Racing Championship - Summer 2019

Digital

On 6/16/2019 at 6:56 PM, Glada_Laxen said:

This event was sadly very poorly designed for those players that never got to participate. Only about 15% - 20% got to enjoy the event to the fullest, while the 80% - 85% only had their time wasted. 

In the future, I would like to see events being designed to include as many people as possible. There must've been a time while designing that event where it came up that only a very few selected would be able to participate in the event. 

I understand that there may not be that many types of event that you can do on Euro Truck Simulator 2, but simple thing such as giving every player a profile badge is enough to satisfy most players. Just for something unique and limited they can display on their profile. There are probably other ways to reward players, perhaps even designing an in-game item that is only available for certain players. Perhaps that would be a bit too complicated, but it's just an idea. 

Excluding players is rather disrespectful towards the community. And if these types of events are to be repeated, then it would be literal bullying. 

Definition of bullying is when an individual or a group of people with more power, repeatedly cause hurt or harm to another person or group of people who have barely any say at all. 

This event was not bullying you turned up get picked randomly. Too many people expected to race. If everyone raced the event would have taken hours making it very boaring. @Glada_Laxen.

15 hours ago, IPEEKATCHU said:

like i stated dude after 3 hours of waiting we didnt even get a s**tty consolation prize unique in game paint job anything is better than nothing and has anyone noticed no staff has adressed any of this yet......

@IPEEKATCHU are they really just going to give you a prize for turning up. I raced and only got to the quarter finals so I probably wont get anything for it either. But I'm not angry about it.

1 hour ago, Twilight_Sparkle said:

This event was not bullying you turned up get picked randomly. Too many people expected to race. If everyone raced the event would have taken hours making it very boaring. @Glada_Laxen

I said if it were to repeat, it would basically be. And especially now that I have mentioned it, they should be aware of it in case they try do this event again just the way it was done. 

The reason why I very much dislike this event is because absolutely nothing was done or given to ~80% of those that joined. And I'd call that a very poorly designed event. 

• True Story 1

SHeDTix.png

2 hours ago, Twilight_Sparkle said:

This was a lovely event, I really enjoyed it @Digital. There was nothing wrong with the random selection, I got lucky I was picked to race. Yes it would have been a bummer if I didnt get to race but I wouldn't be crying like you guys are. 

Just cause you weren't picked, doesn't mean you have to be toxic about the event. There is always next time.

NEXT TIME where we all waste another 2 3 hours lol 

3 hours ago, Twilight_Sparkle said:

@IPEEKATCHU are they really just going to give you a prize for turning up. I raced and only got to the quarter finals so I probably wont get anything for it either. But I'm not angry about it.

im not angry about it but its extremly silly that me and all the other dads gave up our fathers day evening to join in on a event which was poorly organised and as far as i could see friends of admins and such most of the names i saw usually hang in admins stream or i have seen them rolling around on mp with admins thats my point and its not hard to spend 30 40 minutes in photoshop creating a 2019 race attendee badge to give those who attended whould have been better than hey thanks for coming but we only have the $100 gift card for one person when photoshop and time costs nothing.................. fuck me if i had known that all the people but one where getting nothing i would have created a attendee badge and participant badges for the tmp team to put on profiles

Edited by en_field
Removed unnecessary quote.

On 6/16/2019 at 9:37 AM, JualmasBR said:

Oh no. It's going to be at 1.34 and I'm already at 1.35
I do not want to downgrade.
I'll take part next time. Or I will watch.

:rolleyes:

Right. I did downgrade to version 1.34 and then back to newest version.There I lost my current saved game. Hard to find saved game(cloud save) for 1.35 version.

On 6/18/2019 at 10:39 PM, Digital said:

Due to time restrictions, we were limited to

I think the only one restriction is that you don't understand your own goals. To design a good event you should always keep in mind your goals! 

The goals may be different. If the goal is to entertain admins, it's legit goal, no comments. If not, you should understand - what exactly do you want from such events. Exactly!

Maybe you want to draw attention to truckers.mp and promote it.

Nice! Than draw attentions of ETS and ATS blogers or just letsplayers. Make live YouTube and Twitch streams, so people can watch this and maybe they will be interested. Afterwards make shorter videos that are more suitable for casual viewer. Many people have not enough time to watch really long videos. If you don't wanna mess with streaming software and video editing - DO A SCREENSHOTS AT LEAST! Couple of freaking screenshots!!! Make at least a TEXT report. People want to know what was going on. Describe the event. Report number of races, timings, tell us what trucks did they use, anything else, any additional details! People who were not able to participate want to know something. But in this situation they were just threw away like junk. Reason was - "no time, no space for you, just go away!"

Another goal. If you want to stimulate the culture of driving, driving skills, following traffic rules, etc. I mean that existing MP players are your target. Then show respect to them. Ask them to participate. Try to involve as many players as possible. Make a poll to choose desired event date and time. Keep in mind international and local holidays etc. This will really help to find out the best time for event, when most players will be able to participate. I understand that it's impossible to make a race with 4k players at a time. Sure. Then make a series of qualifying races, to chose participants. Give players an ability to participate in race with an entry fee (this will help to pay server expenses etc). For example 50% of payed players, 50% of qualification winners. Add couple of people just from the crowd. Organize spectators. Teach people how to use free camera. So they shouldn't park their trucks exactly where the race takes place. As I said before, people may just watch live Internet translations. If someone really really want to be right in the middle of the show (mom, I'm on TV) then SELL some VIP places. Next. Give players something that they will be proud of (badges, special tags, respect points, etc). People will be happy, people will give positive feedbacks, people will want to participate next time. Players loyalty to you will raise! 

Another possible goal - monetization. It's ok,  you need some money to pay servers and developers. As I suggested before - sell VIP places, take an entry fee. Find sponsors. It may be just a product placement or prize fund. It's absolutely real to make a deal with guys like Pepsico Inc for example. 

Everything is possible if you really well understand your goals, guys...