Truck Light Language

ItsCodyyTM

It's a bit of a weird title but you'll understand what I mean later! Truck Light Language is what I like to call the communication between truckers on the roads and below are the different flashes I use to communicate. Do you use the same or are your techniques different? 

1 Flash - Hey There!

2 Flashes - What Are You Doing!? (or) Watch What You're Doing, You Almost Hit Me!?

3 Flashes - Admeen Up Ahead! (or) Slow Down, There Is A Corner! (Used For Warnings)

4 Flashes - I Am Going To Overtake! (or) You May Pull Infront Of Me!

What are your's like and would you understand me if I flashed at you? 

For me it depends on the length of the flashes. 

I agree with 1 Flash - Hey There! - but just for a second. If I flash the truck in front of me which travels to the same direction and it lasts more than a few seconds, then I am telling him that I am about to overtake him. 

If I flash more than once, then it means danger for me. That's it pretty much.

I would't think about 

2 Flashes - What Are You Doing!? (or) Watch What You're Doing, You Almost Hit Me!?

3 Flashes - Admeen Up Ahead! (or) Slow Down, There Is A Corner! (Used For Warnings)

4 Flashes - I Am Going To Overtake! (or) You May Pull Infront Of Me! - if someone flashes me once, I'd understand 1 Flash - Hey There! but I don't know about the rest.

image.png.d89587f1d5db45c35842d6470a3597cb.png - image.png.8a33dca516f517c97d889b2663475830.pngimage.png.303fcd79c42df80b154f88224b55ad02.png - image.png.d5613947ba2cde10b014d07d663bef3c.png

discord: apoo#2436 image.png.9bca92bc6bd687ccdd95d71eba4bab9d.pngimage.png.03b5da7810f2c8171120de08d46ce134.pngimage.png.34cd02e37c0e61a26ec144a312c6dc83.png

1 hour ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

Man, you kids really overthink things.

Don't be tinpot and let them be, it's an +3 simulator rated game after all.

Personally I use it only for idiots before me, people I know or to pull infront of me though not much for the last option since many koleka's only leave a few metres and I want a decent distance between me and the truck overtaking.

PVG-Trans VTC Belgium, real life professionals only! - OLD TM & CT San Andreas MP player.

Traffic language is sweet and simple:

Use the blinkers to indicate which way you're going.

Use the light horn to attract attention in the case of an emergency (e.g. a fellow truck driver almost crossing an intersection/running a red light while you have the right of way.)

Use the horn to alert drivers (e.g. a fellow truck driver nearly hitting you while overtaking.)

Use the hazards to indicate any source of harm or danger, that also includes you slowing down (in some cases) or reserve parking. Basically when your vehicle becomes a temporary danger.

Use the brakes (by tapping it) to indicate that you're slowing down during traffic and/or traffic jam.

This is the traffic language that's commonly used in real life, if you don't communicate that way on the road, the likelihood of you causing or being involved in a crash increases drastically, especially with blinkers.

@xenophobia I couldn't have said it any better myself. I agree with you 100%. Personally I avoid populated cities / roads so generally when I'm out driving I never see much except beautiful landscapes and scenery.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There;

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me.  

//Moved to Archive

Archived