What's the reason of beeping for you?

HatCap

I don’t usually horn, only if someone is weaving across the road in front of me while I’m trying to pass...  I use it to signal my presence. (Tap it, not press and hold ;) )

It seems common practice on the roads of  the multiplayer to sound the horn to greet other players... I flash my lights to greet other players if they horn before I pass. 

1. Mainly to let people know I'm there.

and

2. To say "hello" to those honking to me to say "hello"

That's pretty much it really.

I like to honk if there are another player, they are honking after me! :D 

Sometimes i also flashing back to the player.

ZefojGaming

TruckersMP  |  Master Trucker

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Regler | Rekruttering | Support | Feedback | Mød Teamet | Guider | Forslag

Guest Cowie

Hey, this is a very good topic to discuss on the forums, thanks for posting it!

I see it as if everyone uses the horn even just to greet every 10th person they pass, imagine how many "beeps" that makes in a day, a week and a month. This number would be immense and would bring it to a certain point where we ask ourselves "what happens when I actually use my horn to get someone's attention for pulling out in front of me or similar". The problem here is that players get so used to hearing that horn noise especially in congested areas near the north of France and Germany, so when they actually committed a driving mistake, they may not know as they will end up ignoring that horn sound.

Therefore, I do like to type in chat with "hii" or "heya" rather than honking. However, if it's someone I know, I might honk quickly if there aren't many people in the area.

Hope this answers your question, thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

-ccowie

I'm a simple person i use my horn to avoid crashes like when someone is reversing and didn't see me or someone has sleept on the wheel and go in my lane and to notice someone that did a mistake like NOT turning on BLINKER while i wait him to pass in small corners and very few times i use it to greet someone who i know (NOT EVERY PERSON WHO I HAVE NEVER MEET IN MY LIFE)(Because otherwise i have to go crazy) btw one thing that i hate is when is morning everything is quiet and chill and suddenlly someone comes from the other side and be like AIIIIRRRR HOOOOOORN for real if i could get out of the truck and fight i whould. 

The purpose of the honk is to warn the others for a reason or to draw the other’s attention to the current situation.

So, I don’t greet people by honking or flashing.

Saying hi to friends :) Second is trying to warn someone if they made something wrong.

King Regards           

TruckersMP Translation Team

123.PNG

Ryotaink

If I don’t have time to flash the headlights when I say hello, I will respond with a horn.

China Chenxi VTC COO --- 中国晨曦俱乐部首席运营官

Chinese  --- English     

*Asia's first TruckersMP official verified VTC*

Our goal is the stars and the sea  

寻求帮助 I 规则 I 中文板块 I 封禁申诉 I 反馈 I 招聘

I bip to acknowledge presence while overtaking or being overtaken. I get bipped when I'm travelling at the limit but some noobgasm wants to floor it past me whilst having a good old sniff up my backend before shooting out & overatking at 100mph on a blind undulating bend shortly before they suffer death, destruction & calamity in a massive huge horrendous 'accident'.

I like to give a couple of beeps of my horn, and a couple of flashes of my high beams at the same time as I pass trucks with trailers. It's my way of a friendly hello. I don't do the same for people in cars.

devils rejects1 fixed small.jpg

Devils Rejects Trucking Club (on Trucksbook)   -   Owner

Archived