Do you have a high beam at night?

咖啡奶油

I know that turning on the high beam when driving at night can cause trouble for other drivers. However, if it is not turned on, it will increase the probability of an accident, and I can't easily appreciate the scenery along the way :(

So, I just want to know, will you open it at night? Whether you are playing multiplayer games, is single player still in reality?

Mostly i keep it with low beams. If i see a player approaching, i'll turn on high beam for a few moments to make sure he sees me.

43 minutes ago, ØuskilleЯ said:

Mostly i keep it with low beams. If i see a player approaching, i'll turn on high beam for a few moments to make sure he sees me.

I do quite the opposite, I'll drive with high beams on as long as there's no one in front of my truck and switch to headlights as soon as I see someone coming on the other way or overtaking me.

22 hours ago, 咖啡奶油 said:

I know that turning on the high beam when driving at night can cause trouble for other drivers.

In no way does someone having their high beams on impact my vision.  Only issue that I can think of would be frame-rate and if someone's lights causes you an issue, perhaps you shouldn't be playing TMP as you probably won't have the FPS to drive safely.

22 hours ago, ØuskilleЯ said:

The exact opposite of what you should be doing.....

21 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I do quite the opposite, I'll drive with high beams on as long as there's no one in front of my truck and switch to headlights as soon as I see someone coming on the other way or overtaking me.

I like doing this as well, even if there's not much of a reason too.  Though with most of my Finland driving I can make it around fairly well with just the headlights. :)

6 hours ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

The exact opposite of what you should be doing.....

I hope i am misunderstanding you, but from this quote i see that you're telling me i need to keep my high beams on at all times during night time. I think that's unnecessary, because i'm completely fine with low beams at most times. It makes driving at night more interesting instead of having it pretty much day time on your side the entire time with those fat roof lights.

Again, i might have misunderstood you, or you might have misunderstood me. Let me know.

On 6/14/2019 at 12:26 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

T h i s .

I use high beams whenever they increase my safety and the safety of others.
With oncoming traffic approaching or traffic overtaking me I always turn high beams off.
Naturally, I keep them off in built-up areas.

2 hours ago, ØuskilleЯ said:

I hope i am misunderstanding you, but from this quote i see that you're telling me i need to keep my high beams on at all times during night time. I think that's unnecessary, because i'm completely fine with low beams at most times. It makes driving at night more interesting instead of having it pretty much day time on your side the entire time with those fat roof lights.

Again, i might have misunderstood you, or you might have misunderstood me. Let me know.

I do agree that it's quite easy to see at night with just the low beams (I think the game needs darker nights personally), but I more meant that you're supposed to drive with your high beams on at night and dip them only when approaching another vehicle.  If you're driving with low beams you shouldn't flash your high beams at other drivers in greeting.  You also don't need to cover your vehicle in roof and grill lights for high beams, the base ones on the truck are perfectly fine (I've never understood why people have lights in every slot).

^

I'm not supposed to drive with high beams. For me it's better to keep it on low beams and only flash my high beams when approaching someone or a sharp corner. These new skyboxes in ets2 make it easier to see at night so i don't see why i should keep my high beams on for the rest of the night. But everyone has his/her own preferences so there's not much we can do.

I do not really use the high beams that often. If I do, the situation most be very bad. I always turn them off when another player approaches. Some people act like the high beams are the lights on a christmas tree but you should use them wise ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There;

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me.  

//Moved to Archive

Archived