Should TruckersMP change their ban system?

Nick2332f

Hi  how does the report system in game because last night I was driving on a THREE WAY motorway and this truck decided it would be fun to play bumper trucks with me it was only 2 of us on then road I did report it via the tab button but the system said it timed out.  I guess I need to run fraps from now on because the system keeps timing out

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Andy2790 I'm afraid you're right there. The amount of work and reports that admins get in-game is huge, meaning many of them fade away before they are able to check them. Recording your gameplay is the best way to make sure you get your reports reviewed, as no web reports ever go unnoticed. Remember to type /pinfo [in-game ID of the offender] though! ;)

Usually findable between Western Germany and Denmark.

percent_0

The ban system of rules i believe are spot on. Maybe a tweek here or there with allowed accessories on trailers or trucks and cargos. The report/ ban standard is what I would say needs some work. The ban should be deserving of the violation. The Mod has choice for first 3 bans but I do see some that go right to Perma for trailer configs, but 3 day ramming. Kinda not fair in my opinion. Ramming should be harsher dealt with then save editing cause the trailer caused no damage to either party. warnings would be nice to cause some just boot you. More mods working ets2 and even ats would be nice cause there are times I bet no one is on moderating. Again just my thoughts.

I think if you don't get banned in the past 2 years your punishment tier should go down as a reward for not getting banned for that long.

Also I think the punishments should be reduced if it looks like someone broke a rule on accident because everyone makes mistakes and you shouldn't be heavily punished for it. For example if it looks like someone broke the rules on accident they only get a 1-2 day ban but on purpose they get up to 4-5 days. 

Bring hw id ban system, remove stupid rules and see if they will be able to ban evade, it is not hard to think...

On 6/23/2019 at 7:19 AM, Positivetrucking168 said:

I feel that positive interactions and applying a restorative approach towards banned players rather than harsher punishments is the way how players can improve, as the only thing I would like to see in the end for banned players is losing the ability to play the game and nothing else. 

A bit of topic hijacking but you have pointed out a very important aspect, the interaction between TMP and player.  as I see it developed into two extreme directions. 

To topic:  road rule is always associated with your bans.   You breaks free if innocent, or deserves ban otherwise.

You should never ignore the compulsory acceptance of TMP rules that pop-ups, at registration and whenever changed.

But the ban decision is really inconsistent as far as I witnessed - banned for lessor offence but just a KICK for hazardous offence....

The current ban system is horribly implemented. Some troll rammed me twice, reported me before I did him and shortly after I got banned. Now the mod that banned me, CarLadMatt,  ignores the appeal and just does what he wants. There is no consequence of mod abuse. If you are banned unfairly, you wait 3 days for nothing while your appeal sits there being ignored. Then you submit a feedback which gets a reply, but the mod will still do as he wants because who cares about the players?? 

Either make the bans shorter, like a few hours or a day, so that even with the current abuse/disgusting ignorance, you at least won't lose that much time when some guy just decides to get it over with and bans without a care in the world. Keep the longer bans for the abusive trolls or just make more mods decide on a longer ban.

Or at least let other mods continue the appeal if somebody is too lazy to do their job. This is a really disgusting system and I was honestly surprised to face this kind of abuse in a game in 2019.

@Nick2332f

I don't think that they should change the system.

You have to watch out how you're driving and you can just say "It was an accident"

You can't say "I'm sorry, it was an accident" in real life too.

I think they should care about more important topics than the ban system as it's good enough.

I haven't been banned for a long time now cause I learned how to behave in this game.

You can only learn how to drive correctly when you get punnished for mistakes as well.

On 7/5/2019 at 4:46 PM, LetFresh said:

@Nick2332f

I don't think that they should change the system.

You have to watch out how you're driving and you can just say "It was an accident"

You can't say "I'm sorry, it was an accident" in real life too.

I think they should care about more important topics than the ban system as it's good enough.

I haven't been banned for a long time now cause I learned how to behave in this game.

You can only learn how to drive correctly when you get punnished for mistakes as well.

Coming straight with evidence here:

I was officially banned for no reason. The mod who banned me, CarLadMatt, ignored the appeal for 3 days. He unbanned me literally 48 minutes before the ban expired, basically an "FU" to my face. He deleted the evidence too, saying that it "got lost" (because things get lost on the internet, right?).

Do you think the system is any good if people like him are game moderators or if it allows for situations like this to exist? Just because you were lucky enough to not face this kind of problem doesn't mean the system is good. It is a major problem and needs a serious fix as soon as possible.

11 hours ago, Zalmoxis91 said:

Coming straight with evidence here:

I was officially banned for no reason. The mod who banned me, CarLadMatt, ignored the appeal for 3 days. He unbanned me literally 48 minutes before the ban expired, basically an "FU" to my face. He deleted the evidence too, saying that it "got lost" (because things get lost on the internet, right?).

Do you think the system is any good if people like him are game moderators or if it allows for situations like this to exist? Just because you were lucky enough to not face this kind of problem doesn't mean the system is good. It is a major problem and needs a serious fix as soon as possible.

How do you fix human error? Exactly. You do not.
I understand that you were annoyed by a ban that turned out to be a mistake. But let us not forget that moderators are humans and not machines.
Also, waiting for a response for 3 days may make you feel that you are ignored, but I strongly doubt that this incident is a personal vendetta against you. The game moderator might have been busy with taking care of reports of another 100 rule violations.

