Should TruckersMP change their ban system?

Nick2332f

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here I provide you an idea. In Chinese laws, the defendant will get a light sentence if he gets forgiven by the complainant. Legal system is more mature than video game rules so that the laws can be referred. If the admins do not want to change the in force rules, they can create an amendment that if the perpetrator is forgiven, the ban period can be greatly shortened. The ban should be issued after the reporter declaring his attitude. If you do want to make a difference in the ban rules, please consider my opinion and convey it to the right forum.

On 6/16/2019 at 2:14 PM, Jemo said:

I have never been banned and I'm here (with some longer brakes) since 4 years. I don't think there is a problem with the current ban system. It's enough to drive carefully (maybe not 150 all the time) and use your brakes and (of course) brain while driving. :)

I cannot agree that the rules are too strict. I would make them even stricter, but... I must say it's really okay as it is right now and I wouldn't change anything.

I agree

On 7/7/2019 at 7:26 AM, Zalmoxis91 said:

Coming straight with evidence here:

I was officially banned for no reason. The mod who banned me, CarLadMatt, ignored the appeal for 3 days. He unbanned me literally 48 minutes before the ban expired, basically an "FU" to my face. He deleted the evidence too, saying that it "got lost" (because things get lost on the internet, right?).

Do you think the system is any good if people like him are game moderators or if it allows for situations like this to exist? Just because you were lucky enough to not face this kind of problem doesn't mean the system is good. It is a major problem and needs a serious fix as soon as possible.

I have been banned because one guy wouldn't break for me at night! I looked in my mirror but couldn't see very clear so I thought I had enough space to get back in lane and I just hit him a bit but it didn't stop him or anything, I didn't even see that I hit him!

2 hours ago, [TheUnion][Selim/22] said:

I agree

if you would made the rules stricter then you are sad! Its just a videogame! Instead of them focusing on rules... maybe they should actually focus on changing gameplay for example limit trucks to 90 and cars to 150.....

On 6/16/2019 at 12:51 PM, Nick2332f said:

not happy with TruckersMP ban system because I have been banned may times and some times I was innocent but the admin was being unfair. I think its not fair to get banned for months or years because sometimes you just crash by accident. They should change it

On 6/16/2019 at 12:51 PM, Nick2332f said:

I am not happy with TruckersMP ban system because I have been banned may times and some times I was innocent but the admin was being unfair. I think its not fair to get banned for months or years because sometimes you just crash by accident. They should change it to something better like when you reach 20 ban you get banned forever and like you get 3 months when you get to 10. Also their rules are very strict. They don't allow swearing like its a 4+ game. 8-9 year olds play the game and they swear the most. What would you change in the ban system?

I would change a few rules... Reduce ban time...

everything is fair and based on real life rules  people who are making topics about ban system if you be much easy if you stop driving the truck like a race car and play fairly and  you guys will see the difference.

if you would made the rules stricter then you are sad! Its just a videogame! Instead of them focusing on rules... maybe they should actually focus on changing gameplay for example limit trucks to 90 and cars to 150.....

Excuse me? Rules maintain order and stability, they exist to form a better environment and protect members of the community. Strict rules are a deterrent to rule-breakers, without rules justice would vanish.

People who are unhappy with the rules are usually the ones that tend to break them.

If I'm being completely honest, the game moderators and above are trained to do what they do which is ban people according to whether they break a rule or not and I am completely sure that they are here to actually make the community better instead of being corrupt. The system is quite slow but it is dealt with eventually but you can't really do anything about that since the staff to player ratio is massive and if I'm being honest I am still surprised that they deal with reports within a week or two. So overall I believe that the system shouldn't be changed since the game moderators are provided with evidence for your ban but if you think you've been banned falsely or haven't been given sufficient evidence for your ban, feel free to make a feedback ticket.

I think the rules and ban system are just fine. If you're driving down the road hitting everyone or even bumping into them, I would say get a wheel or uninstall the game. As far as the language goes, why do you feel the need to use it ? why not be the adult and teach the kids who are not to or just ignore them.

