VTC and VTC Management

User_288511

Hey everyone. I would like to ask a few questions about VTCs. 

In your opinion, what makes a good VTC?

What are some of the necessary mods and or programs needed to successfully run at VTC.

Can a VTC be too focused on one thing?

How do you balance the professionalism vs the fun factor to keep all members happy?

These are just a few questions that popped into my head. I have some of my own answers but am curious as to see how other people view/answer these. 

TIA

spacer.png

In my opinion, a VTC that would appeal to me would be one that focuses on realism and the every day operations of a transport company. The people running the show need to have a fairly decent background when it comes to transport companies to determine what is and what isn't classed as realistic. They also need to be active and participate with their drivers and provide the drivers with opportunities to develop and move up the ranking ladder within the VTC (goal setting, etc). The virtual paperwork is no issue and as long as they accommodate a program to aid with it (either TruckBooks or an independent program) then it's almost all automatic anyway and requires little to no effort. The VTC should have a professional page on the forums that describes what the company do, where they are based from, the fleet of trucks they have and the company livery (which shouldn't be too 'out there') - all of which should be headed with a clean company logo.

A lot of VTC's (when I used to play all the time, unsure if they've changed) are heavily focused on convoys. That's not an issue at all, but I for one am not interested in large planned convoys and prefer to drive alone or in a very small group. When they're more bothered about convoys than how their drivers perform or their activity then it drives me away from the company. 

Professionalism and the fun factor is hard to balance because all members will be different and have their own tastes which is well within their right. In my opinion, VIVA have got this down to a tee. When I drove for them they held regular convoys for those wanting fun, and also recognised people for their realistic approach to trucking - a lot of the divisions incorporate roleplay into their delivery logs which was great to see (all of which was optional to balance to realism and fun). They regularly updated their special delivery lists and also held daily polls etc to keep the community engaged which really helped balance the two factors. 

5PEARMINT

Hello, 
Caught our attention to his VTC's topic. We have a VTC management website, called ETSFS (www.etsfs.com), we have an app that records the trips made to ETS2 and ATS, we prioritize trips through TruckersMP and world of trucks, there are many companies using the application for VTC management, the site shows many data such as amount of cargos, cargos, tons, km's, diesel. There is also a monthly ranking for the dispute of companies and drivers. 
To answer your other questioning, we see that the motivations of the drivers are variable, there are those who like the simulation, convoys, goals, personal progress, and others. ETSFS is almost 4 years old and we use TruckersMP and the World of Trucks to gather convoys drivers and make solid friends, not to mention the safety and rules that TruckersMP has and that helps us a lot in controlling the drivers, to make them more respectful of others in TruckersMP, with little or no reporting for bad conduct of drivers using ETSFS together with TruckersMP. 
ETSFS has monthly events to increase driver motivation, with goals to be achieved, making the game more enjoyable. There is also the supply of the company's own diesel tank, among other innovations geared to the economy and VTC's management. 
I invite you and others to know the site and any questions contact the team speak: ts3.etsfs.net 

Juliano Matsumoto

(JuNinja) ETSFS Member

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There;

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me.  

//Moved to Archive

Archived