Overtaking in-game

xhavefunx

Using your phone while driving is mostly illegal but let's get back to this topic, which is about overtaking (in-game) :)

Moved to Guides.​

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ He flashed his high beam. In the right hand mirror, the distance is hard to predict with a trailer, especially at night. When the distance between the overtaking truck and overtaken truck is safe enough, the overtaken truck will flash his high beam. At last the overtaking truck enters the right lane again and thanks the overtaken truck for his help with his indicators (left-right-left-right). Some truckers like to make a disco of it, and do something like (left-right-left-right-hazard-beacons). However, some trucks won't even bother to flash their high beam, or thank you.

However, this helps more in-game than it actually helps in real life. Since we got lag in MP, the overtaken truck could help the overtaking truck a lot using their high beam. It's too bad however 90% of the players in-game have no idea what you mean, or they think you're just greeting them.

How come the thank you "code" is using turning signals? Around here it is 2 hazzard light blinks.  I've seen some people do that with the turning signals and i was thinking they like to party or something

76561198016678105.png

This is good guide and I have read about this before.

Using high beams correctly in multiplayer at night seems to be hard for some drivers. As in real life you don't come high beams switched on towards someone. That would make the person temporarily blind. In real life you switch high beams off manually or they go off automatically. Okay, in multiplayer the high beams of other drivers aren't that bright, but still it would make the gaming experience little better to see people switch those high beams off.     

Not everyone makes this mistake.. 

• Upvote 2

Ready to go!

Left, Right, Left is always used here in Aus because that is what I believe is meant to be used, so when I first someone using their hazards, I was a little confused. 

When I flash my lights, I also give a few squirts of the air horn as well just because some people don't know what the lights mean.

^ Interesting. Pavel states that they do have a team for a multiplayer function of the game, but they won't be releasing it any time soon. He states the known fact that multiplayer mod people are very active, but they won't have to expect anything from SCS soon, they'll have to be more patient with them. 

He also states that they started working on buses over 2 years ago but they ran in to scheduling problems and they are having a hard time getting licenses for buses. He also states that 'At the moment we only have 1 bus licensed for the Bus DLC', so that'll definitly be a DLC. They surely will appear one day sooner or later in ETS2   :lol:

He also states they they started working on a recovery truck years ago, to have the ability to tow damaged trucks. They also considered police and ambulances for the game. This would be awesome for the MP mod. However, he states that they have around 50+ people working now at SCS. They'll have to expand in order to fulfil these wishes. 

Trucks here in America will flash their hazards for two seconds to say thank you.

In Poland, drivers use hazard lights to say thank you too

Wysłane z mojego LG-H440n przy użyciu Tapatalka

I mainly see truckers using their high beams during the day to let others know there are authorities around so that they know to slow down.  Though oddly, I see it more often now than I have for the last couple of decades.  It used to be pretty common in the late 80's

signature.png

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.