Racing Championship - Summer 2019

Digital

This looks really cool! It's a very busy period for me so I won't be able to join the event itself, but I'll try to see if I can sneak in some time to spectate this from the sidelines. Good luck to all participants!

3 hours ago, THEREALDETONATOR said:

The event Will be on 1.35 ir 1.34? If it is on 1.35 I Will participate, if not I will not downgrade, and of course can't participate.

I think it's fairly obvious that the event will be on 1.35 if the servers have updated by that time. If they have not, the event will be on 1.34.

1 hour ago, Raeker said:

This looks really cool! It's a very busy period for me so I won't be able to join the event itself, but I'll try to see if I can sneak in some time to spectate this from the sidelines. Good luck to all participants!

I think it's fairly obvious that the event will be on 1.35 if the servers have updated by that time. If they have not, the event will be on 1.34.

Thats what I'm thinking. My only one problem with downgrading its just my very slow internet connection, it takes about an hour an half to downgrade or update!

• Like 1

WHEN YOU TAKEN THE SPEED OF 120MPH = 193 KM OF THE SERVERS. EURO TRUCK 2 WAS BORING. YOU COULD OPEN THE SERVER FREEROAM FOR THE SPEED OF 120 MPH = 193 KM. AI YES THE GAME WILL BE GOOD FOR THOSE WHO LIKE TO MAKE LONG TRAVELS. WHY THE INFINITE TRUCKERS WILL RELEASE THE SPEED OF 120 MPH. AND WE WILL MIGRATE FOR

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, MartyTheTrucker said:

What does this mean? Is all truck modding banned? Can we have save edited trucks?

Hello @MartyTheTrucker

In my opinion

Read full this(§3.1) rules:

"Your vehicle must be functional within the game and must not cause game crashes. The following save edits are permitted on trucks:

• Using paintjobs from one truck on another
  • Using an 8x4 specific paint on another chassis type (and vice versa)
  • Using an engine from one truck in another
  • Using a transmission from one truck in another
  • Using sounds from one truck in another
  • Mixing cab and chassis from different trucks
  • Using up to 3 bars (4 bars for Scania trucks), in any combination; for example, all 3 bars could be roofbars, but the other 2 bar slots must be empty. For mod makers, f_grill, r_grill, b_grill and c_grill (Scania only) are the bars which this covers
  • Using standard LEDs on any addon slot (exterior only)
  • Using standard spotlights on any addon slot (exterior only), except rear bumper
  • Using Michelin dolls on any addon slot (exterior only)
  • Using accessories, such as lightbars or sideskirts, from one truck on another

The following save edits are not permitted on trucks:

• Duplicate accessories (including addon hookups), or multiple accessories of the same type, except for bars mentioned above.
  • Using an interior from one cabin in another, this does not include steering wheels
  • Using interior accessories on the outside of a vehicle
  • Using exterior accessories on the inside of a vehicle
  • Placing beacons on any slot that beacons cannot be placed on by default
  • Placing large horns on any slot that large horns cannot be placed on by default
  • Use of trailer or car parts on a truck
  • Adding any part to a vehicle which floats away from the vehicle, regardless of hitbox
  • Any save edit which adds an invisible hitbox"

source: https://truckersmp.com/rules

This event was sadly very poorly designed for those players that never got to participate. Only about 15% - 20% got to enjoy the event to the fullest, while the 80% - 85% only had their time wasted. 

In the future, I would like to see events being designed to include as many people as possible. There must've been a time while designing that event where it came up that only a very few selected would be able to participate in the event. 

I understand that there may not be that many types of event that you can do on Euro Truck Simulator 2, but simple thing such as giving every player a profile badge is enough to satisfy most players. Just for something unique and limited they can display on their profile. There are probably other ways to reward players, perhaps even designing an in-game item that is only available for certain players. Perhaps that would be a bit too complicated, but it's just an idea. 

Excluding players is rather disrespectful towards the community. And if these types of events are to be repeated, then it would be literal bullying. 

Definition of bullying is when an individual or a group of people with more power, repeatedly cause hurt or harm to another person or group of people who have barely any say at all. 

• Upvote 1

SHeDTix.png

33 minutes ago, alex85khil said:

Tell me how to enter to event If I will go next event?

The way the event worked this time was that all you had to do was show up and park in a certain area. Then 48 players were randomly selected to participate. 

Sadly, about 200-300 players showed up which would mean only ~18% of the players joining the event got to play. 

• Woah! 1

SHeDTix.png

On 6/16/2019 at 6:56 PM, Glada_Laxen said:

This event was sadly very poorly designed for those players that never got to participate. Only about 15% - 20% got to enjoy the event to the fullest, while the 80% - 85% only had their time wasted. 

In the future, I would like to see events being designed to include as many people as possible. There must've been a time while designing that event where it came up that only a very few selected would be able to participate in the event. 

I understand that there may not be that many types of event that you can do on Euro Truck Simulator 2, but simple thing such as giving every player a profile badge is enough to satisfy most players. Just for something unique and limited they can display on their profile. There are probably other ways to reward players, perhaps even designing an in-game item that is only available for certain players. Perhaps that would be a bit too complicated, but it's just an idea. 

Excluding players is rather disrespectful towards the community. And if these types of events are to be repeated, then it would be literal bullying. 

Definition of bullying is when an individual or a group of people with more power, repeatedly cause hurt or harm to another person or group of people who have barely any say at all. 

like i stated dude after 3 hours of waiting we didnt even get a s**tty consolation prize unique in game paint job anything is better than nothing and has anyone noticed no staff has adressed any of this yet......

5 hours ago, IPEEKATCHU said:

like i stated dude after 3 hours of waiting we didnt even get a s**tty consolation prize unique in game paint job anything is better than nothing and has anyone noticed no staff has adressed any of this yet......

Lols didnt even get to c e finish line

• Like 1

This was a lovely event, I really enjoyed it @Digital. There was nothing wrong with the random selection, I got lucky I was picked to race. Yes it would have been a bummer if I didnt get to race but I wouldn't be crying like you guys are. 

Just cause you weren't picked, doesn't mean you have to be toxic about the event. There is always next time.