Should TruckersMP change their ban system?

Nick2332f

I am not happy with TruckersMP ban system because I have been banned may times and some times I was innocent but the admin was being unfair. I think its not fair to get banned for months or years because sometimes you just crash by accident. They should change it to something better like when you reach 20 ban you get banned forever and like you get 3 months when you get to 10. Also their rules are very strict. They don't allow swearing like its a 4+ game. 8-9 year olds play the game and they swear the most. What would you change in the ban system?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there Nick and thanks for creating this discussion. We're sorry that you're not happy with our ban system and we'd like to hear feedback not only from you but also from the rest of the community, of course. Nevertheless, you created your topic in Euro Truck Simulator 2 Discussion, which is not the right section for it. The right one would be General Discussion, because the ban system is something that affects both games that TruckersMP supports, and not only ETS2. It would be great if you could take that into account the next time you're about to create a topic ;). That said,

//Moved to General Discussion.

Have a nice day!

Usually findable between Western Germany and Denmark.

percent_0

Why don't you ask yourself what to change before you suggest to change a whole ban system?

If you get banned so many times, then it must be something on you, don't you think?

I personally didn't get a ban yet. Nevertheless, I also have a lot of accidents. They happen to all of us, also to staff members.

Just don't forget to apologise or to record the game as well. If a staff member sees an accident from different perspectives, he might understand your actions better.

About the swearings: Just because kids swear it doesn't have to mean that you need to swear as well. Ignore them and you are good. 

image.png.d89587f1d5db45c35842d6470a3597cb.png - image.png.8a33dca516f517c97d889b2663475830.pngimage.png.303fcd79c42df80b154f88224b55ad02.png - image.png.d5613947ba2cde10b014d07d663bef3c.png

discord: apoo#2436 image.png.9bca92bc6bd687ccdd95d71eba4bab9d.pngimage.png.03b5da7810f2c8171120de08d46ce134.pngimage.png.34cd02e37c0e61a26ec144a312c6dc83.png

Honestly, the current system works well, if you were banned multiple times, maybe you should check the evidence provided for your ban and if there is a discrepancy you can prove, appeal the ban, if not, think about maybe changing the way you drive and the way you act in TMP, personally ive only had 1 ban and that was a looonnng time ago before the big rule change came in so essentially under the new rules, my ban is invalid, but it happened 4 years ago so eh. 

The whole principle of the system is to protect every driver out there, from the super experienced to the inexperienced, the rules are clear and simple to understand and if you break those rules, then im afraid you deserve all that you get. 

Admittedly there are times when we all wish that either x player would get banned or that an admin would come and ban a player for causing major traffic jams, but at the end of the day, the system works for the most part, especially comparing the current system to the old system we used to have where the only way to get a player banned was to be actively recording every time you drive. 

All that I will say is this, instead of complaining about feeling unfairly banned, look at the reasons why you were banned, If you still feel it to be unjustified, think of a new system to replace the 'failed' system and suggest that in the forums.

Hey,

I think that this topic fits better as a Suggestion.

Choose the proper place to post a topic and describe what do you want to change or what's your idea to make TruckersMP better.

Check here: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/285-suggestions/

Before create a topic read those topics:

In my opinion ban system is okay and there is nothing to change. That's understandable you've been banned many times but is it the reason to change it? I think nope.

Sometimes people do not follow the rules. They just accept them and do not read.. why? Then they say.. "I've been banned and it wasn't my fault".

People sometimes should be more carefully. In my opinion system of bans shouldn't be changed because there is nothing to change. System is good... but this is a fault of users.

2 minutes ago, Remnant light said:

I think the rules of TruckersMP don't need to change, because the rules are fair (if you are in an unexpected situation, only you provide accurate evidence, I believe the administrator must have a better judgment)

I agree with you. TruckersMP has created the rules fair. We've created them to make a lot of situations clear and to inform you, what kind of behavior are allowed.

27 minutes ago, Nick2332f said:

I am not happy with TruckersMP ban system because I have been banned may times and some times I was innocent but the admin was being unfair. I think its not fair to get banned for months or years because sometimes you just crash by accident. They should change it to something better like when you reach 20 ban you get banned forever and like you get 3 months when you get to 10. Also their rules are very strict. They don't allow swearing like its a 4+ game. 8-9 year olds play the game and they swear the most. What would you change in the ban system?

You shouldn't be angry because the reason that kids are playing this game. Also I think about this what did you say. If in your opinion issued ban was incorrect you can appeal of your ban.

Also you can use the Feedback system if in your opinion issued ban and Game Moderator decision were incorrect. But remember that you can do it after create a ban appeal.

For the the end I would like to remind that we have created the rules for you, for the people who use TruckersMP and the rules are very important. Hmm.. so why people do not follow the rules?

Kind Regards

JJay

Nie ma magicznych skrótów do rozwiązania Twoich problemów.

Ban appeal | Complaints / Feedback | TruckersMP Rules | Join the Team |

Just try to see it like this: There are people who have been playing TMP for more than 4 years without one single ban. You have been playing for less than 2 months and already have 5 bans (that's why your last one is 3 months long). The rules and the ban system are the same for everyone. So, how would you explain it? It's just as easy as following the rules. If you can't, then maybe you should find another game or stick to single player (no rules or bans there). About "unfair bans", this is something that almost everyone who has received a ban will say. And it may be true in some cases, but... 5 times? Really?

Changing the system so players can be banned 20 or 30 times would only make TMP totally unbearable, only the trolls, reckless players, idiots who think the rules are not meant for them, would be happy... A lot more chances to destroy other people's game time without punishment. Is this what you want?