On 6/28/2019 at 10:51 AM, MrSirViking said:

This is not the case. I have banned people who have been here since the start of MP. Even perma banned some. We do not do favouritism. If you break the rules you get punished just like everyone else. Even moderators. Depending on the rule we broke we can get punished too. So we do not punish friends or old players any less. 

I dont believe we should change the rules from how they are now. You get 3 chances before we give you a one month ban. 3 chances is more then enough. You should change the way you drive or act after your first ban. Its not that hard to not swear at people or not drive into them. We are fair people. But even if you by accident drive into someone, if it happened because you where driving too fast or diddent keep enough distance then its your fault still and you do get banned. So i think the whole system is very fair. And as said by others, there are people on here that have been here since we started and never had a ban, so it is more than possible to do :)

Mr few days back my friend was ban for this reason  > he got banned for 7 days because an admin  made enoght space for him to overtake and then he just accelareted?!!?!?!?  and then he just denied the appeal without checking the server demo!? do u thinks thats right?! hmmm.... some admins need to be demoted and not all of them to have acces to prem ban or 7 days ... 

BigTruck

6 hours ago, Vladutz069 said:

Mr few days back my friend was ban for this reason  > he got banned for 7 days because an admin  made enoght space for him to overtake and then he just accelareted?!!?!?!?  and then he just denied the appeal without checking the server demo!? do u thinks thats right?! hmmm.... some admins need to be demoted and not all of them to have acces to prem ban or 7 days ... 

I would have banned him for that too. The admin was right here. I dont see the admin making any space for him to overtake. And the player should clearly be able to see that there is oncoming traffic. Why would he even overtake in that situation? Its dangerous and could cause an accident as it did right here. I am not trying to protect the admin here, I dont have to cause the admin was right.   But if the person who got banned has a problem with it the person can make a feedback ticket and it will be looked at :)

Admin's shouldn't play when they are on ''Duty'' really. they should...administrate whats going on, and if it's going well, and need to intervene, otherwise don't be an admin.

That's with every sandbox game online, nothing new here.

I never been banned, just kicked ones, nothing wrong with the ban system itself, some admins are friendly benefited...the admin (people)system is what need to be adressed and acknowledge.

• Community Manager
On 8/18/2019 at 5:52 PM, Vladutz069 said:

You have to be kidding, there was on coming traffic, there just was no space to overtake even if the truck before slowed down and made space.

1 hour ago, WeedyWeedNL said:

Admin's shouldn't play when they are on ''Duty'' really. they should...administrate whats going on, and if it's going well, and need to intervene, otherwise don't be an admin.

Why wouldn't an admin be allowed to play? Why would anyone want to become an admin if you can't play the game you love.

Just like in the example mentioned. Why wouldn't he be allowed to drive his truck and kick or ban people for what he sees during his travels. There obviously is evidence so he is accountable for his actions.

Groet / Sincerly,

Pascal (Purrie)

Ofcourse he can play, maybe i wasn't very clear.

Any other can,  but you sign voluntary to be admin to be an actual active admin not just for your own benefits, when yourself stumble on something, as de video just proved the point in this case.

you should ask yourself how much useful an admin is, when he isn't looking(what makes you an admin in the first place i guess) because he's playing. not just talking about the video alone, but overall experience i have with some admins.

you cannot respond to the report system when your parking your trailer, for a example.. you get my point.

while the other truck without the trailer is driving reckless and sqeez right through (truck infront of the admin) but the admin didn't bother somehow till he gets hits, an other proven point of own beneficial use in the most cases.

i know that, last year there were admins floating around high density area's and really looking like police agents.

Not many people realize how much work it is to be an admin in a "sandbox game'' and that's why alot of people are complaining about the report system i think.

Not to bash anyone in this matter, just open for a debate.

• Community Manager

I would have to disagree with you on that topic ?

I see the above example as driving around and seeing something bad and acting upon it, just like a patrol vehicle does.  This way a volunteer can play the game he loves and keep order at the same time. By driving around you see things happening on the road and can decide to warn (kick) or to write a ticket (ban). If you limit yourself to congested areas every other area will be 'lawless'. When the admins drive around and you might get kicked or banned you're probably more careful. From my own experience: When driving around Sint Petersburg I got kicked for taking a shortcut. Never doing that again ?