On 7/7/2019 at 6:46 PM, Joao Rodrigues said:

How do you fix human error? Exactly. You do not.
I understand that you were annoyed by a ban that turned out to be a mistake. But let us not forget that moderators are humans and not machines.
Also, waiting for a response for 3 days may make you feel that you are ignored, but I strongly doubt that this incident is a personal vendetta against you. The game moderator might have been busy with taking care of reports of another 100 rule violations.

There are systems that prevent or lessen the damage from human error. Quite a LOT of them actually. Any can be implemented as a support measure.

He banned me without proof. There is literally no excuse for this. 

If he bans more people than he can handle then he shouldn't do it so easily in the first place. That's on him too.

You gotta understand that he is not some child in school. A slap on the wrist is not acceptable consequence or taking responsibility for your mistakes. The more you take it easy on them, the more abuse they can dish out without anything held against them. Imagine doing a mistake like this in your workplace, how would it pan out in the end? Just your boss saying: "Hey, it's alright if you mistreat the clients as long as you're cool with one or two of them." I doubt it.

I disagree with the idea of changing the Ban System so you can max out to 20-30 bans. I'm driving in MP since May 2015 and never got banned. I simply stick with the traffic rules.  That saves me a lot of trouble, and I most likely won't break any rules like this. And to be fair, most of the TMP Rules are common sense rules anyways.

If you have been banned so many times, you've to ask yourself; "What I was actually did and got banned ?" I don't know the taste of the ban. Follow the rules, sometimes obey. For example, stop at the red lights even there's no traffic. It's way funny. Isn't it ? And plus, swearing is not a good behavior in public. Your parents should have taught you. 

image.php?u=4694956&type=sigpic&dateline

On 6/28/2019 at 11:51 AM, MrSirViking said:

This is not the case. I have banned people who have been here since the start of MP. Even perma banned some. We do not do favouritism. If you break the rules you get punished just like everyone else. Even moderators. Depending on the rule we broke we can get punished too. So we do not punish friends or old players any less. 

I dont believe we should change the rules from how they are now. You get 3 chances before we give you a one month ban. 3 chances is more then enough. You should change the way you drive or act after your first ban. Its not that hard to not swear at people or not drive into them. We are fair people. But even if you by accident drive into someone, if it happened because you where driving too fast or diddent keep enough distance then its your fault still and you do get banned. So i think the whole system is very fair. And as said by others, there are people on here that have been here since we started and never had a ban, so it is more than possible to do :)

Agree.

I was banned once because I accidentally rammed a player. Now I always drive 90 km / h, which is much safer.

I think it's a good system.

284174119_role_VeteranI.png.f09bfbb8fe2a

license plate: JVERKEL

The banning system is flawed in the respect that it isn't consistent. The system is vexatious and bans/kicks are often arbitrary, e.g. some mods ban users, others kick and some ignore completely. Also, some users are banned for genuine mistakes which does seem unfair. No system is perfect but TruckersMP banning methodology could be improved.

The current ban system is absolutely fine, if you break a rule, you get banned, simple!
Put it into a real life perspective, if you were allowed to go out onto the roads and ram someone or cause a nasty collision 20+ times before you were permanently banned from driving, that would be very dangerous and very life threatening. The same principles work in game, you get a few (just a few) chances where you get small bans so you can come back to prove yourself better, but if you keep doing things wrong and breaking rules, you clearly are doing something wrong and it is too risky for other players in the game to have you around.
I say 5 chances (small bans) before a permanent ban is a very good amount to allow you to make changes for the better.

18 minutes ago, Garret said:

The in-game report system is basically useless.

Actually, our in-game report system works fine, there are just so many reports that it's impossible to review them all.

Our GM team is doing its best to review reports as much as they can, but it would require an entire raid of at least a hundred of GMs, spread across all servers and full time on them, to deal with each in-game report incoming.

You should watch some streams of GMs doing in-game work on Twitch, you'll see that it's more complex than it appears to be.

Last point, it takes around 2-4min to review one report, and they're deleted after 10min to save server's health.

Like i said in an other Thread, the Rules and Punishment System is the Result of the Behaviour of the People who play the Game! If you behave calm, respectful and obey the rules, you never get banned. If you thinking you can play like a wild boar, you will face the consequences, like in real life.

If you got banned the 5th time within 2 Months, after your joining the TMP community, there is nothing wrong with the Rules or Punishment System, there must be something wrong with your Behaviour!!!!!

The only thing that is a little "problem", new or unexperienced GM will be mostly softer with the duration of their punishments, espacially if its obvious that the perpetrator doing it on purpose!

If you think that you were punished unfairly, use the appeal system.
For a reliable result, always keep a record of the gameplay and provide your video evidence to admins.
Even if you are wrong, you can always appeal, promising to correct in the future.
If there are counterarguments, explanations or just an apology, in most cases the administration will meet you halfway.

Insults and swearing are unacceptable.
Help to make the resource better, make out reporting correctly for each seen situation, regardless of the age of the player, and the game will be better for you and everyone else.

I think they should stay the same. I've never been banned since I started in 2016. You should never be banned for no reason anyway.

If you think you were banned by mistake or something you think you shouldn't have been banned for you can always appeal it.

Dylan

Steam | TruckersMPTwitter |

Discord: .Dylan#0001

Archived