Overtaking in-game

xhavefunx

Hello community,

In this guide, i'll teach you how to properly overtake in-game, or at least, how trucks in real life do this. In the right hand mirror, the distance is hard to predict with a trailer, especially at night. When the distance between the overtaking truck and overtaken truck is safe enough, the overtaken truck will flash his high beam. At last the overtaking truck enters the right lane again and thanks the overtaken truck for his help with his indicators (left-right-left-right). Some truckers like to make a disco of it, and do something like (left-right-left-right-hazard-beacons). However, some trucks won't even bother to flash their high beam, or thank you.

However, this helps more in-game than it actually helps in real life. Since we got lag in MP, the overtaken truck could help the overtaking truck a lot using their high beam. It's too bad however 90% of the players in-game have no idea what you mean, or they think you're just greeting them. So i hope you learned something today! 

• Upvote 15

It's a bad habit to use cameras & drive.

I use a Dashcam? although technically he could've mounted it onto a hat or helmet and therefore whenever he turned you'd be able to see what he saw; not a major issue really although he did admit to using it in hand.

But I get your point, nice to know people are aware of those around us.

Kind regards,

Matthew

Same here, but I like the video anyway. Truckers are often pictured as assholes, but they are not. Most people don't understand how dangerous it can be to merge right in front of a truck. I am not a real trucker, but I never had problems with them on the road.

with truck drivers the best thing to do (in game and RL) is just give them room leave them enough room and they will be out of the way in no time 

you see it alot in game a player will have a moment and block the road and everybody boxes them in but if you just leave some room problems can sort themselves out really quick

• Upvote 2

Just a cool video with good advices on how to behave on the roads. Thank you for sharing this!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
uKXmbLR.png
Norbert M. (Vorsitzender)
ATiR Trans GmbH
Hahnstraße 83d
D-60528 Frankfurt am Main

E-Mail: [email protected]
Telefon/TS3: norbert79

Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, HRB 55933,
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
USt-ID-Nummer: DE126789124
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE30732269

nicely done, thats exactly what i do ingame too but no one seems to care for my lights or me saying thank you.

i would prefer only use the horn on me if im about to ram you so i can correct it.

I would brake and regain speed, or if the road is wide enough i would move a side. Don't gonna have a newb disturb my journey  :P 'Horning' has a different meaning in-game, for most of the time  <_<

Are there still countrys in which it is allowed to use a phone while driving?

Not that i know of. Might as well ask then if there is a country in which seatbelts aren't required, because i barely use them either. Never had any problems with the police. If i get into a situation that requires my full attention, i lay down my phone and mute it. Many people have their judgemental thoughts about 'a professional' using his phone whilst driving. But they'll understand after driving 1000 km non stop.  :lol:

Lol I can somehow relate to this. I don't drive real trucks and I always drive sober in real cars. But during my ETS2MP relaxing time I do various things whilst driving, ranging from typing in chat (ETS2 equivalent of texting and driving) to filling my vaporizer with herbs and/or tobacco to opening a bottle of beer. These things are more dangerous in the game than in real life to me. Because ingame, you don't have G-forces and your view is limited to your monitor's size.

• Upvote 2

I'm always using right hand truck (UK Interior), when someone overtake me in UK its easier too see them, but when i'm not in UK (more like 80% i'm driving not in UK), i'm looking to left mirror very often. Some using horn so i know they overtake me, but some doesn't even give any warn. I'll using signal to the side of the road, drive more to the edge of the road and slowing down. I have desyng because my ping always around 300ms (I'm in Asia).

TERjqBU.png

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I do this all the time, but some are just ignoring it, could be because they don't look at their sidemirror , that they just wait until they are 100 meters infront or they don't know what it means and just think you're saying hello.

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...

^ He flashed his high beam. In the right hand mirror, the distance is hard to predict with a trailer, especially at night. When the distance between the overtaking truck and overtaken truck is safe enough, the overtaken truck will flash his high beam. At last the overtaking truck enters the right lane again and thanks the overtaken truck for his help with his indicators (left-right-left-right). Some truckers like to make a disco of it, and do something like (left-right-left-right-hazard-beacons). However, some trucks won't even bother to flash their high beam, or thank you.

However, this helps more in-game than it actually helps in real life. Since we got lag in MP, the overtaken truck could help the overtaking truck a lot using their high beam. It's too bad however 90% of the players in-game have no idea what you mean, or they think you're just greeting them.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.