Double Trailer in Germany?

noflashtv

Yes guys, We have an issue or good news (both can be) that DOUBLE TRAILERs

I think its going to be hard for most drivers. We have lots of reckless drivers with 1 trailer, so what about the second trailer?

Are we going to see more crashes? at the corners, turns, while overtaking... We have to be more carefull about that. Long trailers need more patient!

Think about Duisburg-Calais road. 

NF2 Team Leader

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-03 at 22.55.09.jpeg

I don't think the restricted zone will fully removed, simply because of the c-d. I think they will make it smaller. So that cities like Kassel and Groningen will unlocked for double trailers im MP. A full removal of the restricted zone is not what will happen in my opinion.
Take duisburg as example, small entries, one lane roads. Even with 1 Trailer, like you said, is it hard because it is overcrowded, so doubles will be the hell and traffic jam 24/7. Can't say no more to the topic, that's my opinion and I stick to that.

I really think they should shrink the limit to just Duisburg and the one road outside Duisburg that leads to the c-d road, and of course the c-d road.

No town in ETS2 is populated to the point where people can't drive a double trailer through, aside from Duisburg. (Calais has more than enough space for it)

Honestly I think that as long as C-D Road, Brussels, Calais City and Duisburg City are excluded, Doubles should be allowed wherever else, HCTs, not so much because the chance of people not knowing how to handle a trailer 2x longer than normal is going to be too high, same with triples, but normal double trailers should be fine. 

14 minutes ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Honestly I think that as long as C-D Road, Brussels, Calais City and Duisburg City are excluded, Doubles should be allowed wherever else, HCTs, not so much because the chance of people not knowing how to handle a trailer 2x longer than normal is going to be too high, same with triples, but normal double trailers should be fine. 

No, i think they should be allowed everywhere. Limiting them does nothing, trolls will simply go where they are allowed & block that area instead solving nothing, Duisburg services could have an extended ncz like they did way back with the EP which would remove the cluster of people getting caught on the railing causing traffic to back up ( should have done that from day one ). Simply make the road between the two junctions a ncz area! 

@Koneko_

But then how are we going to do if we players have a double trailer delivery in the middle of town like in Duisburg? If a zone will be imposed how to go deliver our cargo? If the double trailers are so problematic I agree that they are forbidden to traffic on the road CD. But personally, I think the double trailers can go into town like any trailer on itself. It just needs drivers to take it really wide and the distances it takes (maybe a video help on the TruckersMP YouTube channel could help for example). Then we have moderator patrols in town to avoid any accidents.
That’s just how I feel. :)

2 minutes ago, Nathrob said:

@Koneko_

But then how are we going to do if we players have a double trailer delivery in the middle of town like in Duisburg? If a zone will be imposed how to go deliver our cargo? If the double trailers are so problematic I agree that they are forbidden to traffic on the road CD. But personally, I think the double trailers can go into town like any trailer on itself. It just needs drivers to take it really wide and the distances it takes (maybe a video help on the TruckersMP YouTube channel could help for example). Then we have moderator patrols in town to avoid any accidents.
That’s just how I feel. :)

I feel the same way, but sadly the real thing is that too many drivers that exactly can't do that and causing problems are would do that. Duisburg is already a mess with 1 Trailer, as I said... with 2 it would be a disaster. You have a good point with deliviers from and to duisburg... didn't even thought about that, but I also don't know how to handle that.

14 minutes ago, Koneko_ said:

I feel the same way, but sadly the real thing is that too many drivers that exactly can't do that and causing problems are would do that. Duisburg is already a mess with 1 Trailer, as I said... with 2 it would be a disaster. You have a good point with deliviers from and to duisburg... didn't even thought about that, but I also don't know how to handle that.

I think the best solution is to allow doubles everywhere they're allowed in the base game, just double the punishment.  Ie.  If ramming a user with a single trailer would get someone a week ban, ramming with a double trailer should get them a two week ban.  

21 hours ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

No, i think they should be allowed everywhere. Limiting them does nothing, trolls will simply go where they are allowed & block that area instead solving nothing, Duisburg services could have an extended ncz like they did way back with the EP which would remove the cluster of people getting caught on the railing causing traffic to back up ( should have done that from day one ). Simply make the road between the two junctions a ncz area! 

I suppose it'll make fail videos even more hilarious seeing doubles go rocketing through the air. Then again, if heavy Hauls are allowed in the area which are, in my opinion, more dangerous than Double trailers are, because of their tendency to want to roll over and the fact that you have no brakes on hills and are a moving road block, yet double trailer loads can weigh up to 50 tonnes at least but are more stable and take more driving skill to operate, so yeah, I have to agree with you on that one.

As for making the area a NCZ, its one of those things we've all talked about since C-D became an issue, its just about whether its possible or not given how NCZs are added in, I hope that with SCS seemingly refreshing older parts of the map that eventually C-D will get a refresh and that will remove most of the issues. 

4 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

I suppose it'll make fail videos even more hilarious seeing doubles go rocketing through the air. Then again, if heavy Hauls are allowed in the area which are, in my opinion, more dangerous than Double trailers are, because of their tendency to want to roll over and the fact that you have no brakes on hills and are a moving road block, yet double trailer loads can weigh up to 500 tonnes at least but are more stable and take more driving skill to operate, so yeah, I have to agree with you on that one.

Have you seen heavy oversize loads on the road, in the UK they have a max speed of 45mph ( thats what the tractors are limited to ).

9 hours ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

Have you seen heavy oversize loads on the road, in the UK they have a max speed of 45mph ( thats what the tractors are limited to ).

yes ive seen Heavies IRL, I used to see them quite regularly while there was major building works and excavation going on nearby, its what inspired me to play ETS in the first place. 

I was just saying that honestly, in terms of difficulty, a double isn't that much more difficult than a heavy haul, in fact theres less to think about with a double than a heavy, especially In TMP where everyone seems to want to do 110 MPH everywhere and if youre doing less than that speed, you get ran off the road. 

I wasn't a fan of the whole exclusion zone idea when it was announced because it doesn't make that much difference than what goes on now anyways.

In my honest opinion, Doubles should be allowed everywhere, same as heavies, the only difference being that if you are caught trolling or blocking with a double, then punishments should be tighter for them seeing as they are essentially twice the length, but from my experience, those with doubles outside the no go zone are pretty well behaved all things considered, ive had more run ins with trolls with single trailers whole block one side of the road with their trailer and the other with their truck, at least with a double its harder to position to block like that. 

4 hours ago, DavinaETS said:

Surely doubling the punishment would add an extra tier of complication for admin. 

@megadethsteve666 Where do you get 500t from? By my reckoning the max weight is th 61t train so 2 of those is 122t.

Save editing, you can have over 200t but thats not a good idea with doubles being one trailer is 0t by default ( the longest one has the weight ) 

Archived