Allow certain client side mods to be used

Suggestion Name: Allow certain client side mods to be used

Suggestion Description: Only mods that affect your game should be usable in multiplayer. For example, graphics mods, sound mods, gps mods, map background mods, weather mods, UI mods, etc. These are all small mods and nothing that can affect or harm other players like insane engine mods or anything like that or map mods that are hard for TMP to add. 

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: Yeah it's been suggested before but I'm sure many people would like to use mods to enhance their game. We had winter mod and truckersmp just let us download it by ourselves so they don't have to spend money to host servers for downloading it, you just put the mod into the ETS2MP/ATSMP mod folder and it works but only if the mod is approved. There can be a seperate suggestion sub-forum to suggest mods that they can either approve or deny. Not being able to have mods in multiplayer sucks and one of the reasons I don't play multiplayer that much. I enjoy playing with mods and even if we can only have client side mods in multiplayer I would probably play more often. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 4 months later...

Hello dragonslayingmaster1000,

Thank you first of all for your time to create a suggestion, and I apologise for the delayed answer.

This idea has somehow been planned for some time already, however, our Developers still need to find an optimal solution in order to be able to support something like this. I will be accepting this suggestion so we can look into it at a later stage.

Accepted.

• Like 1

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions