Double Trailer in Germany?

noflashtv

54 minutes ago, DavinaETS said:

Thought 0t was banned.

TMP cant tell  how much your trailer weighs, plus now with your own trailer, it is empty. But back before then when they made that rule they said 0 ton is not allowed because it looks like a speed hack, so driving without a trailer must look like speed hack too lol TMP logic

People already use save editing to drive dobles or even triples (which doesnt even exist on single player, only in ATS) on C-D road, and they aren't much of an issue. I do not think they could be more chaos. They are also harder to control so you simply cannot go full reckless with a double trailer otherwise you are going to crash every few kilometers. In fact, i think i haven't seen anyone doing that yet. 

My only concerns would be:

* People who have the bad habit of driving extremely slow (e.g. 40-60 kph) on C-D road without a valid reason to do so (nearby accident, heavy cargo, faulty engine, etc) would be even more dangerous with a double trailer (longer vehicle, takes more time to overtake).

* They could be used for blocking, for example if someone exits the Calais service and stays blocking the whole road (altough he wont last much there, more likely he will be sent to outer space by some other player leaving the garage with ghost mode).

18 hours ago, Asyedan said:

* People who have the bad habit of driving extremely slow (e.g. 40-60 kph) on C-D road without a valid reason to do so (nearby accident, heavy cargo, faulty engine, etc) would be even more dangerous with a double trailer (longer vehicle, takes more time to overtake).

It might have slipped your attention, but most parts of the infamous C-D road have a speed limit of 60kph.
As a two lane road, the C-D road is narrow with only limited space for evasive maneuvers. Its daily chaos caused by countless accidents is proof that most players overestimate their driving skills and lack situational awareness.

Following this speed limit therefore is not a bad habit, but rather a contribution of improving road safety.

• Business Analyst

My opinion is that they should be allowed anywhere. I see doubles and triples regularly on the CD road and they have never caused any extra chaos (from what I have seen, of course). It's the speed junkies that race their trucks at 150 km/h and reckless overtakers that cause accidents, so in that sense it would be more rational to decrease the maximum velocity than to ban double trailers. 

In Duisburg, however, there are issues with double trailers. The railings on the pavements block trailers, because many truck drivers do not know that they should increase their turning circle. A simple solution would be banning double trailers, but I think that's a solution that comes at a price of ruining the fun of those players that do know how to drive properly. I always ask the oncoming traffic in Duisburg (on the road of NBFC) if I can take their side of the road to make my turn. It may take some time before someone allows you to do that, but most of the time that's done within 5 minutes. In my opinion, a better solution would be to delete the outer ends of the railings to allow players with double trailers to drive on the pavements with their rear trailer wheels while they're making the turn. The same solution could be applied to the workstation in Duisburg. Also on that location railing on the pavements block the turning circle of double trailers.

As a final note, I don't think you should want to solve any issue. Let people struggle and they will learn that they should increase their turning circle. Especially cities like Duisburg are fun to go to just because it is very crowded at peak hours. I personally enjoy that. If people get stuck, let them try to solve it on their own and if they're not able to, a game moderator will kick them within a few minutes. If everything would go smooth, or the busiest parts of Duisburg would be made a non collision zone, that would take away the fun part of enjoying heavy traffic. And if you really, really don't like the traffic in Duisburg, you can simply take cargo to one of the many other destinations in the game. If you don't want to meet the heavy traffic on the roads surrounding Duisburg, you can simply take several other roads. It's not that you have to go there if you really don't want to. 

So, TL;DR: my advice would be to remove all restriction zones globally and to remove the outer ends of the railings on the pavements at the entry location of NBFC and the workstation in Duisburg. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello There;

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me.  

//Moved to Archive

Archived