I have never been banned and I'm here (with some longer brakes) since 4 years. I don't think there is a problem with the current ban system. It's enough to drive carefully (maybe not 150 all the time) and use your brakes and (of course) brain while driving. :)

I cannot agree that the rules are too strict. I would make them even stricter, but... I must say it's really okay as it is right now and I wouldn't change anything.

The ban system is well-made, perhaps it lacks a little improvement as to how long people should be banned, which I honestly believe is a short period of time. I look forward to harsher punishments.

Keep in mind that the only people who are affected by the rules are the rule-abiding ones, if you complain, then you're not a rule-abiding player, naturally because you don't abide by them as we do.

On 6/16/2019 at 12:57 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Just try to see it like this: There are people who have been playing TMP for more than 4 years without one single ban. So, how would you explain it?

Many of them may be friends of admins/moderators (just a guess to answer your question). Also, when a moderator looks on a player for several years without single ban, he can forgive violation of rules. While a newbie would be banned without hesitation. This is how things usually work in games online.

^ And I can confirm this is not how things work here. People get punished based on their actions, not the time they've been around (even if being here for a long time usually means they're more responsible, indeed). As a part of the staff, I can say I've never seen this happen here.

Usually findable between Western Germany and Denmark.

percent_0

6 hours ago, antoca said:

Many of them may be friends of admins/moderators (just a guess to answer your question). Also, when a moderator looks on a player for several years without single ban, he can forgive violation of rules. While a newbie would be banned without hesitation. This is how things usually work in games online.

Well, I can't talk about others, but myself, more than 4 years, not one ban in my history and I'm not friends with any GM (or any other TMP staff member), so to put it simpler: If I could play TMP for that long and have no bans, anyone can. Like I said before, it's just about knowing and following the rules. Of course it's easier (and according to many, also funnier) to just ignore the rules. But then, players who do it are usually the ones who come complaining about "unfair" bans and asking to change the system.

5 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Well, I can't talk about others, but myself, more than 4 years, not one ban in my history and I'm not friends with any GM (or any other TMP staff member), so to put it simpler: If I could play TMP for that long and have no bans, anyone can. Like I said before, it's just about knowing and following the rules. Of course it's easier (and according to many, also funnier) to just ignore the rules. But then, players who do it are usually the ones who come complaining about "unfair" bans and asking to change the system.

100% this.  It's completely possible to play this game with a mouse and keyboard without causing accidents, and if you're not confident in your driving, single player exists for you to practice. 

We all know though that these kids wont learn from their mistakes and better themselves, so at least we can laugh at them when they complain that the ban system is unfair.

On 6/16/2019 at 11:51 AM, Nick2332f said:

well, you had enough chances. if you are getting banned for those 3 month, it must be your 5th ban and as you just played for about 2 month there must really be sth wrong with your behaviour. im playing now about 1 year at tmp, with about 1000 hours effective play time (now idea how much idle time i have, im regularly forget to close the games or stop driving and chat with somebody, whatever) and didnt had a single ban. A few times i had luck, but always apologized to the other persons and never hit anybody intentionally. Also i got kicked a few times by admins, a few times innocent, but a few times it was my mistake. Those innocent kicked also annoyed me a bit, but the game moderators are also just humans and do mistakes. 

Also, just because other broke the rules you arent allowed to break the rules, too. 

13 hours ago, antoca said:

You are banned on your actions, not because because of game time. Also there are so many game moderators and they work the reports in order, so you never know, who is looking at the reports.  So knowing some game moderators doesnt help you at all. 

if you are innocent then provide proof that you are. if you are playing this like its GTA or NFS then you deserve your ban. if you were following TMP's rules and not driving like it is a racing game you wouldn't be banned as many times as you have been. the rules and ban system doesn't need to change it is you that needs to change. you agreed to follow the rules when you joined and you are complaining that the rules are wrong. guess what, you are the one that is wrong. either change the way you play while on the TMP servers, or go play another game.

I don't think that they have to change something.

I am Member since: 17 Dec 2018 01:45 UTC  and do not even get a ban or a kick.

Keep distance, drive carefully, and the admins have no reason for a ban.

To be fair, reading about your idea that ban limits should be increased to 20 - 30 bans, I feel that it's not a good idea to implement that at all because we are giving the sense that trolls are allowed to freely roam around the map and cause damage and then we would end up earning a negative reputation around the community. TruckersMP would end up becoming a much more dangerous space to play if we were more lax on the number of bans the player receives within one year. 

I do indeed feel though that the way TruckersMP applies punishments can be improved on a much wider scale to see game moderators provide a more positive impact on banned players in general - the way I see people getting banned is that we don't just talk about what the player has done but I see it also as an opportunity at times to start up positive relationships with banned players as a way to see them turn themselves around, a way to see hope for them both inside and outside the community, whether it's a permanently banned player or someone doing just a few days. I feel that positive interactions and applying a restorative approach towards banned players rather than harsher punishments is the way how players can improve, as the only thing I would like to see in the end for banned players is losing the ability to play the game and nothing else. 

On 6/19/2019 at 6:08 PM, antoca said:

This is not the case. I have banned people who have been here since the start of MP. Even perma banned some. We do not do favouritism. If you break the rules you get punished just like everyone else. Even moderators. Depending on the rule we broke we can get punished too. So we do not punish friends or old players any less. 

I dont believe we should change the rules from how they are now. You get 3 chances before we give you a one month ban. 3 chances is more then enough. You should change the way you drive or act after your first ban. Its not that hard to not swear at people or not drive into them. We are fair people. But even if you by accident drive into someone, if it happened because you where driving too fast or diddent keep enough distance then its your fault still and you do get banned. So i think the whole system is very fair. And as said by others, there are people on here that have been here since we started and never had a ban, so it is more than possible to do :)

Archived