Sure you can sit still and hover around certain areas and act upon everything you see but that probably would limit the admins workspace to C-D, Europort and a part of Germany.

If I were an admin I could see myself hovering over an area to spot stuff, but that would be my choice at that moment. Not because I am on duty and cannot drive around.

As I said before I would opt for removing the in game report system. It just doesn't work properly enough while the website reporting functions well.

Groet / Sincerly,

Pascal (Purrie)

18 hours ago, purrie said:

I would have to disagree with you on that topic ?

I see the above example as driving around and seeing something bad and acting upon it, just like a patrol vehicle does.  This way a volunteer can play the game he loves and keep order at the same time. By driving around you see things happening on the road and can decide to warn (kick) or to write a ticket (ban). If you limit yourself to congested areas every other area will be 'lawless'. When the admins drive around and you might get kicked or banned you're probably more careful. From my own experience: When driving around Sint Petersburg I got kicked for taking a shortcut. Never doing that again ?

Sure you can sit still and hover around certain areas and act upon everything you see but that probably would limit the admins workspace to C-D, Europort and a part of Germany.

If I were an admin I could see myself hovering over an area to spot stuff, but that would be my choice at that moment. Not because I am on duty and cannot drive around.

As I said before I would opt for removing the in game report system. It just doesn't work properly enough while the website reporting functions well.

Oke i see your point, as i can see is almost the same, only in your statement your on the road, and my point of view is from the sky with a bigger perspective, ever been admin anyway in a sandbox or ever  hosted a server?  then you know what i mean.

everywhere the admin doesn't drive is lawless either, i don't think it stands any ground here...as with floating around the map your way faster and you could respond in order to the ingame report system (thousands a minute though xD)

your "work'' space is actually bigger, because this works, but no one just want's do to it this way, as earlier stated and seen by members, for the full potential of an admin.

It just amaze me that it isn't figure out yet.

It's a individually admin, but still, he used it for his ones benefit, as no one replies yet to it.

he intervene on the moment someone interrupt his way, and not other's.

But hey end of the day it's still a game

Happy trucking!

• Community Manager

If there was just one admin I would agree. But as I see it there might me multiple admins online and if they all drive around the changes you get caught for doing something you shouldn't is higher than if they just hover around in 1 area. It's like if you see a police car patrolling you are more careful if you come across them every now and then.

Groet / Sincerly,

Pascal (Purrie)

From what i understand, is that you didn't get the point really, or i just can't make myself clear to you..no one mention that they need to hover above 1 area, few admins with bigger perspectives all over the map and co-op 

people should be always pay attention en respect others, not just if there is an admin around that's just hypocritical.

we should cease here, haaie :)

On 8/5/2019 at 11:41 PM, China YZ_22B said:

Here I provide you an idea. In Chinese laws, the defendant will get a light sentence if he gets forgiven by the complainant. Legal system is more mature than video game rules so that the laws can be referred. If the admins do not want to change the in force rules, they can create an amendment that if the perpetrator is forgiven, the ban period can be greatly shortened. The ban should be issued after the reporter declaring his attitude. If you do want to make a difference in the ban rules, please consider my opinion and convey it to the right forum.

LoL.  Oh yeah, let's start requiring reports to include whether or not we want to forgive the person.  How about this, if the person has been reported, we clearly haven't forgiven them and want them to be punished.

If you break a rule, I don't care what excuse you come up with, you still broke a rule.

On 8/12/2019 at 6:28 AM, Nick2332f said:

I have been banned because one guy wouldn't break for me at night! I looked in my mirror but couldn't see very clear so I thought I had enough space to get back in lane and I just hit him a bit but it didn't stop him or anything, I didn't even see that I hit him!

I would change a few rules... Reduce ban time...

If you want to use the "it's a video game" argument, why don't you go play single player since you can do whatever you want there?  If you're going to play TMP, there are rules that you've agreed to follow and they come with punishments if you don't follow them.  Honestly they should just start handing out perma-bans like candy, I'd love to watch the rage from all the reckless drivers and children since most people seem to think their entitled to play TMP however they want.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived