Do Game Moderators abuse the Police Siren?

poland.ball

Hello,

so many game Moderators like to drive around with ther police car & sirens.

My discussion is about, how you react if an admin is behind you with the sirens and lights.

Do you pull over and let him pass or do you ignore it?

I do personally pull over when I hear a siren and I see lights in my mirror, as I think the admin NEEDS to drive to a destination quickly. I always think if I do not let the admin pass that it might get considered as blocking and I might get banned. So I always slow down, and pull on the side of the road to let him pass.

Hello,

my opinion about it is you don't need to pull over.

Just stay on your Lane (on the highway the right Lane) and let them pass correctly so nothing will happen.

The most of the Peoples get scared if they hear such Police sirens or get confused, but there is no reason for it.

So the best Way like i said already let them pass correctly and don't try to block them with driving to the left Lane for example.

I prefer to not use the Police Car, because in the Past there was also not any scout Cars so i will just stay in my Truck! :)

I have found this only once and that time, the GM not only had lights and sirens on, he asked me to pull over and stop, so I did. Luckily, it had nothing to do with me breaking any rules, it was just that the GM and I knew each other and he had decided to do a little "role playing", stopping me, asking for documentation, cargo, etc. We were stopped for a while, having a friendly chat and then kept going.

But if I found myself in that situation right now, I'd only feel annoyed. I believe that game moderators should not go driving their police cars, lights or not, sirens or not. They should be stopped, looking into reports, using freecam and teleport to check the reported situations, etc. If they want to call me out for anything, they can use in-game chat, PM or even the CB. Obviously, they have the right to play just as anyone else, but when doing this, they should not go as GMs, but as any other player, no police car, no sirens, no lights... Just my opinion.

Personally, I think this should be in the rules a bit more and I will try to bring it up with the relevant persons.

However in my eyes, I don’t expect people to move out of the way if I have lights and sirens on. This is only a precautionary in order for other users to know I’m there and that I may be overtaking or driving fast.

The only time I want you to move over is if I ask you in chat.

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

Clarifying in the rules wouldn't be bad.

Since ETS2 is a simulation based game, especially newbies might think they need to let them pass or so otherwise they get banned or so. Either add this thing into the game that you NEED to let them pass or just clarify the police sirens and lights just to be cosmetical.

Addition:
I saw a video, where someone pulled over to let the admin pass and the admin got confused and kicked him for blocking. I think this should get clarified in the rules definetly!

Me personally, I like to drive around in the police car only to make it known that a admin is on the server. However, the only times I use the lights and siren is if I see someone doing something wrong or if someone ask me to pull them over for their live stream or video their recording. I look at as community involvement.  

647122462_NewBanner.jpg.82c9c4d67a006b4db2f6122ce7c100b1.jpg

Considering anything the mods need to do can be done through the free-cam and admin commands, why would you even care about the lights and siren?  It's just a noisy beacon and honestly any moderator that tries to "pull me over" or tries to act like a cop, I'm just going to ignore them.  It's bad enough that you have kids trying to paint their skodas and act like cops, the mods shouldn't be doing it unless it's for some event or they're blocking a road.

So as I stated(I think) The "pulling people over" thing is only done via request for their video or stream(Speaking for myself). Now the only time I would turn my lights and siren on behind someone is if they were doing something bad and almost wrecked or caused damage to another player. Depending on the severity of the situation, I would remove them from the server. So what I'm getting at here is that I would only use them during a roleplay situation(requested by a player) or to serve as a warning to anther player. 

647122462_NewBanner.jpg.82c9c4d67a006b4db2f6122ce7c100b1.jpg

If i hear that the police siren, I wil not not think where is he/she.

I just will still drive on the way where i need to go. Because i have not done any things to break the rules.

And when use the police siren i just think they have some very important things need to do and need to drive faster. 

I think like in the US, when you hear sirens and see lights behind you, you must move over for the vehicle. Like when they had the last real operations they did a police chase thing. I did not know what was going on when a random pink car almost crashed into me and then 4 police cars came up behind me. They should clarify in the rules that you need to move over for admins with lights and sirens on. 

On 6/12/2019 at 8:08 AM, El1teZombiezHD said:

Personally, I think this should be in the rules a bit more and I will try to bring it up with the relevant persons.

However in my eyes, I don’t expect people to move out of the way if I have lights and sirens on. This is only a precautionary in order for other users to know I’m there and that I may be overtaking or driving fast.

The only time I want you to move over is if I ask you in chat.

Well considering that it is real life law that you must pull over for emergency vehicles, I def think it should be in the rules, especially for ATS. Not sure on European laws, but I am also an avid ETS2 player as well as ATS.

^

Yes, this is indeed a thing in europe too. You need to pull over for them to let them pass, but only if they are in an emergency.

If you do not let them pass you should expect a fine and trouble.

Here's how one of the cops in germany reacted to people to make photos of an accident and blocking the traffic, so its a similar thing. This video is not only meant to stop people making pictures of dead people it should too stop people from blocking emergency vehicles.

I usually dont use the Sirens a whole lot. Sometimes i will pull people over just for the "role playing" and i feel like a lot of people think its cool if i pull them over and tell them they where speeding or ask if they have any suspicious things in their trailer. Usually i do this when i am sure they know english so they know whats going on.  Just a little fun. Other than that i dont really use the sirens a whole lot :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There;

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me.:wub:  

//Moved to Archive

Archived