ETS2 Can't downgrade to 1.34

Sainsburys

Question

6 answers to this question

Try to verify game integrity and check once again if there are betas available for you. (You can find this option in "local files"-tab). If it doesn't help, you can always try to uninstall ETS2 and whole Steam and then install everything again. 

I don't have any other ideas at the moment. :( 

Guest Cowie

Hello,

Thanks for posting on the forums, I hope your problem will be resolved very soon!

I have a few things that I would like to suggest to hopefully find the solution to this error. Seeing as nothing is appearing for options when attempting to click the drop-down arrow, there might be a problem with Steam currently. Please follow the steps I have written below and let us know the new status of your problem if anything has changed!

1. Does this problem occur when trying to downgrade other games? Please try on other games to see if the beta versions appear.

2. If they do not appear on the other games, try logging out of Steam.

3. Once logged out, close Steam and ensure that it is not open when viewing your task manager, if you find it there, click the "end the task" button to properly close the Steam application.

4. Open Steam and try again.

Note: If Euro Truck Simulator 2 is the only game with no beta's appearing, I encourage you to verify the integrity of the game files. The process is rather simple and can be easily followed by viewing the steps listed on the link below.

https://inxile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004662908-Verify-game-cache-files-Steam-

Please let us know if anything has been resolved or if you require further help, I will be happy to find more potential solutions!

Sincerely,

-ccowie

30 minutes ago, TFM DJ ccowie said:

Hello,

Thanks for posting on the forums, I hope your problem will be resolved very soon!

I have a few things that I would like to suggest to hopefully find the solution to this error. Seeing as nothing is appearing for options when attempting to click the drop-down arrow, there might be a problem with Steam currently. Please follow the steps I have written below and let us know the new status of your problem if anything has changed!

1. Does this problem occur when trying to downgrade other games? Please try on other games to see if the beta versions appear.

2. If they do not appear on the other games, try logging out of Steam.

3. Once logged out, close Steam and ensure that it is not open when viewing your task manager, if you find it there, click the "end the task" button to properly close the Steam application.

4. Open Steam and try again.

Note: If Euro Truck Simulator 2 is the only game with no beta's appearing, I encourage you to verify the integrity of the game files. The process is rather simple and can be easily followed by viewing the steps listed on the link below.

https://inxile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004662908-Verify-game-cache-files-Steam-

Please let us know if anything has been resolved or if you require further help, I will be happy to find more potential solutions!

Sincerely,

-ccowie

I can downgrade other games in my library it seems to be only effecting ETS2. I've tried verifying the game files but it says its all good. :'(