] said:

Tbh you flew over that intersection, giving the other traffic no chanse to anticipate and stop to give you way. Right of way should be giving to you, don't just take it like that

Ok, I get they also need to slow down and see you coming, but don't just fly through that intersection.

Imo you are part of the problem here.

The road I came from is 90km/h, I slowed down to 50-45km/h, and then 30-25km/h before being crashed into.

By following the traffic sign on the road I came from I could basically go straight across to enter the highway again, while doing 90km/h. I’m not sure that would be considered useless traffic, but I am just talking about the traffic laws, rules and signage. 

EDIT: I just want it to be clear. The way this situation was dealt with is very troublesome and is teaching players who may not know better the wrong things. 

EDIT2: I would also like to add that TruckersMP Official’s YouTube channel have uploaded a video on how to proceed in that specific intersection. The truck coming from the road I took did not stop. And the truck coming from Duisburg did, like you should. 

My biggest issue with this is that the player who reported me will have a false report say ”Approved”. Which means they will most likely assume now that what they did was correct, when it is not. They will most likely cause more accidents just like that. 

SHeDTix.png

Hi there @Glada_Laxen,

First off, let me confirm to you that the video posted on our official YouTube channel is correct and shows the proper way of dealing with that intersection and giving way.

Secondly, I've watched the videos that you've posted above - from the point of view of yourself and the other user - and can see that you technically did have the right of way at that junction and the other players should have yielded. However, I'm very confused as to what you planned to gain by continuing out of that junction at speed? You could see on your map, and on the approach to the junction, that there was other trucks on that road and approaching that junction. As such, you should have planned ahead and slowed down in case you needed to stop. Instead, you proceeded at a relatively high speed for approaching a junction and turned out without looking left or right. Failing to plan or prepare for a junction and failing to check before pulling out - regardless of who has the right of way or not - is very reckless and should not happen. In this regard, you're at fault.

In another regard, the other users should have slowed down a little more and of course read the signs and yielded.

I'm not blaming you solely for the incident, but it could have easily been avoided if you slowed down and looked before pulling out.

33 minutes ago, Glada_Laxen said:

By following the traffic sign on the road I came from I could basically go straight across to enter the highway again, while doing 90km/h. 

No, you couldn't and I would have no problems in approving a ban for reckless driving should this have been done. It's reckless driving, regardless of right of ways or not.

34 minutes ago, Glada_Laxen said:

My biggest issue with this is that the player who reported me will have a false report say ”Approved”. Which means they will most likely assume now that what they did was correct, when it is not. They will most likely cause more accidents just like that. 

I will go back and speak to the reporter and ensure that he understands the situation here so he knows for future reference. Important that both yourself and the reporter are aware of what happened in this situation so it can be prevented in the future.

My forum personal messages are open should you wish to talk at further length about this.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Hello Dear @Glada_Laxen

Looks like required answers have been given. This topic does not seem appropriate to discuss. If you have a complaint about a situation, it would be better to talk to the upper staff with the feedback system. https://truckersmp.com/feedback 

@Aestrial Thank you for your comment.

I'm moving this topic to the archive. Because Aestrial's answer may be useful for other users in the future.

If you have any further questions or comments, don't be afraid to contact me.  :wub:

//Locked and Moved to Archive.

Archived