Best Gaming Wheel?

RichManSCTV

I personally use the Logitech G27 wheel which is now discontinued, but if you find a brand new one, I recommend you to buy it. It comes with a manual shifter which has the Dpad and 8 additional buttons on it which are useful, other than the 6 buttons on the steering wheel which you can access with your thumb, making it easier and comfortable to use. Whereas the Logitech G29, you'll have to buy a separate manual shifter (costs extra money too), and without the additional Dpad & buttons on the shifter (it'd be on the steering wheel which can be awful to use while steering.) Additionally, you may want to consider the Thrustmaster TX Leather plus the TH8A shifter (manual.) Keep in mind that shifters can be modified at your discretion.

However, this video helped me out a lot deciding which one should I get, I'm sure you'll find it helpful.

The best steering wheels are also the most expensive ones. They are made for (competitive) sim racing and are probably not worth getting for ATS and ETS2.

I agree with @xenophobia , the G27 is probably the best choice. I went from G25 to G29 and I really miss the buttons on the shifter. The G25 has the same shifter layout as the G27.

The G25 is also a good wheel, but the force feedback makes it noisy and it has only 2 buttons besides the shifter paddles. If you can get your hands on a G25 or G27 (new or used), you have a good wheel.

Both come with free H-Shifters, have 3 pedals and are made with real leather.

Maybe this video could help you out, as explained in the video it completely depends on how much you are willing to spend. However, I believe that this video goes in-depth and could help you choose one of these videos shown in the video. I personally use the G29 but when I have the money I may consider getting the Thrustmaster Pro.

I have gone through the G25 ~> G27 ~> G29. To be honest with you. I really really miss my G27. That wheel was the best thing I ever had. I was able to assign so many options. I feel limited with my Current G29. But Honestly. It gets the job done and can be adjusted to your liking. 

• 2 weeks later...

The G27 is the best imo. You can no longer buy it new, but you can find some good deals in the used market (I have bought one used and it works fine). I even prefer it to the newer choices that Logitech offers (G29/G920) since it has more buttons (and I think that in games such as ETS2 or ATS you need a lot of buttons to bind actions if you don't want to use the keyboard or a button box).

If you're willing to spend something more, the T300 series from Thrustmaster is the best at its price (much better than all the Logitech whels) but it lacks buttons and some accessories (gearbox shifter and the 3 pedal set (T3PA or T3PA Pro)) are sold separately.

Summing up, if you have enough money go for the Thrustmaster, if you need buttons and you don't want to spend a lot buy a used G27.

5632256.png  | ❔ Need help? ❔ | Allowed mods | TMP Rules |  5632256.png      If you liked what I wrote, just click the "Upvote" button! Thank you! ↗↗↗

1275462519_role_VeteranVI(1).png.e3386be

• 2 weeks later...

I use the G920 with shifter from Logitech. You have a lot of buttons to use, you have a wheel with a good quality and you don't Need to worry that you've got the Wheel in your hands in a bad situation.

Everyone does prefer another wheel but may SCS save the players with keyboards. They've got the hardest problems I think. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @RichManSCTV ,

If you wanna get a good and cheap wheel, I recommend you to have a look at the Thrustmaster t150. I've been using it for 3 years now and I have never had problems with it so far.

Have a look on amazon there you can get it for a good price. 
Of course you can get a Logitch as well, though they are more expensive. 

Well.. I'm happy with this one ^^.

Kind regards, LetFresh

81cFes356tL._SX466_.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pretty late on my reply but I love the G29, w/ pedals obviously. Beats the standard Mouse and Keyboard option I used to run. I'm sure many will agree.

team_team-veteran2.png.7addb7035d220bbdb3381dc051b65869.png.8ececf112fadf55c4a71f39a3a4eee78.png Since May 2015Discord: Shaun#4513

Community Member since May 17th, 2015. 

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND.

Cloofter/Shaun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived