Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Connection Error - Retry?

jokkeman66

Question

Hello :) 

I have been having this problem for 4 months now. The game simply won't launch.

image.png.e5effd35243d76000d72c77075b95a79.png

I have tried:

Restarting my PC (obviously).

Reinstalling TruckersMP 10-20 times, making sure every file on every drive that has anything to do with TruckersMP got deleted.

Launching when on a different connection.

Launching with and without steam open.

Clicking OK, which sends me to the download page. I have tried downloading it again from there with no luck.

EDIT: I have also tried launching with a VPN. No luck.

The TruckersMP folder only contains these files: 

image.png.a716e8d7b648b2e56ab9fb375f3c4108.png

I guess I don't have all the files, since I can't even reach the launcher for some reason.

I have noticed that the installation time is extremely fast, almost instant. 

Any help is appreciated, I really want to play this again but I really don't know what to do.

5 answers to this question

Hello 

In order, to fix this issue I recommend you to follow the next steps:

Make sure you have the latest .Net Framework
Clean your temp files with CCleaner
Check your temp files path and make sure it's located at C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache
If you don't have "INetCache" folder make a new folder and name it "temp" and then open the Windows temp settings and choose the new path by clicking on Move folder...

If the above steps didn't work for you, open Command Prompt as admin and type net user Administrator /active:yes .This will activate the built-in Administrator account.

1-Log out your account and log in the Administrator account.
2-Open TruckersMP launcher and install the updates. Try to launch the game and see it if works.
3-Log out again and log back in with your normal account.
4-If you still have the same error you can keep playing from the Administrator account as a temporary solution.?

20 minutes ago, [Mega Trans] CrystaL said:

Hello 

In order, to fix this issue I recommend you to follow the next steps:

Make sure you have the latest .Net Framework
Clean your temp files with CCleaner
Check your temp files path and make sure it's located at C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache
If you don't have "INetCache" folder make a new folder and name it "temp" and then open the Windows temp settings and choose the new path by clicking on Move folder...

If the above steps didn't work for you, open Command Prompt as admin and type net user Administrator /active:yes .This will activate the built-in Administrator account.

1-Log out your account and log in the Administrator account.
2-Open TruckersMP launcher and install the updates. Try to launch the game and see it if works.
3-Log out again and log back in with your normal account.
4-If you still have the same error you can keep playing from the Administrator account as a temporary solution.?

I have now tried pretty much all of this

Updating .Net Framework to the newest 4.8 version.

CCleaner

My temp files path is C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache.

As for launching with admin account, It didn't work. The "connection error" message is all that pops up, I can't launch the launcher.

I have now tried installing a different version of ETS2 as well, but It still doesn't work.

Hello @jokkeman66

Check the following below solutions:

1. This solution has helped other players recently:

1 Go to "This PC" and copy/paste this path C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache & C:\Windows\Temp\WebCache (if available).

2 Delete all files from both folders.

3 Launch the launcher and try again.

2. If it does not help, try this solution:

1.Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard

2.Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes)

3.Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.

4.Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"

5.Go to our website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges: https://truckersmp.com/download/

source: Error HRESULT: 0x80072EE4

I hope I helped:)

Sincerely

MarkON (player-Veteran Driver)

2 hours ago, MarkON said:

Hello @jokkeman66

Check the following below solutions:

1. This solution has helped other players recently:

2. If it does not help, try this solution:

source: Error HRESULT: 0x80072EE4

I hope I helped:)

Sincerely

MarkON (player-Veteran Driver)

Hello

I was finally able to launch the launcher again. I was able to find two "WebCache" files here: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache

But none here: C:\Windows\Temp\WebCache. I deleted the ones I found and dobule clicked the launcher. Nothing happend at first, but while I was reading your post the launcher suddenly appeared on my screen. It seems like deleting the WebCache files worked.

Thank you so much, I have had this problem since march and It's finally working again :)

• Like 1